PDA

View Full Version : story of my life

94TSI
07-18-2005, 08:25 PM
so as some of you probably know i was having problems with my car a while back. so i took the time to research, and research and research the causes of my problem. after about 2 engine swaps and about 2000 dollars i finally said fuck it with these reman engines. so i pulled the out of my car and sold it on ebay.

i then bought an engine out of chicago that has a ported and polished head, fp1 cams, 2g pistons on 1g rods and everything was arp. this engine was completly rebuilt and everything was oem. i have every reciept and they add up to about 2500 dollars. i am thinking to myself the whole time this is gonna solve the problem i have been having. so i get it all done and it runs like a top for about 2 weeks and the problem of spark knock comes back.

at this point i figured i should take it to a mechanic to get the wiring harness tested because i had changed every single thing but that. so i took it to a shop that said it should be no problem to fix.

265 dollars later i pick the car up and it has mechanical knock!!!! it is so loud you can barely hear yourself think. come to find out while they were supposed to be testing the wiring harness they were out beating the FUCK out of it!!!

so i took it to a different shop after i get my lawyer lined up and find out they spun a rodd bearing and caused about 2000 dollars in damage.

the name of the shop i first took it too i cannot say at this point but i think some of you already know.

talk about getting shit on!!!

i just wanted to get this off my chest. thanks for listening

Ashley
07-18-2005, 08:30 PM
eww.. was this just recently?

94TSI
07-18-2005, 08:34 PM
just found out 3 days ago

Ashley
07-18-2005, 08:37 PM
that sucks, i've had a couple problems with that type of thing too. not as bad, but problems that showed up after i took my truck in to get worked on. sucks.

JustinS
07-18-2005, 09:36 PM
so you are suing? i would, god damned how dumb can they be.

good luck man!

DustinsDuster
07-19-2005, 05:40 AM
ive been wondering where you have been, Bob. havent heard from you in a while. i hope shit works out for you, maybe we could have another race right before winter again, hehehe.

Dustin

Drifte
07-19-2005, 05:52 AM
that was a cold night dustin.

bob; arent you workin at autozone now? i took my girlfriends truck their to get the CEL checked out, i thought i saw you outside fiddling with some guys big truck.

DustinsDuster
07-19-2005, 06:14 AM
that was a really cold night, but i still managed to hook alright, which was all i was worried about. well, i guess freezing to death in my car that doesnt have a heater was up there somewhere too, hehehe. i was driving wearing a hoodie, a carhartt, a stocking cap and a scarf. it was rediculous.

Dustin

TbTalon94
07-19-2005, 07:15 AM
This is why i have never taken my car to a mechanic. It's just hard to get a trustworthy one. Specially with a fast car. They think they can just go beat the fuck out of it and have no consequences. I remember when i had a grand prix and we took it to the shop for a few things and i got it back and they had put like 500miles on the clock...seriously. 500 miles!!!

03_CF_Blues
07-19-2005, 07:48 AM
Man, when you are done with the legal process make sure you let us know who it was I am sure some of those who dont know would not want to go there. Thats shitty, but man sounds like a pretty easy case.

94TSI
07-19-2005, 01:41 PM
yeah i work at autozone on 16th ave. thanks for the support guys, im hoping its going to be a easy case as well. ill let you all know what shop it was after its all said and done.

biohazard
07-19-2005, 05:06 PM
This is why i have never taken my car to a mechanic. It's just hard to get a trustworthy one. Specially with a fast car. They think they can just go beat the fuck out of it and have no consequences. I remember when i had a grand prix and we took it to the shop for a few things and i got it back and they had put like 500miles on the clock...seriously. 500 miles!!!

not all mechanics are like that. cause i am one and i would never let a car leave like that. and where did ya take it. sounds like that shops full of dumb asses.

Drifte
07-20-2005, 09:42 AM
i guess im a mechanic too, but i drive peoples cars they way i would want any other mechanic to drive mine.

btw, i voted yes because i thought it would be funny. and did you ever get those leather seats died or whatever?

94TSI
07-20-2005, 10:15 PM
nah i havent gotten that done yet, too much money going into other shit

krustindumm
07-20-2005, 10:40 PM
not all mechanics are like that. cause i am one and i would never let a car leave like that. and where did ya take it. sounds like that shops full of dumb asses.

werd

JJ240
07-21-2005, 11:27 AM
I told ya you could probably buy a new harness for the money they were charging to go through it. Shoulda gone that route. I can't believe they did that though. How long did they have the car?

94TSI
07-21-2005, 02:37 PM
about 3 hours

logans dad
07-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Krusty, u talk about my spelling, it only takes 30 seconds. that took u one second to type and its wrong!! HEHE

krustindumm
07-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Other forums I visit have a "word" smilie spelled :werd: but we do not. Hence the spelling.

Rollin on Dubs
07-22-2005, 12:21 AM
This is why i have never taken my car to a mechanic

I remember when i had a grand prix and we took it to the shop for a few things and i got it back and they had put like 500miles on the clock...seriously. 500 miles!!!

I just wanted to point that out! Cuz im an asshole like that!

RandomHero
07-22-2005, 07:18 AM
hehehe i noticed that too. but hes talking about his car when he was 15 or 16 taking that to the shop, the car he wont take to a shop is his talon.

lenny
07-24-2005, 12:36 PM
You guys all need to hit up tri-county in marion. 377-9565. Mark is the owner and his mechanics are top notch. Did a few engine swaps for me. They have done honda swaps (including harnesses, ecus, etc) They did my KLZE (mazda) swap with LSD tranny, lw flywheel, and stage II clutch. They've also put a clutch in both my Audi A4, and my Audi S4. works like a charm every time. I actually am employed there now. Bob, this is dan, i used to work with you at best buy shit hole so you know who i am. one of the mechanics owns a DSM, (his name is chris, has excedy clutch, few other things) so i'm sure he could help you out. To give you an idea of how we operate. When allgo brought in his drag car (vortech'd early 90s MGT) we made him remove the superchager belt and ECU. That's how careful we are. Zookeepers, the shop next door is the same business focusing in drag cars and suspension products, also owned by Mark. Hit us up.
-Dan