PDA

View Full Version : Forums vs. Facebook Groups

86svo9L
04-20-2016, 01:47 PM
Hate to say it, but who else is getting sick of all the trolling in Facebook groups? It seems nearly impossible to have any sort of reasonable conversation in one without massive amounts of trolling. Keeping an archive on a build does not seem nearly as beneficial either. Lets get the forum going again, who's in agreement?

slow ride
04-22-2016, 09:02 AM
Facebook car stuff sucks period.

AutoMods
04-25-2016, 01:09 PM
I like the forums better but I can see why facebook has taken over.

I think the biggest problem is people are already always logged in and on facebook and the facebook notification/newsfeed system keeps people engaged. Sharing media by smartphone is much easier as well as tagging people.

It would be nice to see the forum come back to life. I don't have time to promote it or feed it with posts like I used to. Filling the forum with interesting stuff is up to the user/member base and so far it hasn't been self sustainable.

86svo9L
04-25-2016, 02:26 PM
Agreed. It is too bad, sometimes it is excruciating how inconsiderate and rude others can be on those groups and it is not a small figure. I assumed that a Facebook group would have the benefit of people tending to be better mannered since they can actually be identified, which has not turned out as such. The younger generation that grew up with social media seem to almost have dual personalities. Their online persona allowing them to live a fantasy where they are billy bad ass and then how they actually act which is tame and considerate. Maybe I am just getting old :/.

Clinical
06-17-2016, 01:42 PM
Im two months late here mostly because of facebook car groups.

I have to agree though I really wish forums were still in their heyday.

Just feel we got a lot more of a community and engagement via forums than through social media as odd as that sounds.

Drifte
08-17-2016, 08:27 AM
I miss the old ways of the Forums.

JustinS
10-11-2016, 12:30 PM
Havent checked this place in awhile and didnt realize it died so much.

Domestic Disturbance
11-07-2016, 11:36 AM
I wish there was a way to integrate a forum style as a facebook extension. Auto populate the newsfeed of the page with whats currently happening on the forum page in some way maybe. In the end the ease of accessibility is why FB is so popular. The ability to have a build thread or technical references is still in the forums favor, it just doesn't have the ability to attract traffic. The alternative FB groups generally contain a lot of negative aspects of modern car culture though.

Ricky
11-07-2016, 11:54 AM
I would come back to the days of the forums. FB groups are all trolls and any helpful information is un searchable and lost.

JacobS
11-08-2016, 01:30 AM
i wish someone would revive forums. i miss reading build threads. this place was always great for having a diverse car culture where everyone got along. we should do a winter IAF get together at BWW again haha

JustinS
11-08-2016, 09:19 AM
Does Ryan even log in here anymore?

JustinS
11-08-2016, 10:15 AM
i wish someone would revive forums. i miss reading build threads. this place was always great for having a diverse car culture where everyone got along. we should do a winter IAF get together at BWW again haha

Build thread for the Nova?

JacobS
11-08-2016, 04:49 PM
Build thread for the Nova?
I said I like reading them. I'm not so good at making them haha the nova only has gears, cam, and stall anyway so it wouldn't be much of one

AutoMods
11-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Does Ryan even log in here anymore?

occasionally!