PDA

View Full Version : need your opinions on this

03_CF_Blues
07-12-2005, 02:27 PM
Ok, so here is one of mycomming future mods.. projectors, either way is going to be custom made. And I dont have ALL info on both of them yet, but what do you think would be best

A - would only be a single 3.5 inch projector, with the housing painted black similar to this:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/BlackoutNJ/Projectors/S4024895.jpg

B - I believe would be run dual projectors as similar, I am not sure how my turn signal bulbs would be incorperated into this. Black housing as well.

http://www.whiteboy.ca/images/products/headlight.jpg

I believe both will use H4 bulbs, and for the projectors itself... does anyone know if there are projectors you SHOULDNT use HIDs with. That will come shortly after the projectors,

A - may only be able to use the front part/lens of the projector, depending on how much clearance I get when installed.

B - believe it uses the whole projector rear as well.

I am semi torn, personally I think i like b-s exterior a little better myself, but cant quite picture it how it would flow with the turn signals in there.

ZacFields
07-12-2005, 02:33 PM
I've gotta vote "A" jeff.

You'll have to let me see what it looks like whichever set you choose because that is the last aesthetical thing I would like to do to my car and I never could pick one because there are so few car pictures to use as examples so I don't know which one would look the best.

The lens in A just looks like it would flow better with your car. Not that B is a bad choice either, I do like the looks of that one too. I just think that the black would clash against your blue.

BUT....the lens in B looks like it could be easily painted to match your car. If you got B I would personally do that. You can pick up what you need from paintscratch.com in aerosol form and it works just great. It's what I use when I paint my fiberglass bumper after I'm through repairing cracks.

Either way it should look good though.

Zac

Deathinnovember
07-12-2005, 02:36 PM
I would defintely do option A jeff. It would go great with all of your carbon fiber work. I don't like b to much. They look pretty ricey.

03_CF_Blues
07-12-2005, 02:40 PM
lol 2 boards... 2 split opinions.

B reminds me of focus projectors, and I kinda like that design, altho I would be the first with them... and it would be kinda a trial thing so whatever they make I am gonna get, so the turn signal lights scare me.

Altho I like the no lens look, i feel with as much driving as I do... that the cleaning aspect will be easier with the lens. And I know I can do HIDs with the a setup, thats why im torn.

I just really want projectors/HIDs think it will add a ton to the car especially at night, i think it makes it look much more aggressive.

Right now I have some of the bezel inside painted close to match, and dont htink it suits the car very well, i would go with black, hell if I go with b, I pretty much guarentee I would tear them apart and send it in.... to have it carbon fibered by someone else I know.... mmmmm

Now I am leaning towards A more!

lil krumm
07-12-2005, 02:54 PM
A for sure, b looks tachy to me. but choice A is on a sunfire?

03_CF_Blues
07-12-2005, 03:46 PM
ya its on a fire, but would be the same basic principle. the projector in stock housing painted black kinda like that.

since I have 9007 bulbs already... dual projectors seem difficult for me.

Oh ya A i cna either use H4s or my 9007s, but if I use the 9007s... I cant use the rear housing on the projector.. so i would probably go with H4

Stutz
07-12-2005, 04:29 PM
A looks alot better

DustinsDuster
07-12-2005, 04:34 PM
yeah, im thinkin A looks a lot better too. plus, less bulbs for you to mess around with and have to change. double score!

Dustin

melhoneybee
07-12-2005, 08:06 PM
I also choosed A...

Ashley
07-12-2005, 10:35 PM
haha, you choosed A, huh? =P

96-eclipse-gst
07-12-2005, 10:46 PM
I think A is better. They look like they would "flow" with your car better.

Drifte
07-12-2005, 10:56 PM
what if you did a sufire front end conversion?

ZacFields
07-12-2005, 10:57 PM
I don't know how easy that is on the new cavaliers to do a sunfire-front end conversion. It would be a fun project....but IMO the sunfire front ends don't look as good. I'd rather have a kitted cavalier front than the sunfire front.

Zac

melhoneybee
07-13-2005, 12:49 AM
haha, you choosed A, huh? =P

yep dont you love it! ha

03_CF_Blues
07-13-2005, 07:20 AM
I have really thought about a sunfire front end, there is a front bumper i really really like, problem is it sits very very low, and i worry enough as is right now with mine.

I dont know if the bumper is made for 03s. The swap shouldnt be bad but I kinda like the cavy front end, its grown on me, and thats why I want these projectors to fix the lights that make my car look a tad slow.

Altho I seem to get alot of comments at shows people are like man from far away that looked like a supra... heck if I know but I have probably been told that atleast at half my shows this summer.

Looks like A is the choice, HIDs will probably come at the same time

LaNcEr_eSx19
07-14-2005, 08:59 AM
i picked A, hope everything turns out good for yo car.