PDA

View Full Version : CR:U PREMIUM? $10/yr. PLEASE READ POST BEFORE VOTING!

ZacFields
07-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Okay, I don't expect many people to go for this, but I do want to see if there is any sort of interest here. First off, I'll let you guys know that it costs about $120 to host CR:U for a year. To host ZacFields.com (where all of our media files are hosted, is also about $120 (it's 119.40 for all you technical folks)

So as of now I'm paying $240/year for CR:U. I don't have a huge problem with paying for that....in fact I have not used any of the donations/advertising money to pay for it yet. It's all come straight out of pocket and I've saved the donation/advertising money for CR:U events. So I'm looking for ways to possibly make some of that $240/year back so we can have even more money available for CR:U events. (Once again...I have never pocketed any CR:U funds and have actually gone from my own pocket to pay for hosting)

Because of this, I thought of an idea called "CR:U Premium." Well actually KrustinDumm mentioned it first and I did some research on it and came up with these conclusions:

Regular Members get:
-Everything you have right now. Nothing will change. NOTHING. Every forum you have access to will still be there, all multimedia that you currently have access to will still be there.Nothing will change for you.

Premium Members get:
-Access to private forums within CR:U that will be added. I have many ideas for good forums to add but this is something I need to think more about before I share them...just know that there will be secluded forums that you will have access to.
-Special Discounts on CR:U merchandise. Free window stickers, etc.
-Your choice on rank. (Yes regular users would no longer be able to change their rank. You would be able to keep the current rank you have, but you will need to be premium to be able to change it)
-Obviously, instant access to the shit talking forum even if you don't have 50 post.
-*The satisfaction of knowing you're contributing to keeping this site alive!*

Also, your signature (along with your normal signature) will have a link to the sign-up page that says "I'm CR:U Premium...are you?"

There will be many more perks than this as I think of them. This is something that is probably going to take me a looooong time to build so I wouldn't even consider this an option until next spring or even later. I just wanted to see what (if any) interest there is in this. If not, we'll think of something else.

Thanks for your input,
Zac

Drifte
07-14-2005, 09:16 AM
not a bad idea, i'm in.

TbTalon94
07-14-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm down.

lil krumm
07-14-2005, 10:17 AM
y0 count this playa in!!!

NewSpeedSteed
07-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Be Premium member for just $10 a year, I think I could mangage that LOL, this sounds like a good idea but I'm not sure many people will go for it, but like Zac said if he adds enough "perks" they will pay. (if you build it they will come.) :rolleyes:

Oh yea just got one question how would the payment be handled? I don't like paypal and stuff like that but I would be more than happy to give Zac or Ashley the $10; i just like to handle money issues face to face without any middleman. God that sounds werid, when i read it back to myself, oh well.

Thanks.

03_CF_Blues
07-14-2005, 11:40 AM
sounds good to me

ZacFields
07-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks everyone for the support on this issue. I won't release this until I know the premium users are getting their money's worth of perks. But like I said guys, it's going to take me months to get something worthy of charging my members.

Just to clarify for everyone in case they didn't read the post. We are referring to an OPTIONAL program that would allow you to make a yearly $10 donation to CR:U and in return, you would get special perks and forum access. More information will be added as I get deeper into this.

Zac

Drifte
07-14-2005, 02:05 PM
what about a search button, so you can search for threads where your screen name was used. idk if it exists, but i used a program similar to it once, and i would like it on cru.

lil krumm
07-14-2005, 02:17 PM
what about a search button, so you can search for threads where your screen name was used. idk if it exists, but i used a program similar to it once, and i would like it on cru.
http://www.crunderground.com/search.php

ZacFields
07-14-2005, 02:30 PM
yeah but the search function on PHPBB is horrid. Try using that thing to search for something...anything. lol. You can't find shit hardly with that. I'm sure I could find a better search program for the site.

Zac

DustinsDuster
07-14-2005, 02:42 PM
yeah, id definatly be down to pay $10 for that. count me in.

by the way, ive used the search on here quite a few times and havent had that bad of time with it.

Dustin

PrizmRacingUSA
07-14-2005, 10:10 PM
im down fo sho... count me in boss.

lil krumm
07-14-2005, 10:13 PM
how about you call it cr:u platinum ;) then we'd be blingin'

2kSunfire
07-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Not a big deal... but I was the one that mentioned it to you. I even mentioned that price. I'm not gonna freak out, because in the long run I would end up making a fool of myself when Krustin could have mentioned it to you as well. Just seeing if it was a mistake or if two people had the same idea at the same time. And by the way, once I get a job, I'm in as well.

ZacFields
07-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Yeah Krustin mentioned it to me a long time ago with that price...or a permanent membership price of $30. I've been planning and thinking about it for a while...a lot of random people have asked/suggested it to me over the last few weeks for some reason.

Zac

lil krumm
07-14-2005, 10:26 PM
i was gonna, but i figured krustin had. the guy that runs off-topic is a millionair by charginf people to have avatars ans sig. and stuff. but they have 200 times the memebers!!!!!

ZacFields
07-14-2005, 10:56 PM
hehe yeah I just wanna make $240/year to pay for hosting. lol.

Zac

96-eclipse-gst
07-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Id be down for it.

JustinS
07-15-2005, 12:11 AM
id be down for it too.

id rather give zac 10 bucks personally so i can formerly introduce myself. since i couldnt the last time.

ZacFields
07-15-2005, 12:17 AM
yeah the payment would be all personal preference. Paypal would be best but any sort of payment would work just fine.

Zac

melhoneybee
07-15-2005, 12:27 AM
yeah im more so good with in person things.. but im game... hopefully I will have to quit paying outta pocket too on the events!

ZacFields
07-15-2005, 12:32 AM
yeah that is part of the reason for this melly. I at least want the hosting to be paid for, but it would be awful nice to make a little extra for events and such.

Zac

96-eclipse-gst
07-15-2005, 12:50 AM
almost 700 users * $1 = a whopping $700. BTW i did that on my calculator....

ZacFields
07-15-2005, 09:05 AM
haha. well I am only expecting about 10-15 people to go for this. But I will add so much stuff that hopefully it will grow from there. We'll have to see though.

I really want to build this over the winter and then hopefully we'll be sitting on 900+ users by the time I get this goin.

Zac

Drifte
07-15-2005, 09:11 AM
i think everyones in on this cuz were sick of your off road cavi LOL, jk. lower that thing..for real.

ZacFields
07-15-2005, 09:21 AM
look at my sig it is lowered :)

Zac

Drifte
07-15-2005, 09:29 AM
look at my version of your sig...its lowered:)

JJ240
07-15-2005, 10:36 AM
look at my sig it is lowered :)

Zac

I noticed that. Anyway screw perks as much time as some people spend on here they should be more than happy to pay $10 with nothing more to gain than what they already have. As soon as you set something up I will pay it.

Stutz
07-15-2005, 07:20 PM
i would be down for it