PDA

View Full Version : Civic vs. Viper- 3.04MB

ZacFields
03-02-2005, 06:40 PM
LINK TO FILE: http://www.zacfields.com/movies/cru/out ... 20race.mpg (http://www.zacfields.com/movies/cru/outside/car%20races%20-%20street%20racing%20-%20honda%20civic%20beating%20a%20dodge%20viper%20i n%20a%20street%20race.mpg)

Size: 3.04MB

Description: A Civic Hatchback racing a Viper on the street. A lot of "pshshhhhhht" noises going on here.

What do you guys think of this video?

4Banger
03-03-2005, 01:21 PM
I think the viper was bouncing off his rev limiter, or couldn't hook up, or something. A good driver would have taken the hatch down, but I 'm always glad to see an import take down a domestic ;)

DustinsDuster
03-03-2005, 02:22 PM
people who are that bad at driving shouldnt be able to own Vipers....

Dustin

DJ0820
03-05-2005, 10:33 PM
there are civics out there that can take out vipers...

ZacFields
03-06-2005, 08:12 AM
That was just a regular viper too. I don't know if the driver of the viper sucked or what.....but that civic was damn fast.

Zac

Regeneration X
03-06-2005, 08:23 AM
cheesefrog DJ, cheese frog. that car was insane

NoszerO
10-27-2005, 03:46 AM
Holy Turbo-Nitros Batman the Blue Collar dude just won, yeah the Viper hit the wall [rev limiter] twice, just goes to show ya money doesn't buy skills.

10-29-2005, 12:49 AM
plus who cares if the viper was slower neway. it still sounds and looks much better than ne honda

luder
10-31-2005, 03:05 AM
lol your sig and that reply made me appreciate your comment just that much more :)

lenny
11-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Cheesefrog doesn't own that supercharged Honda anymore. He sports an 01 S4 now
-dan

Old news....

11-03-2005, 01:30 AM
u talkin about that lynch guy with the red s4?

krustindumm
11-03-2005, 07:05 AM
vid link is down, but i'm pretty sure that was the Cheesefrog (his s/n on honda-tech) video.

It's probably 4-5 years old, but IIRC he's making over 400whp on pump gas, he rons stock exhaust with a 3" cutout right after the turbo. Overall his setup is good for mid 10 second ET's. Stock vipers are in the 12's.

-Dustin

lenny
11-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Cheesefrog's old car was last setup to run on a vortech supercharger....I'm lensch, the guy that owns the red S4
-Dan

11-03-2005, 11:26 PM
haha cool. i remember askin u if u wanted to race my truck, and then u just walked away when i said 99 silverado stock. i was just fuckin with u, someday ill have a fast car.... or maybe just 1 sweet ass riding mower, cuz i have no money

dustin_crxsi
02-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Yea its not every day you see a viper even willing to race a civic...It goes to show, for as much money it costs for a viper...you can get a civic, and throw a ton of money in the engine...and beat one of the fastest domestic cars....and still have enough money to pay for insurance for 6 months...the vipers insurance for 6 months..gas for a year, and new front tires every other month

Honda Power :heart:

Aephid
02-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Yea its not every day you see a viper even willing to race a civic...It goes to show, for as much money it costs for a viper...you can get a civic, and throw a ton of money in the engine...and beat one of the fastest domestic cars....and still have enough money to pay for insurance for 6 months...the vipers insurance for 6 months..gas for a year, and new front tires every other month

Honda Power :heart:not to change the subject..but you can take a stock 87-93 mustang and drop maybe a couple grand on goodies, race the honda you just pretended to build for pink slips, win the race and sell the honda to pay for the whole shebang.

mustang power

i know i know....my imaginary mustang blew a head gasket in it's race against the honda so i guess I'll have to include that in the cost....

p.s. I just typed this to stir it up a little...

ZacFields
02-03-2006, 11:55 AM
I think it was derek or krustin that I heard this from first:

Cheap-Fast-Reliable You can pick no more than two.

That's the basis of it though. You can have a cheap, reliable car but it won't be fast. (Perhaps a un-modded civic)

You can have a Cheap and fast car, but it's reliability is going to suck. (Perhaps a modded civic)

Or you can have a fast and reliable car, but it won't be cheap. And as I hear it, vipers are pretty reliable, and of course they are fast.

It all depends on how you look at it. I personally would rather drop 60-80K on a fast sports car just because that is my style. I hate spending money to fix something.

Some people love fixing cars, and they can build 12 second honda's in 2 weeks and be fine about spending money to rebuild their engine every year if need-be.

Depends on what your thing is. eh?

Zac