PDA

View Full Version : Temp Banner What do you think??

drfast4ward
07-17-2005, 04:36 PM
So what are the oppinion of the temp banner? I think its simmple and subtle and matches color scheme .

melhoneybee
07-17-2005, 11:54 PM
I agree with all those reasons.. I just dont like the animated cars...

NewSpeedSteed
07-18-2005, 12:37 AM
I agree with all those reasons.. I just dont like the animated cars...Yea I agree with you Mel, the cars are a bit odd looking; that animated car look is really over played.
Maybe we could put pictures of our cars, kinda like the ride of the month-
even better make it more genaric and make it the picture of the month (just post 1-2 random pictures where the cars are now) you know sort of like what was on the front page of the old site. Yea that sounds like a good idea to me... maybe it just sounds good to me because it was my idea (but so what!).

03_CF_Blues
07-18-2005, 07:32 AM
I agree with putting pics of our cars on there as well, if you had a gif style banner that rotated, or something like car of the month etc etc would be a kinda neat thing to work on.

Drifte
07-18-2005, 08:19 AM
i did a quick one. when it comes to a forum like this, you cant put cars on it. it would show bias or change opinions on what this site is for. or something. future plans..

animated shifter
a better one
other peoples ideas
a few more colors
bigger
less clutter

03_CF_Blues
07-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Thats why I say a rotating banner or somehting that flips through a few, doesnt show bias if you include all types and styles etc

Drifte
07-18-2005, 09:34 AM
java header isnt a "mature" clean design. its like html coders seeing a site with a marquee on it. its just not good.

have a title that is clean, to the point is best for all people, then having a ride of the month/week at the begining.
im really bad at explaining myself.

i'll try to get in another design...who wants cavaliers to represent cr anyway! hehehe

03_CF_Blues
07-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Did I ever say to use mine? Im just saying we represent a pretty broad range of cars, last time i checked we wernt CR:U Import Racing

There are a f ton of people on the boards and especially since the site is not just dedicated to street racing some people are more into it for the show/apperance.

ZacFields
07-18-2005, 09:53 AM
I just threw this one up this morning. It's not the banner we're going to use I was just too lazy to change it. Somebody made the banner and posted it so I threw it up to see what it would look like.

It's not his final draft of this banner and I think he said he was taking your car (or both cars) off and putting different ones on anyways.

Zac

ZacFields
07-18-2005, 10:03 AM
But by the way, I think having a Cavvy on the banner would be a good thing for the site anyways.

Put a really mean looking mustang and a modded TSI on there and people who don't own fast cars are going to get the feeling they aren't welcome here...and that's not the case at all. It's a website for car enthusiasts....not a website for people with fast cars.

Zac

Malibu
07-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Put atleast one fast non-cavy car in the banner

ZacFields
07-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Well we're going to put like 10 banners up for a public vote. I was just iterating that it's not that bad to have a cavvy on there.

I do prefer to have cars on the banner...just because I think it looks neat. I don't care which 2 cars....I just don't think both cars need to be muscle cars or modded imports. Also, who says there just has to be 2? Couldn't we figure something out where there are 3 or 4 cars kinda faded into the banner?

Zac

ZacFields
07-18-2005, 11:02 AM
like the banner that is up right now, you could easily get 2 more cars in the middle behind the CR:U lettering...you would just have to get pictures of them at the right angle.

Zac

Drifte
07-18-2005, 11:28 AM
cars in the banner is kinda tacky. IMO

ZacFields
07-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Yeah. it's really not up to me though. Like I said, we have a bunch of banners right now so I'm just going to wait until tuesday or wednesday and put them all in a poll and let everyone on the site pick which one they like the best.

I'll probably let the poll run until we get at least 20 votes or until we have a clear distinguished winner.

Zac

Drifte
07-18-2005, 12:05 PM
i didnt read through this very well, but i think a few have misunderstood my post about the cavi's. i dont mean anything bad by it. ive spent a lot of time working with websites, magazines etc designing covers and titles. im just putting in my 2cents.

DustinsDuster
07-18-2005, 03:38 PM
i actually really liked the carbonfiber one Trent made, i think that one looked a lot better than the one thats up there now.

Dustin

melhoneybee
07-18-2005, 10:30 PM
good thinking zac! so you photoshoppers get your best one you want in the running!

03_CF_Blues
07-19-2005, 07:38 AM
ya I liked the cf looking one, minus the 2 sketched vehicles, was simple but got to the point