PDA

View Full Version : MAM track day

ashanson
06-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Getting the itch to take my new car to the track. Anyone interested in going to a fast friday event in June? Looks like June 20 and 27 are open. Another option is the Find The Line event on June 28-29, I'd be open to this since I wouldn't have to take a Friday off work. Has anyone been to those events? Is it just a normal HPDE with open lapping?

I really wanted to make the MCCI event on July 26th but that's the last day of RAGBRAI so I can't make it.

slow ride
06-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Fast Friday is just open for the most part. Last time I was there with friends we were 90% of the cars there. Like we owned the place which was great for figuring out the car.

Xboosted23X
06-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Once I get my trans and clutch broke in I will be down for some lapping. I know of some other people that would be down to hit up MAM. I'm interested in seeing your car and seeing it run. Are you riding RAGBRAI?

ashanson
06-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Cool, how soon are you thinking? End of June possibly?
Just doing the last two days of RAGBRAI this year: Waverly -> Independence -> Guttenberg.

Ricky
06-07-2014, 10:45 PM
I would like to go and hang out. I can't run my car without a roll bar and hardtop.

JustaGT
06-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Once I get my trans and clutch broke in I will be down for some lapping. I know of some other people that would be down to hit up MAM. I'm interested in seeing your car and seeing it run. Are you riding RAGBRAI?
Get those 500 miles put on the race car this week ricer boy.

ashanson
06-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Wife reminded me that we have a wedding to attend on June 28th, but I can do the fast friday on June 27th if you'll have those break-in miles done by then.

Chase
06-11-2014, 08:04 AM
I'm almost done getting my car back together. How thorough is the tech?

My main concern is a rear mounted battery that is not enclosed, the terminals are covered though.

ashanson
06-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Not sure, I've never been there before. Might be worth calling them and asking.
David, I was talking with Emily about the MAM day that MCCI is hosting at the end of July, she suggested we just do Friday for RAGBRAI and head over to MAM for Saturday, so it looks like I may be able to go after all.

I am almost positive I'm going next Friday, June 27th for the fast friday event @ MAM.

Xboosted23X
06-18-2014, 06:00 PM
Good deal. I'm looking forward to getting out on the track. Just got the alignment today for this weekend. You going to make it?

ashanson
06-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Just registered. We pay in person it looks like?
Edit: I signed up for XP class, after researching online it looks like that is the required class for my car. I'm sure I'll be outclassed with very prepped cars, but oh well.

Xboosted23X
06-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Yeah pay in person. I doubt anyone else will be in that class.

ashanson
06-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Good times yesterday, I'm hooked and can't wait for the next event. Forgot how much fun autox can be, was mostly focusing on HPDE before. You doing any other SCCA autox this season? I can probably make the last three DMVR events at Ankeny, Iowa Speedway, and Adventurland. Might be able to make the Iowa Region event at Marshalltown in September as well. Thinking about signing up for a membership.

Friday @ MAM looks like chance of storms again, I'll have to wait until it gets closer with a more accurate forecast. Don't want to drive in the rain again, the floor around the passenger seat was wet.

Xboosted23X
06-23-2014, 09:18 PM
I should be able to hit all of those events also. The only one that I will miss is when we head to the shootout.
I will be planning on the mustang club at the end of july for MAM.

ashanson
06-26-2014, 04:57 PM
Friend of mine told me about the Solo Pro driving school on August 23rd in Forest City. I think I'm probably going, and there is a regular autox the following day.
After not doing autox for a few years, I think it'll be nice to have a refresher course.