PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so you guys like the chat? Hmm..I HAVE AN IDEA!

ZacFields
08-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Okay, theres a program for our forums called "ShoutBox".

Basically a shoutbox is this little white box that sits at the bottom of the index page that functions as a chatroom. You can log on to it, enter a message, and submit it and it automatically pops up on the screen and everyone can see it.

The cool thing about a shoutbox is that it archives all the messages....this way when you first come to the site, you can see messages from 10 minutes ago and you can see messages from yesterday as well. So it's basically like a chatroom that never refreshes itself.

If you guys are interested, I can put the shoutbox on the index page when we wipe out the website and make http://www.crunderground.com point to the forums.

Ashley
08-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Sounds good.. as long as it's like, quick like a chatroom lol. If it's gonna take a minute or two for you message to pop up... then what's the diff between that and just starting a new thread on the forum to chat? BUT.. it does sound like a good idea. :D

April
08-03-2004, 11:05 AM
I think it sounds like an awesome idea. That would be fun

Regeneration X
08-03-2004, 12:29 PM
yea, get one of those zac. those would be cool

DustinsDuster
08-03-2004, 06:36 PM
thatd be pretty rad. people could see the shit ive talked for the last few days, hahahaha.

Dustin

Fate
08-03-2004, 06:41 PM
thatd be pretty rad. people could see the shit ive talked for the last few days, hahahaha.

Dustin

Great Idea!!

KooK
08-03-2004, 06:51 PM
it'll be a good idea for the first day or two but things like that always die down.

DustinsDuster
08-03-2004, 06:57 PM
itd probably go through phases. peopled get out of it, then back into it, and so on.

Dustin

melhoneybee
08-04-2004, 02:39 AM
I think it sounds good.....ignore my post in the other thread about the forums and the chatroom then....cause this answered the question.