PDA

View Full Version : Are You Religious?

April
01-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Just a question. Kinda of curious. It dosen't seem like anyone/many people are.

DJ0820
01-27-2005, 06:24 PM
church of the brown bottle right here

ZacFields
01-27-2005, 06:50 PM
can't say that I really am. Can't say that I'm not.

Zac

Regeneration X
01-27-2005, 06:55 PM
I am. Pretty deep into it, but not psycho. I dont go to church to often, but I respect God very much.

babygrlkw04
01-27-2005, 08:50 PM
i think i am...... though i should going to church more then once a year, like i have been the past few years. i pray every day about something. i have a lot of faith and respect towards God.

ZZ4_Camaro
01-27-2005, 09:07 PM
I woship toilet gods :vom: :vom: :vom:

Deathinnovember
01-27-2005, 09:26 PM
I don't really care if I offend anyone here. But I'm highly against religion of any type. But I respect that people are into it. You gotta find hope somewhere right?

Ashley
01-27-2005, 09:42 PM
i used to be religious when i was little.. well.. i guess i wasn't. i had to go to church with my parents and grandparents and i even got baptised. but then i stopped going, and it hasn't bothered me at all, so i dont think i was ever really into it to start with. i believe a lot of stuff, but it doesn't really fall into any certain religion.. i'd say i have faith, but i'm not religious.

melhoneybee
01-27-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm a religious person.. but like others i don't attened church all that much..

DJ0820
01-27-2005, 11:50 PM
I don't really care if I offend anyone here. But I'm highly against religion of any type. But I respect that people are into it. You gotta find hope somewhere right?

wow, we agree on something, i never thought this day would come.

Deathinnovember
01-28-2005, 12:46 AM
Derek...I'm speechless and this feels weird. Kinda like when you take a crap and forget to whipe your ass. Lets ... go back to fighting OK?

93mazdarx7
01-28-2005, 08:41 AM
I used to be a fairly religious person growing up. I went to a Catholic grade school and high school. But life events have changed my views on religion.

I graduated college in the Spring of 1998 and moved home to live with my parents while I searched for a job. My mom had been sick recently, a few weeks after I moved home she was diagnosed with untreatable liver cancer at the age of 54.

My mother was a very religious person who went to mass weekly, donated large amount sof money to the church and was actively involved in the catholic community in Dubuque. She lived by the book of being a catholic person.

My family began to hold rosary services at our house and special masses to pray for my mom to get well, all of which I attended. She firmly believed God would make her better and make the cancer to into remission if we prayed enough for her. I believed it would work and that my mother would be spared. After all, why would God take my mother at such a young age?

Months passed by and the cancer treatement was doing nothing, and her health was going down hill very fast. Hospice moved in, yet my entire family, myself included, prayed hoping that God would have mercy and spare my mother.

July 1999 my mother died peacefully at home while holding my hand. I watched her breathe her last breath on this earth.

It was that very moment in my life that I swore off all religion as complete and utter bullshit. I will never, ever again believe in a higher power who takes mercy on us and watches over us. I only attend chuch for funerals and weddings out of respect for others. When I got married 3 years ago, it was a non-denominational wedding held in a public building. My family never once questioned my choice on not getting married in the Church. They knew my reasons.

In my opinion, the bible is just the fictional writings of some person from long ago and simply has no basis. It would be like 2000 years from now someone finding some pages from the Lord of the Rings book and worshipping it. It has no basis, no physical proof.

We are in charge of our own lives. Don't let anyone tell you any different. Live for the moments you have.

April
01-28-2005, 09:18 AM
well i haven't been to church in a long time, esp since i started going to college. I'm Presbyterian and the church is way to far for me to drive to (cause im lazy). But I di believe in god, and i read the bible....i'm not like a jesus freak who is all uptight and can't have fun. but i feel better knowing that u believe there is a higher power and we are all working for something, if you believe that is. makes me know that life isnt pointless.

Deathinnovember
01-28-2005, 09:26 AM
I'm really sorry to hear about your mother brian. But we have some of the same reasoning on religion. I completely agree with you. Religion is just a crutch for the weak that need hope and false logic. I strongly don't believe in any higher power. but if you do think about where everything came from it is kind of mind boggling.

Fire Hawk
01-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Don't know if anyone ever has heard George Carlin on HBO before with his specials... but he puts it out on the table pretty much how it is I think.

Want to hear a good bullshit story?? "Holy Shit"
If there is a god then he'd have a devine plan already laid out and no matter how much praying you do... if it's not in his plan then it's not going to happen.
I'm not certain on how the story goes but if god rested on the 7th day... Sunday... then why in the hell do people pray to him on his day off?

I suggest finding either the audio or the live version and watching it if you'd like a different incite to some good views.

ICGerms
01-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Spritual?...Yes
Believe in G_D?...Yes
Religious?...No. Organized religion is a farce and inundated with corruption and (generally) meaningless rituals.

melhoneybee
01-28-2005, 01:34 PM
You know... who are we to say that there is more then one higher power? I almost htink that all the higher powers are the same guy just looked at differently... God .. budda... they are all one in the same!

Ashley
01-28-2005, 01:41 PM
not to focus on the wrong aspect of the story, but buddha isn't godlike at all. he's simply the creator of buddhism.. they dont worship him or anything, he was just enlightened, and preached dharma to help others become enlightened and reach nirvana.

haha, sorry. i get what you're trying to say.. buddha just wasn't a very good example. lol. and the only reason i know this is because i was looking into buddhism for awhile.

melhoneybee
01-28-2005, 01:44 PM
well.. i dontk now the religion.. sorry.. hehe.. it was just an example.. like you said... you get my point..

Ashley
01-28-2005, 01:46 PM
lol yeah. i probably wouldn't have caught that if i hadn't learned so much about it awhile ago. but i get your point. =)

Rabbit
01-28-2005, 02:39 PM
definitely not religious by any meaning of the word... my mom is a somewhat religious person, and my lack of religion kinda bothers her, but like i tell her i'm old enough to form my own beliefs (or lack there-of).

Stro
01-28-2005, 09:32 PM
Wait a second........... when did we start talking about rock bands like nirvana?

Black Vr6
01-28-2005, 09:32 PM
I go to Planet X to pay respects to the laser gods!

April
02-09-2005, 06:48 PM
okay well all you people who said you were religious....are you giving anything up for lent? I've deicded to give up pop. 40 days without pop? yeah i already want one and its only been a few days....arg, lol

babygrlkw04
02-09-2005, 10:12 PM
i gave up pop last year..... i actually made it too, wasn't very easy but made it. i think this year i am going to give up buying baby clothes..... i'm not going to buy baby clothes for 40 days, ever since i have found out what i am having i bought so many little outfits.... i need to stop before i go totally broke!

Ricky
02-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Im giving up being a women!!!

April
02-09-2005, 11:10 PM
Im giving up being a women!!!

i am so proud of you and i hope it works out, lol