PDA

View Full Version : Scam??

Talon92Fox
03-21-2005, 11:53 AM
I got this e-mail from a guy that is supposedly gonna buy my car. It was classified as junk mail in my Hotmail and this e-mail that he sent to me sounds kinda weird. Do you think it's a scam?

Hello
thanks for the mail. i will like you to know that am ok withthe price of $3000 and as i have said earlier that the payment is going to be inform of cheque from US bank and the total amount onthe cheque will be $ 6,500 which you will deduct your s and send there rmaining funds to my shipping company who will handle the pick-up to my location so if that is ok by you i will like you to email me with this information as follows
YOUR FULL NAME........
ADDRESS........
STATE..........
ZIPCODE....
PHONE NUMBER.......
so i will be expecting your mail with this information
THNAKS............

lil krumm
03-21-2005, 11:59 AM
my god, if you can't tell you should get scammed :finga:

Regeneration X
03-21-2005, 12:35 PM
maybe he has never gotten a scam...take it easy on him murk.

yea, its def. a scam. send the gyu a fake addy and number. And make it a non legit address. Somethin with like 10 digits and a street that you cant pronounce.

Talon92Fox
03-21-2005, 12:39 PM
I told him that I would hang onto the check for about 2 weeks to make sure it clears, he said okay. Then I was talking to James and he told me to tell him to fuck off so I did. :)

DustinsDuster
03-21-2005, 01:32 PM
tell him youre going to hold on to it for a year, and then if it clears, you'll send him the wheels off the car.

Dustin

JJ240
03-21-2005, 03:58 PM
If you ever see something fishy like that just dig deeper into it. If the person is legit theres no reason they wouldn't be happy to answer questions about why they want to do things a certain way.

Fire Hawk
03-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Basically what happens. They write you a check for more then what the car is worth to make you feel good about selling it. Take some of the excess money from what they gave you to ship the car to bumfuckegypt. Lets say he gave you a check for $3,500. $3,000 of that's in your bank account, and the $500 you used to ship the car is spent. Well when the check is shown as a fraud and they take the money out of your account and your short the $500 cause you used that to ship the car your now in debt to the bank for $500 and out a car.

I've read about this too many times on other forums.