PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Iowa Street Car Shootout layout, rules and registration

AutoMods
08-06-2014, 10:54 PM
6th Annual Iowa Street Car Shootout and Test and Tune

Saturday, September 6th 2014
Cedar Falls Raceway
6200 W. Bennington Rd.
Cedar Falls, IA 50647

Gates open at 11am, racing starts at Noon

There will be two classes. One intended for manual transmissions with virtually no rules. The 2nd class is for Automatics. This auto class is intended for cars that are street driven (not just street legal) and spend far more time on the street vs the track. After you are eliminated from our race, you may continue to make test passes at the drag strip.

Manual Shootout
-Heads Up, single elimination
-Clutched manuals only. Clutch, clutch pedal, syncros, no clutch-less shifting. faceplated manuals, Lencos and Liberty trans not allowed
-Any tire allowed

Daily Driver Auto Street Car Class
Heads Up, single elimination
You are allowed to violate up to 3 of the below rules

Interior/Exterior Requirements
----------------------
-Functional windows, doors, hatch (must all roll down or open)
-Plates and registration and insurance, no dealer plates, vin must match
-No lexan
-All working lights, turn signals, brake lights, both head and tail lights (none removed)
-No one piece/lift off front ends
-Passenger seat
-Muffler or resonator (except on turbo cars)
-Door panels
-Factory Dash
-Horn
-Speedometer
-Cage/chassis: Max 8.50 legal (10/12 point); No 25.x; No Funny Car Hoops; No back half/tubular frame rails; No wheelie bars or 'chutes
-Interior: Must have all factory-type interior (headliner, carpet, door panels, dash) NO exposed sheet metal
-Functional wipers
-Factory HVAC fan and vents (we will flip on your fan during inspection)
-Side mirrors (if car came equipped with them from the factory)
-Back seats (if car came equipped with them from the factory)

Powertrain Requirements
---------------------------------
-Differential on drive wheels (open, limited slip or locker)
-Brake booster (unless car came with manual brakes)
-DOT Tires
-Full exhaust (must exit behind fronts seats or farther to the rear, no open headers or open downpipes, Cockpit operated exhaust cutouts can be used, must be able to fully close and open exhaust from cockpit during inspection)
-Air filter(s), mesh turbo screens do not count

Exceptions to the auto class rules can be made on a case by case basis. For example, if one item like your horn or a window switch doesn't happen to work but wasn't purposely stripped from the car, we can grant you a pass in. The rules are only designed to keep excessively gutted, lightened or dedicated drag cars out of the competition. Please email me before registering if you have problems meeting the rules but would like to race.

Awards (all timeslips including test passes are eligible for all "quickest" awards)
-----------------------------
Auto Class Winner
Manual Class Winner
Quickest fwd
Quickest 60'
Quickest import/sport compact (no v8's)
Quickest NA car
Quickest NA Import/Sport Compact
Quickest SUV/Truck
Biggest Break Down
Fastest Trap Speed
Biggest upset

Registration Required https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dDZIZERWUWxlMk5FTmxvSVVqSHVZY1E6MA
Current Registrants: coming soon

Makeup/Rain Date: To be announced

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j349/automodsllc/iafstreetcar_flyer_2014.jpg

AutoMods
08-06-2014, 11:00 PM
virtually the same layout as last year. I basically copied and pasted last years event/rules. I reserve the right to add a minor tweak to the auto class rules in the next few days.

Sorry for being so late, been a busy year for me. Trophies were just ordered today, I think we will be happy with them.

Registration is here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dDZIZERWUWxlMk5FTmxvSVVqSHVZY1E6MA

JustaGT
08-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Entered. Let me know PP address and I will get the $20 sent.

AutoMods
08-07-2014, 01:50 PM
awesome, paypal to sales@automods.com

OldSkoolRCR
08-07-2014, 08:06 PM
According to the Auto rules, my car has everything requird!.....EVERYTHING!

Functional windows, doors, hatch (must all roll down or open)
-No lexan
-All working lights, turn signals, brake, both head and tail lights (none removed)
-Passenger seat
-Full exhaust (must exit behind fronts seats or farther to the rear, no open headers or open downpipes)
-Cockpit operated exhaust cutouts can be used, must be able to fully close and open exhaust from cockpit during inspection
-Door panels
-Factory Dash
-Horn
-Speedometer
-Cage/chassis: Max 8.50 legal (10/12 point); No 25.x; No Funny Car Hoops; No back half/tubular frame rails; No wheelie bars or 'chutes
-Interior: Must have all factory-type interior (headliner, carpet, door panels, dash) Rear Seat Delete OK w/carpet (must have rear bulkhead). NO exposed sheet metal

virtually the same layout as last year. I basically copied and pasted last years event/rules. I reserve the right to add a minor tweak to the auto class rules in the next few days.

Sorry for being so late, been a busy year for me. Trophies were just ordered today, I think we will be happy with them.

Registration is here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dDZIZERWUWxlMk5FTmxvSVVqSHVZY1E6MA

Batwood
08-07-2014, 09:09 PM
I'm only 4/7 on the last list. Spool, no rear seat, and ET Drags.
We can run slicks, right? As of right now, I don't even own any decent rear tires. :/

FiFdYnUtZ
08-08-2014, 09:33 AM
Ed you copied HALF the rules lol

OldSkoolRCR
08-08-2014, 09:03 PM
NOT REQUIRED!!!!!! means you don't have to have them WTF!

Batwood
08-08-2014, 09:33 PM
I liked the manual rules better! haha.

Oh and payment sent.
Ready to race all these slow cars with no "man pedals"!!!

derek072887
08-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Not required but you must meet 5 from the list below (for Auto class only)
Differential on drive wheels (open, limited slip or locker)
Functional wipers
HVAC fan and vents (we will flip on your fan during inspection)
Brake booster
Side mirrors (if car came equipped with them from the factory)
Back seats (if car came equipped with them from the factory)
DOT approved/manufacturer approved for highway use (ET Street Radials ok, ET Street Bias ok, Hoosier Quick Times ok, not ET Street Radial Pro, not Hoosier DOT Drag Radial )

there ya go Ed, ik sight is one of the first things to go with age ;)

OldSkoolRCR
08-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Ill stay home, round up the imports and have at it

StreetSweeper
08-09-2014, 11:03 PM
a good group of us auto guys who meet the criteria decided today fuck ur tire rule. We are all on slicks and not dishing out the cash for junk tires for one event. See you on the 6th!

derek072887
08-10-2014, 01:28 PM
The sight problem must be genetic (waivers can be granted on a case by case basis) Maybe you could have simply said something about it rather than just saying fuck it... We were already in discussions about lowering the number of requirements for the auto class, but glad you guys just made the decision yourselves.

1badheadgasket
08-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Payment sent. Ill be there.

1badheadgasket
08-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Also is there a link to see the other people who are registered and for what class yet?

OldSkoolRCR
08-10-2014, 07:17 PM
I honestly think you all need to re-consider some of the Auto rules!! I know of 4 people who will not show, but if car count is not a priority that's cool.

AutoMods
08-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Functional wipers
Brake booster
DOT approved/manufacturer approved for highway use (ET Street Radials ok, ET Street Bias ok, Hoosier Quick Times ok, not ET Street Radial Pro, not Hoosier DOT Drag Radial )

ya , you have to meet 5 of the 7 "not required" rules. you can run a slick no problem it would just mean you would have to meet 5 of the 6 remaining rules on the list. last two years were ran like that.

a lot of fast street cars have a pair of et street radials for street duty. a nicely setup auto street car from someone who knows what they are doing like the bohrens should be able to click off high 9's with an et street radial and that was good enough to win the auto class last year. red rocket, andy, 9.9x won it

slow ride
08-11-2014, 08:27 AM
I can see the rear seat thing getting tossed out as long as it's not just getto removed and open metal. The spool is not a huge deal either, but not what I would call normal street car material. What is the big hang up for you guys Ed(tires, diff, etc)? I'm just curious as I'm out of the loop on all this stuff, but would like to see you guys in it.

StreetSweeper
08-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Functional wipers
Brake booster

ya , you have to meet 5 of the 7 "not required" rules. you can run a slick no problem it would just mean you would have to meet 5 of the 6 remaining rules on the list. last two years were ran like that.

a lot of fast street cars have a pair of et street radials for street duty. a nicely setup auto street car from someone who knows what they are doing like the bohrens should be able to click off high 9's with an et street radial and that was good enough to win the auto class last year. red rocket, andy, 9.9x won it

Its not not about the set up Ryan it's about the cost factor. My car works on a radial pro on the street there's video out there to prove that. But those tires are long shot and it's on a 8.5" slick. All of us local guys are on slicks. My car is drivin on the slick. It's simply about the cost of buying a tire for one event.

StreetSweeper
08-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Batwoods car, my car, Fiddy's car, Jed's car, are all on spools to.

derek072887
08-11-2014, 10:40 AM
You act like the rules havn't been the same for the last 2 years....

slow ride
08-11-2014, 11:12 AM
We also have to assume nobody builds there car to this races rules. Car count is more important than rules (at least to me) but one has to wonder if the parts keeping them out would really make a difference in the long run for race results. What do the other auto guys say?

StreetSweeper
08-11-2014, 11:14 AM
I wouldike to see a functional horn and fictional radio added to the NOT required list. What good is a car in traffic with no horn and if it wernt for my radio I wouldn't be able to jam out!

Batwood
08-11-2014, 11:35 AM
The spool was like $180. A good diff would have been way more.
I could throw a couple bean bags in the back if it counts as a seat.

derek072887
08-11-2014, 11:50 AM
The spool was like $180. A good diff would have been way more.
I could throw a couple bean bags in the back if it counts as a seat.

I may be wrong but aren't you needing new tires anyway? Maybe you bought some slicks and i didn't see that...

OldSkoolRCR
08-11-2014, 07:37 PM
The fact I don't have wipers, or Hvac, and break booster? I got manual brakes....Really wtf...lol

Scott
08-12-2014, 07:11 AM
We also have to assume nobody builds there car to this races rules. Car count is more important than rules (at least to me) but one has to wonder if the parts keeping them out would really make a difference in the long run for race results. What do the other auto guys say?

I think if its going to be advertised as a street car race then make it a street car race. Drive from Cedar Rapids to Cedar Falls, race, drive home, if the car cant make it then its out. I dont think anyone would argue the cars that complete dragweek arent street cars and 80% of those would not be legal to enter this event. Allow chase vehicles so if there is a break down its less of a hassle.

There is some real nasty street cars around here and I think we owe it to the spectators to accurately represent this area in a non-pussified way.

Batwood
08-12-2014, 08:40 AM
^what he said

AutoMods
08-12-2014, 10:18 AM
I think if its going to be advertised as a street car race then make it a street car race. Drive from Cedar Rapids to Cedar Falls, race, drive home, if the car cant make it then its out. I dont think anyone would argue the cars that complete dragweek arent street cars and 80% of those would not be legal to enter this event. Allow chase vehicles so if there is a break down its less of a hassle.

There is some real nasty street cars around here and I think we owe it to the spectators to accurately represent this area in a non-pussified way.

so what rules would have to ensure that this stays a race for the slower guys like it was designed for and ran the last 5 years? the guys that don't race small tire or 10.5. not the "can drive" or "legal" to drive BUT the guys that normally drive it for the occasional weekend cruise, weekend warrior, occasionally drive it to work, etc. the guys that own a set of tires other then just slicks for their car. how are you going to keep the 12-13 second car guys from dropping out of the event?

or would you be happier if we just named it "pussy street auto class" ?

StreetSweeper
08-12-2014, 11:11 AM
so what rules would have to ensure that this stays a race for the slower guys like it was designed for and ran the last 5 years? the guys that don't race small tire or 10.5. not the "can drive" or "legal" to drive BUT the guys that normally drive it for the occasional weekend cruise, weekend warrior, occasionally drive it to work, etc. the guys that own a set of tires other then just slicks for their car. how are you going to keep the 12-13 second car guys from dropping out of the event?

Ryan I hate to break your heart but the slower guys arnt so slow anymore. It's no different then The manual class getting faster like they did last year. Rules will need alters with time or the racers that have supported since day one will have been ran out of a Race. Look at batwood for example his car use to run 12.60s it would not be normal if he was still running those times.

Scott
08-12-2014, 11:41 AM

Well lets be honest with ourselves here, this is just a glorified T+T/exhibition race to show off cars and have fun. You know theres enough people on this site alone just itching to be named fastest street car and this IMO would prove it as far as Im concerned.

The slower cars can be recognized by using the list you made, "fastest DD, fastest car with AC, whatever" no offense here but guys running in the 12-13 second range did not build their cars with sheer acceleration in mind and no reason they should expect to win Iowas fastest street car race. They arent built to be balls out fast street cars so theres no shame in losing to one. They're still there, still racing against the fastest street cars around with a chance to knock one out of competition and that in my book would be more of a win than anything, biggest upset should be the proudest trophy in anyones collection.

On top of that everyone can still keep making passes after they are eliminated AND have a chance to move up the ranking as the cars start over heating/blowing transmissions and dropping like flies on the drive home. Sounds alot more exciting to me, no?

AutoMods
08-12-2014, 11:42 AM
cars should be able to get faster over the years without breaking more rules

Scott
08-12-2014, 11:46 AM
And for the record Im sure my car wont be ready for this race so its not like Im trying to find a way in... Id just like to see a hardcore street event like this go down

StreetSweeper
08-12-2014, 11:47 AM
And cars should be able to race without buying two sets of tires or having hvac. I have drivin my car a good 400 street miles since it's been finished and have not needed air conditioning once nor have I needed a second set of tires to do so.What's next? I prefer to not see Brian's car on anything less then a slick after last weekend btw!

Batwood
08-12-2014, 11:58 AM

The rules I broke:
Spool... much cheaper and stronger than a diff.
Tires... could only afford used slicks. My DRs are junk.
Rear seats... no excuse here I guess. Sold to fund my motor.

Other than that it's a fully functional street car. My radio quit working too, but hopefully I can still race.

StreetSweeper
08-12-2014, 12:04 PM
The rules I broke:

Other than that it's a fully functional street car. My radio quit working too, but hopefully I can still race.

Lol you make me feel prety good.

Spool whipers and hvac for me oh and my tires but I still got my baby seat in the back my radio for my tunes and my horn to honk at the fans. If I turn it up I'll do a wheelie and wave at the bitches lol

FiFdYnUtZ
08-12-2014, 02:27 PM
I don't see how bias ply et streets are on the pick 5 list and Hoosier Dr's arent...they both say not for highway use...any drag radial should be on the list

Clinical
08-12-2014, 03:38 PM
new requirement should be for a functioning rear windshield wiper... oh fuck... mine is gone...

skipdownstairs
08-12-2014, 03:53 PM
convoy from cedar rapids sounds kinda cool

McKeever
08-12-2014, 04:50 PM
I think your making this harder than it needs to be Ryan. Just say all street cars need to be tagged and insured, your hairline will thank you.

StreetSweeper
08-12-2014, 05:09 PM
convoy from cedar rapids sounds kinda cool

Speaking of. Ryan I'll drive my street car right next to yours to CFR if u lock up $500 for a grudge to happen before round 1!! Let's go streetcah!

SLVR7
08-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Why not dual class the auto guys,have a break point above or below x et. Let the slow guys run each other and the hard core guys battle it out. I'm with Ed, car count should be near the top of the list of must have's.

slow ride
08-12-2014, 07:17 PM
I just don't know if that many auto guys really care of some of these guys run or not. They probably are not going to complain openly so PM me if you have issues with some of the cars listed in this thread running in the auto class. Just trying to see how many people would not enter due to some of these faster guys running.

OldSkoolRCR
08-12-2014, 07:33 PM
I think your making this harder than it needs to be Ryan. Just say all street cars need to be tagged and insured, your hairline will thank you.

what he said..problem sloved.

AutoMods
08-12-2014, 08:45 PM

that doesn't make any sense at all. that would mean our race would have more relaxed rule set than almost any other series or class out there? why do you think the 10.5 class has 8 cars in it each week instead of 20 or 30? why do think none of the 25 cars that normally race in the iaf shootout never participate in the 10.5 races or the small tire shootout? the answer is because people don't like racing cars that aren't in the same league. if you host a race with no rules you are going to end up with 6-8 guys running high 7's low 8's ; assuming you offered enough incentives/awards to interest them that is ;)

AutoMods
08-12-2014, 09:00 PM
I don't see how bias ply et streets are on the pick 5 list and Hoosier Dr's arent...they both say not for highway use...any drag radial should be on the list

actual the MT website just says for DRY PAVEMENT USE ONLY, http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreet . the et street bias is a bit harder compound and a stiffer sidewall than the pure bias et drag slick

I did call MT today and talked to them and they said as far as practicality/wear on the street, etc the ET Street Radial Pro would be about as practical as the et street bias. The et street bias has more groves than the Pro but the pro is natually a bit more stable because its a radial. The tech said it would be fair to allow the et street radial pro and the hoosier equivelant.

however he said the ET Drag Radial, the pure radial slick, is softer and it would make sense to not allow that or the pure bias slicks into our street car class.

so i'm going to officially propose we change the rules and allow the all dot radials

AutoMods
08-12-2014, 09:04 PM
just a reminder as i've said before many times. you can run any tire you want as long as you meet the other qualifications.

Mighty
08-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering if we could discuss some of the waivers. Currently my car is missing a few of the needed requirements to run, that being said I can assure this car is as streetable as any other car on this forum. The only thing preventing me from running as far as the rules go are I do not have backseats, functional wipers, speedometer, HVAC, radials, and the car doesn't have a full exhaust its an open down pipe. I was going to mention the car has a Fiberglass dash in the mail, but I am currently unsure if the dash will be here on time or not. I just don't think I can make the drive if I'm not going to be able to participate.

I was told to post in here and see what most of you thought if you don't see any problem with me running that would be great!

StreetSweeper
08-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering if we could discuss some of the waivers. Currently my car is missing a few of the needed requirements to run, that being said I can assure this car is as streetable as any other car on this forum. The only thing preventing me from running as far as the rules go are I do not have backseats, functional wipers, speedometer, HVAC, radials, and the car doesn't have a full exhaust its an open down pipe. I was going to mention the car has a Fiberglass dash in the mail, but I am currently unsure if the dash will be here on time or not. I just don't think I can make the drive if I'm not going to be able to participate.

I was told to post in here and see what most of you thought if you don't see any problem with me running that would be great!

None of that scares me but it prolly scares Ryan lol

Sunny Z
08-13-2014, 05:13 AM
None of that scares me but it prolly scares Ryan lol

Won't be in the same class......

slow ride
08-13-2014, 06:24 AM
Is there a list of people/car going yet?

Batwood
08-13-2014, 06:55 AM
The rules I broke:

This was me officially asking permission. I've got heat, a/c, cruise, horn, radio, wipers, mirrors, power steering and brakes, and even still have the clutch pedal.

RedRocketZ28
08-13-2014, 07:59 AM
I honestly would have no problem with any of the Auto guys in here running. I wish I still had my car to be able to participate :(.

slow ride
08-13-2014, 08:05 AM
I never understood why you sold it? It seemed like you went to big on turbo and didn't really like driving the car as much? Your thoughts? Batwood's car seems fine to me and George does drive his around what seems to be a lot. Even with it being street cars, If I had a second set of drag tires you better bet they will be Slicks and not ET streets.

RedRocketZ28
08-13-2014, 08:17 AM
My fiance and I built a new house and we had our second child. I guess you could say I was being responsible. I honestly did like it better with the smaller turbo. The exhaust was quiet when the cutout was closed, I could build boost on the footbrake, and the car just worked. No doubt it made a lot more power with the bigger turbo, and was still fun to drive, but I wish I would have left it alone. It had mid 9's in it for sure with more boost on the smaller turbo. It ran what it did last year on 14 lbs on drag radials ;).

slow ride
08-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Yea, not to mention the billet 75 wheels should flow more and spool better than the cast 78. I guess Turbonetics has a billet 83/82 t4 in the works that should be the size of the PTE 7675 :)

RedRocketZ28
08-13-2014, 08:38 AM
Yeah I have seen the 83/82 posted on FB. Depending on price, and if I ever build another car, I might be interested in one of them.

FiFdYnUtZ
08-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Something needs to be set in stone on this soon, incase there are any changes I need to make. I'll be there on a completely untested and probably untuned car so if the rules don't jive I prob won't enter....my car is the same as it was minus wipers and I'm in the process of rigging them up for kots jr

Mighty
08-13-2014, 09:29 AM
I understand if Ryan isn't cool with it. I kinda posted last minute and asked a lot.

Drifte
08-13-2014, 09:49 AM
the answer is because people don't like racing cars that aren't in the same league...

Yea kinda sucked for me last year when CFR got all mixed up and my second race was my ACTUAL street truck vs Ed's mustang. IDK if making a street class for autos and iowas fastest overall is an option? Just say screw it, run whatever in this class for autos and let them duke it out. I wouldnt be surprised if there's some butt hurt for lack of rules then!

slow ride
08-13-2014, 09:56 AM
Or switch it to bracket :P

Phish
08-13-2014, 10:48 AM
I would love to be back together for this. However, I just don't think money will allow it. Hell I think I even meet the rules for this... **streetcar**

derek072887
08-13-2014, 11:21 AM

What does the car run? What times are you expecting?

RedRocketZ28
08-13-2014, 11:42 AM
What does the car run? What times are you expecting?

His car hasn't been down the track in it's current form. With that being said, it would have put it all over my car. It will be a 1000+ rwhp car.

StreetSweeper
08-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Why does it matter what the car runs? What you not going to let him race if he faster the. Ryan or you? That's the problem to much worrying about this and that sack the f up and race. I could care less what anyone's shit runs just get in the other lane and find out.

derek072887
08-13-2014, 12:52 PM
Why does it matter what the car runs? What you not going to let him race if he faster the. Ryan or you? That's the problem to much worrying about this and that sack the f up and race. I could care less what anyone's shit runs just get in the other lane and find out.

It matters for the same reason it mattered to let blacky or your Ed's silver car a few years ago... we aren't looking to have some "street car" that gets driven twice a month or less come in and just sweep up and win.... Most people (not all) race for competition not to get their ass handed to them in the first round by the previously mentioned "street car"

side note, weren't you bragging how you are gonna drive your car back and forth to work and DD it blah blah blah?

StreetSweeper
08-13-2014, 12:58 PM
It matters for the same reason it mattered to let blacky or your Ed's silver car a few years ago... we aren't looking to have some "street car" that gets driven twice a month or less come in and just sweep up and win.... Most people (not all) race for competition not to get their ass handed to them in the first round by the previously mentioned "street car"

side note, weren't you bragging how you are gonna drive your car back and forth to work and DD it blah blah blah?

I have more street miles on my new car then you and Ryan both have on your piles this summer and it's been done for one month. You can expect one thing for sure it will be drivin to this deal while you guys put Ryan's junk on a trailer and trailer it up I will roll right to the lanes and gap all of you and drive it home and u can bet on that!

derek072887
08-13-2014, 01:09 PM
I have more street miles on my new car then you and Ryan both have on your piles this summer and it's been done for one month. You can expect one thing for sure it will be drivin to this deal while you guys put Ryan's junk on a trailer and trailer it up I will roll right to the lanes and gap all of you and drive it home and u can bet on that!

Wanna put some money on that street miles claim? I may not beat you in a race but that's just silly. I have more miles on my pile than you ever put on blacky the silver car and your current car combined and I've owned it since Fed....

You and Ed both knew the rules that have been in place for the last 2 years...... wanna compete in an event gotta meet the rules

StreetSweeper
08-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Wanna put some money on that street miles claim? I may not beat you in a race but that's just silly. I have more miles on my pile than you ever put on blacky the silver car and your current car combined and I've owned it since Fed....

You and Ed both knew the rules that have been in place for the last 2 years...... wanna compete in an event gotta meet the rules

I meet the rules fool. Get ready to get your shit whacked and when I'm done with you we can run auto winner vs manual winner for $500 and they got the back tire! I forgot you dont have nothing that runs worth a fuck other then your gums!

derek072887
08-13-2014, 01:30 PM
I meet the rules fool.

Then WTF are you bitching about?

StreetSweeper
08-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Then WTF are you bitching about?
Because there are 4 other cars a lot slower then mine that don't quite meet them that u guys are nit picking that should be allowed in.

derek072887
08-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Because there are 4 other cars a lot slower then mine that don't quite meet them that u guys are not picking that should be allowed in.

Name them and say what they are missing, then we can discuss if they can run or not.... You and Ed keep saying all these guys but you are the only ones yappin... Brian has stated what he is missing and is waiting to hear if anyone objects to him running or not.

StreetSweeper
08-13-2014, 02:06 PM
I'm not going to speak for them as they are not on this site but you know who they are personally . It's just a example how stupid the rules set is.

FiFdYnUtZ
08-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Are we going to hear anything from the curator of this event? Or just his barker?

AutoMods
08-13-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm just waiting for anyone else to put in their 2 cents. most people don't check the forum that frequently.

I've made a very slight change to the rules to make them simpler so I don't have to explain them so often. I organized all the rules into "Interior/Exterior Requirements" and "Powertrain Requirements" . I added one rule which is an air filter. But now you would be able to violate any 3 rules. Before you could only violate two of the last 7 rules.

Daily Driver Auto Street Car Class
Heads Up, single elimination
You can violate any 3 rules
Interior/Exterior Requirements
----------------------
-Functional windows, doors, hatch (must all roll down or open)
-No lexan
-All working lights, turn signals, brake lights, both head and tail lights (none removed)
-Passenger seat
-Door panels
-Factory Dash
-Horn
-Speedometer
-Must have all factory-type interior (headliner, carpet, door panels, dash). NO exposed sheet metal
-Functional wipers
-Factory HVAC fan and vents (we will flip on your fan during inspection)
-Side mirrors (if car came equipped with them from the factory)
-Back seats (if car came equipped with them from the factory)

Powertrain Requirements
-Differential on drive wheels (open, limited slip or locker)
-Brake booster
-DOT Tires
-Full exhaust (must exit behind fronts seats or farther to the rear, no open headers or open downpipes, Cockpit operated exhaust cutouts can be used, must be able to fully close and open exhaust from cockpit during inspection)
-Air filter(s), mesh turbo screens do not count

DustinsDuster
08-13-2014, 03:09 PM
I'll be in Colorado that weekend. Bummer. I'll hit it up if there's a rain date

gyl
08-13-2014, 05:39 PM
If i can get the slowbra back up,i might be down...i meet all the requirements save one...no back seat, however it is carpeted over with a rear seat delete kit.

Mighty
08-13-2014, 05:48 PM
I am not really sure what the car will run to be honest with you. I'm not going to lie and try and say it's faster or slower than what it truly is. I have driven the car daily at the start of the summer, but I had taken the car to a shop to help with a dominator install and months later the car wasn't touched. So currently I am trying to get it up and running. If I had to honestly guess I'd say once dialed I wouldn't doubt the car as a low 9.xx or high 8.XX in it.

McKeever
08-13-2014, 07:11 PM
that doesn't make any sense at all. that would mean our race would have more relaxed rule set than almost any other series or class out there? why do you think the 10.5 class has 8 cars in it each week instead of 20 or 30? why do think none of the 25 cars that normally race in the iaf shootout never participate in the 10.5 races or the small tire shootout? the answer is because people don't like racing cars that aren't in the same league. if you host a race with no rules you are going to end up with 6-8 guys running high 7's low 8's ; assuming you offered enough incentives/awards to interest them that is ;)

Makes about as much since as having a manual class with no rules. Besides I think your way to fast, so the field should be dumbed down to my level that way I can compete... I know your not going to change the rules that much, so there's no point in arguing, I get what your trying to do, and I applaud you on organizing the event. I'm just more of the mind set "less is more" and "keep it simple stupid". That allows people to make their own decisions instead of you making it for them.

OldSkoolRCR
08-13-2014, 07:46 PM
Ok..
I don't have wipers,Hvac, or brake booster..seems to me that's 3 violtions...

stangvortech
08-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Why not just make another class? and have 3?

AutoMods
08-13-2014, 09:23 PM
Makes about as much since as having a manual class with no rules. Besides I think your way to fast, so the field should be dumbed down to my level that way I can compete... I know your not going to change the rules that much, so there's no point in arguing, I get what your trying to do, and I applaud you on organizing the event. I'm just more of the mind set "less is more" and "keep it simple stupid". That allows people to make their own decisions instead of you making it for them.

the reason the manual class has no rules is because very few dedicated drag cars are built with a manual tranmissions. and with zero rules the fastest manuals are for the most part in the 10's around here. there was one awesome guy that broke the 9's once.

Why not just make another class? and have 3?

not a bad idea. although the faster cars have the 10.5 race series and small tire shootouts.

StreetSweeper
08-13-2014, 11:01 PM
the reason the manual class has no rules is because very few dedicated drag cars are built with a manual tranmissions. and with zero rules the fastest manuals are for the most part in the 10's around here. there was one awesome guy that broke the 9's once.

not a bad idea. although the faster cars have the 10.5 race series and small tire shootouts.

So what your saying is you don't care that Mkeever feels he is no competition with the other manuals yet your worried about auto feelings?

and those "faster 10.5" guys you referring to are race cars so get that right. But what your basically saying about them is you don't care to support them at the event even though they support your website? Fuck those guys right?

StreetSweeper
08-13-2014, 11:02 PM
And like I said my shit fits the guidelines so no sourness there, but that mentality you have is plain out stupid!

slow ride
08-13-2014, 11:21 PM
I don't even think Ryan is going to race this year. Everybody loves the 10.5 stuff, but thats just it, they already have a decent deal to race at multiple times a year. In the end I'd just pull the rules this year except for the extreme race cars and see if people like/dislike it more than other years. It's only one year probably won't hurt anything. Clocks will be on though and ET's better come damn close to the correct mph ;)

StreetSweeper
08-13-2014, 11:29 PM
I don't even think Ryan is going to race this year. Everybody loves the 10.5 stuff, but thats just it, they already have a decent deal to race at multiple times a year. In the end I'd just pull the rules this year except for the extreme race cars and see if people like/dislike it more than other years. It's only one year probably won't hurt anything. Clocks will be on though and ET's better come damn close to the correct mph ;)

you mean like a 9.87@150 lol something just don't jive there! Haha

StreetSweeper
08-13-2014, 11:31 PM
I'm just busting balls man, just trying to keep atleast one thread around this joint alive for a few days.

slow ride
08-14-2014, 05:49 AM
Thems stick car Supra type timeslips :)

Phish
08-14-2014, 06:02 AM
Forget Manual and Auto classes. Just run it in Times. 9's, 10's, and 11,s classes... maybe a 12?

Mighty
08-14-2014, 07:40 AM
The only thing I didn't understand about the whole deal was. You could be busting a 10, 11, or 12 second street car that didn't make 5 of the 7 rules out. When there will be numerous cars there that won't meet track laws running. I just thought it was a double standard.

SledgeWS6
08-14-2014, 07:43 AM
Key words as in the title of the thread is that its a street car shoot-out. Regardless of the regions typical manual car not being a full blown out drag car, it can happen. If you're going to make rules for the auto class, you should apply them equally to the manual class. I don't mean to get racial here, but there seems to be some discrimination. ;)​

Drifte
08-14-2014, 07:54 AM
Ryan and Derek have probably already put a lot of time and thought into this, for us to be nagging so much, and Im not really involved in anything anymore. However, I had and idea. What if its ONE rule? Every participant drives their car to the event? Not terribly fair for our friends in DSM I know, but that is a big part of being a street car. At the end of the day there's still the "biggest upset" trophy, fastest import, fastest awd etc, whatever all the awards are.

SledgeWS6
08-14-2014, 08:13 AM
Ryan and Derek have probably already put a lot of time and thought into this, for us to be nagging so much, and Im not really involved in anything anymore. However, I had and idea. What if its ONE rule? Every participant drives their car to the event? Not terribly fair for our friends in DSM I know, but that is a big part of being a street car. End of the day theirs still the "biggest upset" trophy, fastest import, fastest awd etc, whatever all the awards are.

Shouldn't be a big deal for Des Moines people, if your car can't make a two hour trip cruising on the highway, it probably isn't road worthy anyway. I agree, that is a good rule.

slow ride
08-14-2014, 08:30 AM
I don't see that being the problem for most. Most would probably still want a tow rig with them as it can be a huge pain after the fact. Then you are bringing a truck/trailer, the car, gas for both, etc. I wouldn't want to run my track tires that long on the street so can most fit two sets with them? I suppose some guys could get together and split the cost for the tow rig coming up as I would hope everyone doesn't break.

Mighty
08-14-2014, 08:32 AM
So not trying to beat a dead horse or anything, but when is everyone okay if I participate or not?

RedRocketZ28
08-14-2014, 08:35 AM
If everyone was required to drive their car to the track I am willing to bet the actual number of cars entered will drop. Some guys run race gas, some guys have one set of wheels, some guys don't want to risk breaking, etc. I think most people know the cars around Des Moines get driven on the street...a lot. Same can be said for the CR guys as well. If I have a trailer, and I am going to be beating the shit out of my car 2 hours away, you bet your ass it will be trailered to said event.

With that being said, we need a 15 second car class as well so I can race this year.

Mighty
08-14-2014, 08:57 AM
If everyone was required to drive their car to the track I am willing to bet the actual number of cars entered will drop. Some guys run race gas, some guys have one set of wheels, some guys don't want to risk breaking, etc. I think most people know the cars around Des Moines get driven on the street...a lot. Same can be said for the CR guys as well. If I have a trailer, and I am going to be beating the shit out of my car 2 hours away, you bet your ass it will be trailered to said event.

With that being said, we need a 15 second car class as well so I can race this year.

Well put!

AutoMods
08-14-2014, 09:37 AM
Key words as in the title of the thread is that its a street car shoot-out. Regardless of the regions typical manual car not being a full blown out drag car, it can happen. If you're going to make rules for the auto class, you should apply them equally to the manual class. I don't mean to get racial here, but there seems to be some discrimination. ;)​

i've been accused of discrimination before :) there have never been rules for the manual class since the beginning when Rob Palmer setup the race. I can qualify for every rule on the auto class anyway with no rule exemptions so its not like I wanted no rules for my own personal gain. Fortunately, we haven't really had a problem with stripped out drag manual cars. but i wouldn't be opposed to manual rules if we have problems with stripped out cars in the future.

if anyone wants to know how all the rules were carefully hashed out before, have fun reading. this includes leaving no rules on the manual class and not making people drive to the track, how strict to make the rules, etc
http://iowaautoforums.com/showthread.php?15388-2013-Iowa-Street-Car-Shootout-discussion-thread&highlight=shootout
http://iowaautoforums.com/showthread.php?14766-2012-Iowa-Street-Car-Shootout-part-5-final-discussions&highlight=shootout
http://iowaautoforums.com/showthread.php?13989-2012-IAF-DS-street-car-shootout-participants-survey&highlight=shootout
http://iowaautoforums.com/showthread.php?13980-2012-Iowa-Street-Car-shootout-early-discussions&highlight=shootout
http://iowaautoforums.com/showthread.php?13990-2012-IAF-DS-street-car-shootout-KOTS-discussion&highlight=shootout
http://iowaautoforums.com/showthread.php?14022-2012-Iowa-Street-Car-Shootout-Pre-Registration-Discussion&highlight=shootout

AutoMods
08-14-2014, 09:49 AM
So not trying to beat a dead horse or anything, but when is everyone okay if I participate or not?

i think you have too many rule violations. it would open up a can of worms if you were let in.

Phish
08-14-2014, 10:28 AM
That's funny because I bet Mike would be one of the guys that would drive his car to the track if it was a requirement. All that being said, if driving the car to the track was the only rule.... Whats stopping me from trailering my car to Cedar falls then saying I drove it all the way there... There is no good way to do this guys. Run what you brung. If its not enough, then you should have broughten more

Drifte
08-14-2014, 10:39 AM

Hope you plan on losing, I got 87 s10 thats ready to dominate that class!

RedRocketZ28
08-14-2014, 10:50 AM
That's funny because I bet Mike would be one of the guys that would drive his car to the track if it was a requirement.

Agreed. Hell, it has a trans with overdrive! I wouldn't think anyone else would have an issue with him running. It will be the first time the car is down the track, if it's done that is.

Mighty
08-14-2014, 11:02 AM
That's funny because I bet Mike would be one of the guys that would drive his car to the track if it was a requirement. All that being said, if driving the car to the track was the only rule.... Whats stopping me from trailering my car to Cedar falls then saying I drove it all the way there... There is no good way to do this guys. Run what you brung. If its not enough, then you should have broughten more

Its alright, I would love to drive my car up there. I guess, I'll be going to Omaha the 6th with a few other buddies. It just sucks that I don't think they want the guys from Des Moines to have all the trophies again this year... Only kidding

But, the rules I broke made sense to me at the time. Slicks work both street and track so have slicks, I don't drive the car in the rain so no wipers, I don't have a speedometer because I have a racepak...

SledgeWS6
08-14-2014, 11:17 AM

I'd be down for that.

I'm just stirring the pot because I don't have one to piss in. For real though, no matter what happens someone is going to get all butt-hurt. You need to recruit more on that FB Iowa Car Spotters page, lots of 10 second street cars/trucks from what I read.

SLVR7
08-14-2014, 11:25 AM
It's a public track, all the guys who don't fit the rules should do their own race/payout. This event could continue to grow, if everyone isn't dq'd on rules. Let's be honest, the faster cars a funner to watch anyway.

Mighty
08-14-2014, 12:52 PM
I agree it would be fun to do some side stuff with other cars, but I don't want to have to wait all day to run. I know a bunch of people will be going to MAM that weekend for the ICC event.

derek072887
08-14-2014, 12:55 PM
You won't have to wait to run, they have test and tune all day and when we do rounds it doesn't take much time at all.

Mighty
08-14-2014, 12:59 PM
A buddy of mine last year with got there at a decent time and they made him wait till around 9 to start running. Is there a list of cars going?

Mighty
08-14-2014, 01:01 PM
I'm all down for going, I want you guys to have an amazing turn out! But if you post in the Iowa petrol head section that will open it up for more cars... More cars in the event = less time for the T/T guys to run

derek072887
08-14-2014, 01:07 PM
A buddy of mine last year with got there at a decent time and they made him wait till around 9 to start running. Is there a list of cars going?

They were running test and tune all day...

derek072887
08-14-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm all down for going, I want you guys to have an amazing turn out! But if you post in the Iowa petrol head section that will open it up for more cars... More cars in the event = less time for the T/T guys to run

I have shared the event once in the petrol heads page with little activity/response. We are working on a flyer to share with them and other pages to try to drum up some more cars.

Mighty
08-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Does the car have to have working wiper blades or wiper blades themselves?

Mighty
08-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Also in the tires et drags arnt listed are those alright?

derek072887
08-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Also in the tires et drags arnt listed are those alright?

You can break 3 rules, if you use ET Drags you would be breaking one of those rules. So they are allowed as long as you don't break 3 other rules as well.

AutoMods
08-14-2014, 01:55 PM
This event could continue to grow, if everyone isn't dq'd on rules.

you should enter and make the event grow by 1 .

Mighty
08-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Thanks anyways Derek, I'm out.

SLVR7
08-14-2014, 02:40 PM
you should enter and make the event grow by 1 .

My motor is scattered across the bench, so if your willing to drag me down the track i'll enter.

AutoMods
08-14-2014, 04:07 PM
My motor is scattered across the bench, so if your willing to drag me down the track i'll enter.

i don't do towing but hit george up, he's told me he will drag my ass on numerous occasions. not sure what he charges

btw, tell eric clark to come join us

stangvortech
08-14-2014, 07:33 PM
I’d say just add a class. Have a “street class” and then an “extremestreet class” everyone is happy!

OldSkoolRCR
08-14-2014, 07:44 PM
Ryan...Im just wonderin? your car would fit he auto class rules? If so what does your car have that mine does not? wipers and hvac I bet other than that there is nothing else...lol

AutoMods
08-14-2014, 10:02 PM
Ryan...Im just wonderin? your car would fit he auto class rules? If so what does your car have that mine does not? wipers and hvac I bet other than that there is nothing else...lol

my car meets every rule. I have a cobra lsd, not a spool. i have a brake booster. i have dot tires (both nitto DR's and et streets). not sure what tires you have or what other rules you may not meet, you tell me.

i agree that many of the rules by themselves may not matter much. but when a car is missing many of them, past the 3 exemptions already allowed, they tend to lean toward track cars.

look on the bright side, there were also several street car rule suggestions that were never adopted
-ac
-power steering
-pump gas
-radial tire
-radio
-drive to the track
-full size front tires (no skinnies)

slow ride
08-15-2014, 07:27 AM
There are lots of older cars with manual brakes and steering though. I can't see not having some sort of radio/speakers in a car that really gets driven. what about adding a few more things to the list and bumping the exemptions to 4?

Phish
08-15-2014, 01:21 PM
What about saying that if it has factory style suspension, full factory frame rails, factory dash, and is licensed and insured - then you can run. <---- best street car rules in my book

LS1NOVA
08-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Let me know if I can participate again. No wipers, heat, or air filters but its definately a street car. My wife, 2 and 4 year old drove it from Minneapolis to Iowa last week and I was out of town.

AutoMods
08-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Let me know if I can participate again. No wipers, heat, or air filters but its definately a street car. My wife, 2 and 4 year old drove it from Minneapolis to Iowa last week and I was out of town.

If you only have 3 exemptions to the rules, you are good, you don't need to ask for permission to enter. if you wondering about meeting any other rules, let me know.

Would love to see your car participate again though!

Drifte
08-15-2014, 03:55 PM
Just for humor I dont think my 87 s10 w/t meets the auto rules haha, except its a manual so it has none. no radio, manual brakes, manual steering, barely an interior from the start, horn doesnt work, hvac barely works. crappy original and slow but it has a big ass tach in it for...reasons.

http://i.imgur.com/QiQic3K.jpg

Clayton Townsend
08-16-2014, 03:10 AM
I am unsure if I should even enter after reading all this I would just be bringing in a normal car isnt that whats its meant for? Go in a different class if you want to race rules are rules if you dont meet them you dont compete just compete in a different class. Otherwise its no fun to the newbies getting knocked out in the first race. Like me I have a stock honda that I want to race I have no chance at a 10 sec car.

As well the car would be driven there "1hr 11mins" race then driven back like others explained.

LS1NOVA
08-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Also has manual brakes (no booster) and no headliner just dynamat. So I have 5 exemptions. I know, pushing it. Has power steering though...

sLoWnStEaDy
08-16-2014, 04:53 PM
I always love these "street car" threads... LMAO

AutoMods
08-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Also has manual brakes (no booster) and no headliner just dynamat. So I have 5 exemptions. I know, pushing it. Has power steering though...

i remembered we waived your headliner last year because your cage was in the way iirc. can you throw air filters on? or wipers? i know you autocross your car occasionally so its not just a drag car.

AutoMods
08-16-2014, 05:33 PM
We have a flyer if anyone wants to link/print/share it

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j349/automodsllc/iafstreetcar_flyer_2014.jpg

Batwood
08-17-2014, 02:55 AM
I was sitting at CFR tonight in the staging lanes and my windows were fogging up. If I wouldn't have had HVAC, I wouldn't have been able to race. It was super foggy/humid... dew was sitting on the cars. It just made me think about these street car rules.

LS1NOVA
08-17-2014, 01:18 PM
I'll put wipers on the car if it means I can race but if its going to cause a stink I'm fine with racing elsewhere. Had fun last year at the event though.

Here is an engine shot. Air filters aren't going to happen though.
http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y314/LS1NOVA/71%20Nova%20build/10568812_592481127536222_2779267097041164284_n_zps d17df1d1-1.jpg (http://s1025.photobucket.com/user/LS1NOVA/media/71%20Nova%20build/10568812_592481127536222_2779267097041164284_n_zps d17df1d1-1.jpg.html)

JacobS
08-18-2014, 07:19 AM
im in love with that nova...

sLoWnStEaDy
08-24-2014, 09:46 PM
few questions... What time(ish) does this start on saturday? when you set up races, is it at random or do you try to match ET's a little? As in, is there a chance my first (and probably last) run will be against a 9/10 second car or do you attempt to make it a little fair the first round or two? Only curious because I want to go but have other plans already and am trying to decide what to do. I need to make a couple/few passes at some point either way but...

Scott
08-25-2014, 07:14 AM
I'll put wipers on the car if it means I can race but if its going to cause a stink I'm fine with racing elsewhere. Had fun last year at the event though.

Here is an engine shot. Air filters aren't going to happen though.
http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y314/LS1NOVA/71%20Nova%20build/10568812_592481127536222_2779267097041164284_n_zps d17df1d1-1.jpg (http://s1025.photobucket.com/user/LS1NOVA/media/71%20Nova%20build/10568812_592481127536222_2779267097041164284_n_zps d17df1d1-1.jpg.html)

Your running a stick I thought?

slow ride
08-25-2014, 08:19 AM
No he has had a 4l80 from the start. That's one thing that could subtract a point, having a overdrive transmission. No point in one of those in a race car :)

JustaGT
08-25-2014, 08:40 AM
few questions... What time(ish) does this start on saturday? when you set up races, is it at random or do you try to match ET's a little? As in, is there a chance my first (and probably last) run will be against a 9/10 second car or do you attempt to make it a little fair the first round or two? Only curious because I want to go but have other plans already and am trying to decide what to do. I need to make a couple/few passes at some point either way but...

Last year they drew chips in the lanes, somehow I ended up running Ryan first round who was 5 cars behind me in the same lane. I think they were going to do a bracket but something with the computer system got messed up. Hopefully this year they do a bracket.

Is there a way to see who all has registered for each class?

AutoMods
08-25-2014, 01:22 PM
Gates open at 11am, racing at Noon. Track will be open until 7-8pm. post 1 updated with the times

We usually have time to have 1 test pass or 2 if you're quick. Then we have an official qualifying pass to seat people in the bracket. Then the elimination brackets start.

derek072887
08-26-2014, 10:46 AM
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j349/automodsllc/trophies.jpg (http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/automodsllc/media/trophies.jpg.html)
Trophies are in!!

83s10v8
08-28-2014, 01:44 PM
The fact I don't have wipers, or Hvac, and break booster? I got manual brakes....Really wtf...lol

yeah.. mine came factory with manual brakes..

derek072887
08-28-2014, 01:46 PM
yeah.. mine came factory with manual brakes..

And that is why exceptions are allowed on a case by case basis.

83s10v8
08-28-2014, 01:47 PM
Just for humor I dont think my 87 s10 w/t meets the auto rules haha, except its a manual so it has none. no radio, manual brakes, manual steering, barely an interior from the start, horn doesnt work, hvac barely works. crappy original and slow but it has a big ass tach in it for...reasons.

http://i.imgur.com/QiQic3K.jpg

thats how my truck was too... no radio, manual brakes, manual steering.. and i have to have lexan for my cage coming out of the back window...

Batwood
08-28-2014, 08:03 PM
Is there a way to see who all has registered for each class?

I'm curious as well.

AutoMods
08-29-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm curious as well.

entries are here
https://docs.google.com/a/importevolution.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AihY2F-4IhQFdDZIZERWUWxlMk5FTmxvSVVqSHVZY1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0
We need some more guys signed up. we have had about 30 signed up the last 2 years. we usually get several stragglers in the last couple days

Newgen
08-29-2014, 11:22 AM
I guess i'm in!

Batwood
08-29-2014, 11:44 AM
entries are here
https://docs.google.com/a/importevolution.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AihY2F-4IhQFdDZIZERWUWxlMk5FTmxvSVVqSHVZY1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0
We need some more guys signed up. we have had about 30 signed up the last 2 years. we usually get several stragglers in the last couple days
Wow... only 16 cars?

JustaGT
08-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Wow... only 16 cars?

Looks like I at least made the quarter finals!

Scott
08-29-2014, 01:51 PM
Maybe you should outlaw after market exhaust systems.. That way people with real street cars have a chance against all these modified race cars.

LS1NOVA
08-29-2014, 02:28 PM
I tried...but mine's a racecar by the rules.

AutoMods
08-29-2014, 03:53 PM
thats how my truck was too... no radio, manual brakes, manual steering.. and i have to have lexan for my cage coming out of the back window...

if your truck came from the factory with manual brakes then you aren't required to have power brakes. radio and steering aren't rules. i don't think anyone would care if you had lexan for the back window for the roll cage exit.

I tried...but mine's a racecar by the rules.

you were let in last year and didn't see anyone object to your car this year.

Clinical
08-29-2014, 06:48 PM
I object to all the cars. I think if you haven't put at least 9,000 miles on the car this year already you're out. Feel free to just go ahead and send all those trophies to me, I'll even take the auto trophies. :)

derek072887
08-29-2014, 07:17 PM
nope auto trophies are mine, sitting right at 9k miles this year as well

AutoMods
08-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Maybe you should outlaw after market exhaust systems.. That way people with real street cars have a chance against all these modified race cars.

race is designed for cars like your g8. not entering?

Scott
09-02-2014, 10:09 AM
race is designed for cars like your g8. not entering?

I actually wont even be there, I forgot its the same day as IMCA Supernationals.

But no I really dont any intention of racing my stock G8 LOL

I was going to bring the stang out for some T+T passes since I planned on being there but nothing ever seems to work out

oVa-Boost
09-02-2014, 12:22 PM
ima try to make it out to this wont be racing this year need to get my pile tuned.

Phish
09-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Did we ever get a list of who has registered already?

JustaGT
09-03-2014, 09:15 AM
entries are here

There ya go

AutoMods
09-03-2014, 09:28 AM

u going to make it?

Phish
09-03-2014, 10:25 AM
I will have the car together yes, not sure If I will have the funds to trailer it up and register it to run and all that jazz. If someone will trailer my car and pay all my gas/fees, I will give them the payout when I win ;-)

Phish
09-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Speaking of, is tech going to be lax for this thing? If I do decide to enter, I don't want to get booted first round

Newgen
09-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Speaking of, is tech going to be lax for this thing? If I do decide to enter, I don't want to get booted first round

Sorta worried about the same thing. I did get a loop installed at least.

Batwood
09-03-2014, 11:23 AM
My safety equipment includes a helmet and factory seat belts.
I should probably fix that. :/

StreetSweeper
09-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Sorta worried about the same thing. I did get a loop installed at least.

You will be fine! They are IHRA now which is way more lax and the new owners are not looking to turn cars away so as long as you are not a moron you should be fine.

slow94formula
09-03-2014, 04:25 PM
I've been thinking about coming down and entering this, but also have a friend that in no way fits into either category that is wondering if test and tune will be open on Saturday along with this event.

StreetSweeper
09-03-2014, 04:57 PM
I've been thinking about coming down and entering this, but also have a friend that in no way fits into either category that is wondering if test and tune will be open on Saturday along with this event.
U can test any given day at CFR as long as U tell them that's what u want at the gate. They will tell you what lane they will run u in.

slow94formula
09-04-2014, 07:39 AM
Figured so, just wanted to triple check. If I decide to enter this and pay at the track do I need to pre register in the google docs thing or can I just show up and pay the money to get in?

AutoMods
09-04-2014, 08:46 AM
Figured so, just wanted to triple check. If I decide to enter this and pay at the track do I need to pre register in the google docs thing or can I just show up and pay the money to get in?

you can just show up but it would help if you filled out the online form for us ahead of time, even if you back out. Its also $20 to pay ahead of time but $35 if you pay at the track

Crazy Legs
09-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Can't wait!!! I of course won't be racing but I'll be there helping a buddy with his Slowmaro :)

Batwood
09-04-2014, 11:13 AM
you can just show up but it would help if you filled out the online form for us ahead of time, even if you back out. Its also $20 to pay ahead of time but $35 if you pay at the track

To clarify, if we paid online, do we have to pay at the track for a tech card? I can't remember last year

derek072887
09-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Yep, the $20 entry fee you have paid covers the event not track tech card and entrance fee.

StreetSweeper
09-04-2014, 11:28 AM
Yep, the $20 entry fee you have paid covers the event not track tech card and entrance fee.
Holy shit so this is going to be a $60 total buy in then? What's the payout $600?

derek072887
09-04-2014, 11:37 AM
George its the same every year, shut up already with the bitching.

StreetSweeper
09-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Bahahaha!! I had to lol.. Honestly I could care less about the cost.

Clinical
09-04-2014, 01:19 PM
who wants my spot at a discount? I can't run in it! DSM problems :)

slow94formula
09-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Registered and sent money.

czarcasm
09-05-2014, 01:33 AM
Clinical. I have a guy that might want in on your spot, white s14 with a 2jz. Can't miss it

derek072887
09-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Clinical. I have a guy that might want in on your spot, white s14 with a 2jz. Can't miss it

have him sign up to the forum if he wants, or at least have him register his car here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dDZIZERWUWxlMk5FTmxvSVVqSHVZY1E6MA

AutoMods
09-05-2014, 12:19 PM
I have a late exemption request coming in.

George/streetsweeper is missing 4 of the rules instead of the 3 allowed for the auto class. You can express your opinion here or message me. If I don't have any objections by 7pm tonight I'll let him have his 4 exemptions.

He is missing wipers, hvac, dot tires and has a spool

c_mart_28
09-05-2014, 01:43 PM
He's good.

Clinical
09-05-2014, 02:09 PM

George/streetsweeper is missing 4 of the rules instead of the 3 allowed for the auto class. You can express your opinion here or message me. If I don't have any objections by 7pm tonight I'll let him have his 4 exemptions.

Nope, ban...

Just kidding, I want to see his car run.

LS1NOVA
09-05-2014, 02:11 PM
No problem here!

Batwood
09-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Give him a squeegee for his wipers and turn him loose.
My wipers work but I might have lost the arms. Hopefully they are in the garage

Clinical
09-05-2014, 03:41 PM

Sweet, tell him he can have my spot for 50% off, it's clearance day

StreetSweeper
09-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Sweet, tell him he can have my spot for 50% off, it's clearance day

I wil take that as long as it transfers to auto.

Batwood
09-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Low 70s and no chance of rain. Looking like a great day.

OldSkoolRCR
09-05-2014, 06:56 PM

Ok so I can race also?

Clinical
09-06-2014, 02:27 AM
I wil take that as long as it transfers to auto.
if czar's buddy doesn't take the spot tomorrow, it's all yours ! DSM spot discount of $10 dolla

slow ride
09-06-2014, 07:50 AM
What happened to the car?

Clinical
09-06-2014, 10:00 AM
2nd gear suddenly starting having terrible grinding issues on my trip up to Cedar Falls when I came back from Burlington. It was fine when I left, and I pulled off for gas and it was grinding 2nd badly. No idea what it is, just assuming something let go. I've been being pretty hard on it for a stock trans with this power going through it. Will even grind a bit going into 2nd at idle sometimes. Pulled the case off and checked the input/main shafts for play and the nuts on the end of them since I had the issue with the nut on the end of the input shaft coming loose earlier in the summer. Just putting the car around town a bit until winter probably since the trans is the one thing I don't have funds for right now.

83s10v8
09-29-2014, 01:30 PM
rule change for next year? no sand bagging? if your running 11.90s in testing and then 10.8s in rounds i think that should be illegal... if you run .3 quicker than any of your test rounds you should be Dq'd

Drifte
09-29-2014, 01:34 PM
rule change for next year? no sand bagging? if your running 11.90s in testing and then 10.8s in rounds i think that should be illegal... if you run .3 quicker than any of your test rounds you should be Dq'd

Was that happening this year? I can only remember brent getting faster because his trans slipped through the whole first run.

Newgen
09-29-2014, 03:03 PM
Mine went 4 tenths faster on elimination. It was my 2nd pass behind the wheel though. I definitely wasn't sand bagging though haha.

Batwood
09-30-2014, 10:40 AM
.3 isn't much of a spread for cars that don't race often. The way they paired us was kind of unpredictable anyways... first and last qualifiers set wit the middle of the pack.