PDA

View Full Version : What's the coolest upgrade that I've installed so far?

ZacFields
10-13-2004, 10:25 AM
I was just curious what you guys like the most out of everything I've done so far. Here's a description of what I've done thus far:

Karma Points: Good karma, bad karma...pretty self explanatory.

New Smilies (me and bryan): First I replaced all the old basic smileys with the smileys we have now, and yesterday Bryan installed about 11 more cool ones.

Change topic color: Admins and mods can change the colors of the topics to make the important ones stand out.

Smileys in topics: Nobody hardly uses this, but you can add smileys to the topic titles now.

Forum Statistics: My personal favorite. A list of almost every statistic you ever wondered about concerning CR:U.

CR:U Community Forums: Just added yesterday. These are the most extreme of our off-topic forums and I put them on a different page.

Quick-Reply!: That little box at the bottom of all topics where you can just type in your message and reply. Saves people from having to press the reply button and waiting for the page to load.

Green "New Post" buttons: THis was the first thing I did when I got the site. Does anyone remember when there was a new post there used to be 3 little tiny dots that were illuminated on the button. Well I just went into photoshop and made the whole button green. Nothing screams "NEW POST" like that. lol

I was just curious as to what everyone thinks about those things.

93mazdarx7
10-13-2004, 10:30 AM
I think the quick reply has been by far the most useful, but I am biased towards those new smilies :bigthumb:

DJ0820
10-13-2004, 10:46 AM
the green new post buttons all the way.....but i am typing this in the quick reply window...hmmm

KooK
10-13-2004, 12:26 PM
yeaahhh, I'm goina have to go with the search button. Its so cool we should have a get together just to learn how to use it!! :)

DustinsDuster
10-13-2004, 12:30 PM
i would say its a mix between the green hilight on new topics and quick reply as well. although the quick reply does make things easier for post whores(looks around the room).

Dustin

Ashley
10-13-2004, 12:34 PM
sorry. i post whore. but only because i get bored and have nothing better to do. lol.

but i think the green buttons are nice.. even though they break on my computer for some reason. it only works the first two or three times i refresh the page, then it's done. =/

ZacFields
10-13-2004, 12:34 PM
yeaahhh, I'm goina have to go with the search button. Its so cool we should have a get together just to learn how to use it!! :)

How come nothing you say ever makes sense to me? IDK....I can read through your post 20 times and still not get the point. Who said anything about a search button? And how in the world would that pertain to anything we're talking about?

Zac

Ashley
10-13-2004, 12:37 PM
i was thinking the same thing but i didn't wanna be the mean one to come out and say it. lol. and besides that.. who doesn't know how to use the search button? i'm sure everyone can figure it out, so why would we need a get together? oh man.

DustinsDuster
10-13-2004, 12:42 PM
i was going to say, ive used the search button a few times to find old posts where i dont remember what thread they were in. it helps out when using old posts in making points.

Dustin

Ashley
10-13-2004, 12:47 PM
indeed.. but.. zac didn't install that and it wasn't even on the list. so. who knows where kook came up with that one. lol.

Deathinnovember
10-13-2004, 03:13 PM
I think the green new posts thingie is the best so far. It really helps me to see where the new posts are instead of siffing through lots of old posts To find something new said.

melhoneybee
10-13-2004, 07:02 PM
I think the green light and the quick post....I don't think I have used the regular posting way for along time!

Deathinnovember
10-13-2004, 09:02 PM
Whast the quick post? It's prob something real simple I'm just not thinking of it.

ZacFields
10-13-2004, 09:03 PM
It's the little box at the bottom of the screen that makes it so you don't have to actually press the "post reply" button to reply to something.

Deathinnovember
10-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Omg thats awesome I've never used this haha.

melhoneybee
10-13-2004, 10:57 PM
Its the small thigns in life that make us all happy! lol