PDA

View Full Version : Event....

melhoneybee
12-02-2004, 09:30 AM
So I was looking through the Event's idea section... and there was one on skiing and snowboarding.... would you guys serisouly want to go up to sundown....maybe a sat or dun in jan (maybe we'll have real snow then and not that fake icey shit). I was just wondering what the turn out would be.. I could possibly call up to see about group rates.... but need to know how serious you all are about it.

VOTE to be heard...

Any other ideas on this sorta subject?

ZacFields
12-02-2004, 09:49 AM
I think it's an awesome idea. Ask then about a group rate...but the thing is if someone has to pay all the money upfront, that probably wouldn't work out...but even the normal rates aren't that bad.

I say either set it up for the very beginning of january while most colleges are still on break (and on a weekend for the high schoolers) or just on a weekend in january or february.

Zac

DustinsDuster
12-02-2004, 02:02 PM
it'd be fun, but i think actually organizing it, and getting people not to back out would be a bit of a challenge.

Dustin

Cavigurl04
12-02-2004, 02:15 PM
I think it would be a great idea to go snowboarding!

PrizmRacingUSA
12-02-2004, 03:55 PM
im down with this.. its something like 30 bucks single but if you have more than 15 people i think it drops to like 24 bucks.. dunno i know that snowboarding is more exensive..

ZacFields
12-02-2004, 06:21 PM
when did snowboarding become more expensive? Last time I went you just paid for a lift ticket. hmm.

Zac

NitrousJunkie
12-02-2004, 06:44 PM
We should all take a bus down to Denver CO. - The Rockies Are Unbelieveable, there isnt another word to explain it, even for someone new to snowboarding......Ok I know the idea is a little far fetched but it would be something everyone would never forget.

Chris

Ashley
12-02-2004, 08:27 PM
i'm going to sundown for school in a few weeks.. it's $40 for snowboarding, $24 for skiing, or $20 for a lift ticket if you have your own equipment.

i dont know if it would be the same if CR:U went.. i dont know if my school got a group rate or not.

Deathinnovember
12-02-2004, 10:31 PM
It would be a great idea espcially to chill out and what not but there is one BIG problem.

fat people+Snow=DISASTER

So I wouldn't be snowboarding or skiing :(

DustinsDuster
12-03-2004, 06:59 AM
they say cross country skiing is one of the best exercises. maybe you could get into that. im still a bit skeptical of if we could actually organize this, and actually keep people from bitching out at the last moment.

Dustin

melhoneybee
12-03-2004, 07:20 AM
its in the planning stages right now hun.... I was just seeing if the interest was there... and leave the planning up to me.... have I dailed you guys yet on an event?

Ashley
12-03-2004, 08:24 AM
i guess that's why mel is in charge of organizing, she doesn't get skeptical in the early stages of planning.

mel.. i think it sounds rockin, even if lots of people bail out and just a few people go.. it would still be fun.

babygrlkw04
12-03-2004, 01:23 PM
it sounds funn but i will not be attending this event if its a go. i'm not suppose to do a lot of activity that i could fall and get hurt. its going to suck not going but i hope you all have fun!

ZacFields
12-03-2004, 09:54 PM
My group of friends from high school are all on this site, and we used to go snowboarding at sundown. I know for a fact there are at least 4 people on this website that would be willing to lose their job over a snowboarding trip.

Count me and Ashley in, most likely Eric (blackvr6) colton (drifte), possibly Tyler if he can come into town (stg4raddo), and I can definitely produce at least one or two more people not from the site.

There ya go mel....this will be cake.

Zac

melhoneybee
12-04-2004, 08:21 AM
haha.... ok.... I'll call up when i get time.... and I think im going to shoot for a weekend later in Jan earlier feb.

melhoneybee
12-06-2004, 03:11 PM
OK.... called Sundown.... there group rate really isn't much better then the regular rate.

Regualar
for Saturdays-Sundays- and holidays
30 Lift ticket
24 Skies
31 Snow board

Group rate *15 people with 100 deposit
Saturdays-Sundays-Holidays
50 For rental and classes
30 Lift ticket

But I'm assume most people who want to go have an idea on how to do one or the other... so I dont think the group rate will really help.

Ashley
12-06-2004, 04:19 PM
and the $100 deposit blows. plus.. i'm not sure if we'd have 15 people lol. AND.. i also dont want to sit through a class, personally. i hate their classes.

melhoneybee
12-06-2004, 06:51 PM
allright so no group rate...LOL.

all we need is a date... I would saya saturday towards the end of january....and verdicts?

DustinsDuster
12-06-2004, 07:01 PM
we'll see about that. i might try to go sometime during the week if my friends are working, see if maybe i could get a deal on some stuff. we'll see about going in a group. i would like to have at least a little expirience on a snowboard before i go with you guys though.

Dustin

Ashley
12-06-2004, 07:12 PM
hey, i'm going snowboarding here in a week or two for the first time. and i'm the klutziest person EVER, so if i can do it.. anyone here can do it. lol. trust me. we'll see what happens though, hopefully nothing too serious. =)

DustinsDuster
12-06-2004, 08:59 PM
dont worry about falling down. theres nothing wrong with falling until you refuse to get back on.

Dustin

Ashley
12-06-2004, 09:24 PM
oh i'm not worried about falling down. i fall down all the time just walking. lol. i'm moreso worried about.. falling and twisting my legs at some akward angle and then hitting a tree. or something along those lines. someone always winds up breaking a leg or something on our school trips, so i'm hoping it wont be me this time.

DustinsDuster
12-07-2004, 06:42 AM
fear can be a great motivator, use it to your advantage. usually when youre afraid of doing something, you'll be extra careful with what youre trying and not get sloppy.

Dustin

melhoneybee
12-07-2004, 07:44 AM
no board for me just skiies..... is anyone else going to ski.....cause if not I might not have any fun going cause all you will be at the snowboard thing.

Ashley
12-07-2004, 08:21 AM
lol mel i think you might be outta luck. just strap on a board like everyone else.. i know i'll board if we go (assuming i dont die next week with school), zac will probably board because he has his own, dustin said he'll board if he does.. i dont know about other people because i'm too lazy to go back and look. but you should just board with everyone else, so you have fun.

melhoneybee
12-07-2004, 12:29 PM
haha....NO....i think I might be skipping out on this event then....haha... I have no need, desire, or want to learn how to snow board..... i'll still get the planning done for you guys..

Ashley
12-07-2004, 12:34 PM
why? whats the big deal about snowboarding?

melhoneybee
12-07-2004, 12:37 PM
its not anything personal.... like i said i just really have no desire to want to learn..

Ashley
12-07-2004, 12:38 PM
well.. you suck. snowboarding is for cool people. lol.