PDA

View Full Version : Turbo or N/A

06-01-2004, 07:22 PM
I have always loved the sound of a turbo spoolin and the blow off valve.
so my plans have always been to turbo my car no matter what it was.

But then came along B civic. Sayin his car can beat any honda, then it had to be all motor .
So i went and talked to some pros and they said that for under a grand my car will kick his ass.

So now I am torn between the two.

Any suggestions.

drfast4ward
06-01-2004, 08:14 PM
My oppinion is to turbo it if you have the knowledge to do so and still whoop his ass he has bolt ons you will have bolt on hp and being one of the fastest is what it is all about no matter how you get there most people dont turbo for two reasons.... lack of knowledge or lack of money.

Turbo is the only way to go whether it be a 4, 6, 8 cylinder and if you have the money to do it all motor hey more power to ya... but you put up a built up turbo honda or a built up all motor honda with the right componants and knowledge the turbo will win every time Forced induction is not the only way.. but... its way impressive if you can get your chassis to hook up.... just an oppinion

krustindumm
06-01-2004, 08:32 PM
You've got a 91 Si, and I know you can hit 13's for under $1.5k in parts, assuming you can drive. The same can be done with a turbo, though there is more risk in blowing the engine, since it would be stock internals. Hardcore N/A cars can not beat hardcore turbo cars, in cost or power.

Turbo is the only way to go if you want any kind of real power, and you want it streetable.

N/A is the best route if you just want a little bit of extra power in a street car.

For a 13s N/A setup...
-Delta 272* cam (85)
-Isky valve springs (100)
-Mild port work
-D16A1 pistons (100)
-D16Z6 headgasket (50)
-lightened stock flywheel, HD PP, stock disc (300)
-lightened stock crank pulley (20)
-I/H/E (300)
-mild interior weight reduction
-ES bushings (150)
-stiff springs
-custom tuned EMS (50, spoon, mugen, etc chips suck, contact me)

DJ0820
06-01-2004, 11:01 PM
N/A has nothing on the sound and pull of a turbo car.

lil murk: You could go N/A and beat him for less than he spent....or you could go turbo and embarass him for less than he spent. Either way he will have something to bitch about, so I'd just shoot to embarass him.

06-02-2004, 04:06 PM
thanks guys

srew B civic, i know i could kick his ass but i'm gonna go and do what i really want to .

TURBO ALL DA WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:twisted:

Rabbit
06-09-2004, 02:18 AM
b civic for president

06-09-2004, 07:26 PM
wtf

sorry, he doesn't qualify you have to be 35 to be president, not 5

B civic sir
06-10-2004, 08:16 AM
:roll:

Drifte
06-10-2004, 09:53 AM
so those guys backed down???? or grew up

DJ0820
06-10-2004, 11:44 AM
lol we backed down?!?! funniest thing i have ever heard.

i loved it when you said "i'd kick your asses but i don't want to go to jail" when we were laughing at you in the staging lanes at CFR. i hadn't laughed that hard in a looooooong time!

i'm really getting tired of the stipulations to race you and excuses about your "fast" ( :lol: ) NA honda. I can see it now....

I will only race you if you are over 85, a quadraplegic, in your electric wheelchair (which has to be naturally aspirated w/ no mods). you wheelchair has to have less than 25% battery power at the time and you also have to drag your gimpy legs for me to race you.

06-10-2004, 11:44 AM
two problems with me racing you

my car has no fenders and no gadges so i cant drive it there

and i dont have a liscence so i cant drive to the track

and i have met u before and i had to leave because i couldn't stand to listen to u talk

06-10-2004, 11:47 AM
lol we backed down?!?! funniest thing i have ever heard.

i loved it when you said "i'd kick your asses but i don't want to go to jail" when we were laughing at you in the staging lanes at CFR. i hadn't laughed that hard in a looooooong time!

i'm really getting tired of the stipulations to race you and excuses about your "fast" ( :lol: ) NA honda. I can see it now....

I will only race you if you are over 85, a quadraplegic, in your electric wheelchair (which has to be naturally aspirated w/ no mods). you wheelchair has to have less than 25% battery power at the time and you also have to drag your gimpy legs for me to race you.

funniest shit ever , oh yeah i was there he was laughing pretty hard and so was i!! I was with him and krustin

06-10-2004, 11:56 AM
lil' murk ? u driver ? and do i know u ? i have NOT bad mouth you at all .and are YOU willing 2 back this up next mouth at the track if your a (HONDA) .it will be nice 2 put a face with the MOUTH. Or will u back DOWN and play nice like DJ and K. :roll:

i aint backin down and the stuff in bold confuses me because you don't no how to type or u just don't know english.

how am i a honda?
i m a h u m a n n o t a c a r, c a r s c a n t t y p e

N o w l e t m e n o i f u c a n u n d e r s t a n d w h a t i j u s t s a i d t o y o u :)

Stg4raddo
06-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Ill Race Bcivic, Ive just got a little old 1.9 liter 8valve what u say lets go at it next time at CFR :twisted:

06-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Ill Race Bcivic, Ive just got a little old 1.9 liter 8valve what u say lets go at it next time at CFR :twisted:

which car is that

the GTI

or the rado :?:

lil krumm
06-16-2004, 09:57 AM
why does it say lil' murk was a guest he was a under ground member?!

is that what happens when you delete there profile and there s/n?

MrGuru
10-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Turbos all the way.