PDA

View Full Version : Do you use the Quick Reply upgrade?

ZacFields
09-07-2004, 09:51 AM
I was just wondering if anyone uses it. It's at the very bottom of the page on every post. All you have to do is type in your message there and it saves you from having to press the "reply" button and wait for the reply page to load.

You can't use smileys with the quick reply function (unless you know the codes for all the smileys) But I think that was the best idea I ever had for the forums. Soooo much easier.

DJ0820
09-07-2004, 10:32 AM
im so used to clicking the post reply button, but this post i used the quick reply button

ZacFields
09-07-2004, 10:42 AM
Yah it's a hard habit to break. I sometimes press the reply button....but the quick reply is just 10X easier once you get out of the habit of pressing the reply button.

DustinsDuster
09-07-2004, 11:13 AM
ive used it a few times, but when i have to quote something someone else said, i just hit reply. it helps out, yeah, but i think its gonna make the amount of 5 word responses go up exponentially.

Dustin

April
09-07-2004, 12:47 PM
i use it all the freaking time...infact...i'm using now

melhoneybee
09-07-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm kinda like DJ.....I use it when I remember its here....but alot fo the time I hit the Post Reply outta habit....but it worksreally well when I reamember to use it!

ZacFields
09-07-2004, 01:28 PM
IDK...all I know is that quick-reply rocks! hhaah. I don't foresee too much problem with more small 5 work responses, but I'm also working on an upgrade for that.

Basically this upgrade won't let you post unless you put in X amount of characters. It's a pretty easy upgrade to install, so if we start having problems with that kinda thing, I'll definitely employ it.

April
09-07-2004, 02:03 PM
so basically....it won't let you post anything under say.....5-10 words???

ZacFields
09-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Yeah basically. However many words I choose.

So, your post:
"so basically....it won't let you post anything under say.....5-10 words???"
Would be perfectly fine.

Unnacceptable would be:
"That would be cool"

April
09-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Yeah basically. However many words I choose.

So, your post:
"so basically....it won't let you post anything under say.....5-10 words???"
Would be perfectly fine.

Unnacceptable would be:
"That would be cool"OMG! That would be such an awesome idea. It would totally cut down on post whoring cause latley there has been a person who just says "yeah, thats cool" and thats about it and now they have a high post count....crappy.

melhoneybee
09-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Yeah thats cool ..

HAHA....sorry the door was open someone had to say it April!

lil krumm
09-07-2004, 09:02 PM
where did it go?

it hasnt been on here i've been in like 6 topics and it wasnt there.

melhoneybee
09-08-2004, 12:50 AM
I think it got lost when we had the lil mishap with the forums being down....cause the chat box is gone too....I have faith....zac will have it up and running when he has the time!

April
09-08-2004, 08:48 AM
yeah i was freakin out when i went to use it and it wasnt there! I was like "nooooooooooooooooooooooo"