PDA

View Full Version : Drifting

Talon92Fox
06-14-2005, 04:49 PM
I was thinking about the plan we had during the winter to go drifting on the ice and snow, that never happened, so is anybody up for drifting on dry pavement? I don't know which is better, in a parking lot or on a road, parking lots are safer, but roads are more exciting, especially when racing somebody else. I know of a perfect road by the bored of Marion and Cedar Rapids, perfect drifting corners.

MrGuru
06-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Well, we would need RWD cars to "drift" on pavement. FWD can pull off a slide-drift thing on gravel very well (see: Highschool days of random gravel road driving) and it's quite fun, but unless it's raining or something, RWD is where it's at.

It would be fun regardless, though.

DustinsDuster
06-14-2005, 06:12 PM
drifting usually involves accelerating or at least maintaining speed i always thought.

good luck pulling that off in a FWD car.

Dustin

krustindumm
06-14-2005, 06:12 PM
yay for tire destruction

We could get together a group of owners of RWD cars that are *corner oriented*.

Wait, already do.

Stutz
06-14-2005, 06:13 PM
in the "new" drifting competition things do they actually race like the first one across the finish line wins or is it just about style?

MrGuru
06-14-2005, 06:14 PM
drifting usually involves accelerating or at least maintaining speed i always thought.

Dustin

Isn't that what I said? Sorta? :)

Puller
06-14-2005, 07:07 PM
I can already see an accident happening...

DragonUSMC
06-14-2005, 08:20 PM
yay! i mean why else would i buy a 240?

JustinS
06-14-2005, 09:19 PM
in the "new" drifting competition things do they actually race like the first one across the finish line wins or is it just about style?

your avatar is f-ing awesome!!! lol

lil krumm
06-14-2005, 09:37 PM

your avatar is f-ing awesome!!! lolyea is that you tricky? i know you ran track

DustinsDuster
06-14-2005, 10:20 PM

Dustin

Isn't that what I said? Sorta? :)

yeah, but you didnt mention anything about keeping speed, so i had to speak up about something.

Dustin

Stutz
06-15-2005, 01:05 AM
[quote=tricky]in the "new" drifting competition things do they actually race like the first one across the finish line wins or is it just about style?

your avatar is f-ing awesome!!! lolyea is that you tricky? i know you ran track[/quote:3f536]

no i dont look like that at all