PDA

View Full Version : One and Only MV

Talon92Fox
07-22-2005, 01:51 AM
Well this pisses me off badly. Dallas and I were hanging out at a girls house for a while tonight, we left there around one and I was going to drop him off at his house, so we get on 1st Ave and right when we're about to turn onto 7th St, Dallas tells me that the cop that just passed was turning around, I didn't think much of it since I wasn't doing anything illegal. But he pulls me over, comes up to the car, and tells me that the reason why he was pulling me over was because I had no front plate (remember the petition?!?), so I get my liscense and I open my glove box and right as I open it I remember that I have my fucking air soft gun in there!! So the cop on Dallas' side pulls his gun and says put your hands in the air and all that bullshit so I do and he notices it's just an air soft so he takes it with a bitchy attitude and both cops go back to their car and write me a fucking $69 ticket for violation of restriction or some shit like that, which means my liscense gets pulled for 6 months or a year, which means my car gets sold, which means my life is over.

I'm gonna go in tomorrow to try to fight it since I was basically on my way home, and I told the cop that but he still gave me a ticket.

Think I should or would it be a waste of time?

TbTalon94
07-22-2005, 07:03 AM
It is going to be a waste of time. He gave you a ticket for what you were doing. If you are caught driving after your "restriction" then it is illegal, sorry man. You should get that front liscense plate up :)

RandomHero
07-22-2005, 07:16 AM
dont fight it, its not worth it.

and why the fuck would you carry an airsoft gun in your glove box, thats just asking for trouble. at least keep it in your back seat or something so they dont see it, or if they do they dont get suspicous (sp?). that was a dumb move on your part.

Ashley
07-22-2005, 10:03 AM
wait wait wait.. time out. if you dont have your full license, and you get one moving violation (assuming this is your first one).. you dont get your license pulled. you just can't get your full license until you're 18 or for one year, whichever is soonest. if it's your second mv.. you get it pulled for 30 days... third mv, it's either 90 days or 6 months, i can't remember which.

Talon92Fox
07-22-2005, 12:55 PM
I've gotten my liscense pulled before for 3 moving violations, then when I got it back the D.O.T. told me that if I got one moving violation between then and December of '05 I think then it would be pulled again.

krustindumm
07-22-2005, 04:43 PM
IDK if a missing licence plate is a moving violation.

Here's where you went wrong:

1) you got 3 moving violations
2) you knew if you got another you would be in trouble, yet you left your front plate off on purpose
3) you drive in a not conforming manner.

To fix this there is one easy step, stop being a dumbass.

-Dustin

Regeneration X
07-22-2005, 09:23 PM
IDK if a missing licence plate is a moving violation.

Here's where you went wrong:

1) you got 3 moving violations
2) you knew if you got another you would be in trouble, yet you left your front plate off on purpose
3) you drive in a not conforming manner.

To fix this there is one easy step, stop being a dumbass.

-Dustin

agree, and the airsoft gun didnt help that out any either.

LaNcEr_eSx19
07-24-2005, 05:58 PM
damn that sucks .

melhoneybee
07-24-2005, 06:09 PM
you wont loose it for 6 months... once you turn 18 anything from the restricted shit gets dropped.... at least thats what i thought

Ashley
07-24-2005, 07:00 PM
yeah but he's not 18 yet. and if his birthday isn't for like 9 months.. he could lose it for 6 months. if his birthday was less than 6 months from now, then he'd get it once he turned 18.

Talon92Fox
07-24-2005, 07:24 PM
My birthday is in early October, so I'll only lose it for 3 months? Perfect!

Ashley
07-24-2005, 07:38 PM
either way, it's not really your ''one and only MV".. it's your fourth. so it really could have been prevented (leave before curfew and have your license plate attatched like you're supposed to and put your airsoft gun in your trunk or backseat where it should have been) or you could have at least been careful or something (dont take first ave where all the cops are, take a side street where there are no cops)