PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on this turbo??

Talon92Fox
03-03-2005, 06:41 PM
I was talkin to this guy from dsmtrader.com today and I found out that he's parting out his 1g TSi, and I'm lookin for a full 14b turbo setup, here's the price list that he gave me. Think I should get it?

Turbo, o2 housing, turbo manifold - $175
Side mount intercooler - $30
Stock turbo intercooler piping w/ stock BOV - $30
Turbo guage cluster - $40
FWD turbo downpipe - $30
Turbo ECU - $100
Knock sensor - FREE
Turbo MAF w/ intake pipe - $50
Injectors & resistor pack - $50
Oil pan & return line - $40
Fuel pressure regulator - FREE
Stock boost solenoid - FREE
Turbo cams - $35

He took my offer for $550 plus shipping. Sound like a good deal or a rip off?

Stg4raddo
03-03-2005, 07:14 PM
not a bad price for the basics if every thing is working good but why not upgrade intercoolers, charge pipes, bov, fpr from the begging

also rember u NEED PISTONS and RODS and a clutch along with other things to watch ur motor

im sure tbtalon will chime in

RandomHero
03-03-2005, 10:16 PM
that is cheap but what condition is the turbo in? thats really cheap for a 14b+mani and housing. ask him if there shaft play or bad seals or bent fins.

Tylers right you do need a new clutch, maybe a new tranny (Trevor is using a NT tranny for some reason??) definetely new pistons and rods, i know someone who is selling pistons and rods, talk to drifte or krustindumm

TbTalon94
03-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Ok i made a damn Sticky about this for a reason. You need to make sure those parts are up to par or you will just be buying another one of each soon. If he is giving you the knock sensor i gurantee it doesnt work to its full potential. 150 for the turbo/manifold/02 housing is way cheap. Usually people sell 14b's for like 100 or above if they are in decent condition. This guy is either really hurting for money, really retarded, or is going to rip you a new one. I told you i would sell you plenty of my stuff....and you KNOW all mine works great. You HAVE to have a stronger clutch no doubt about it. The N/T tranny works fine as long as you can drive. You stock clutch won't hold boost above 3psi....and good luck keeping it that low since the wastegate/boost control silenoid puts boost in the 8-12 range. You have much to learn and i think you should wait a while before you attempt this or even start buying parts. Take my advice and start reading ALL you can about ANYTHING dealing with turbo's. Believe it or not you learn things when you read.

Oh by the way. If you run with your stock pistons you need to keep the boost to 8-10 psi and you better have a perfect Knock sensor and a lot of tuning tools. If you dont then kiss your motor (or pistons atleast) good buy. If you DO swap your pistons take a look at the center ring land....its fucking tiny.

96-eclipse-gst
03-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Listen to Trevor, he knows what he's talking about. Matt he's running the non-turbo cuz it will. If it goes out then he might swap it out for a turbo setup. I believe thats his thinking, or maybe im retarded.