View Full Version : Finally a little dyno action

Phish
05-12-2014, 06:59 AM
To keep this short, made it to the dyno for a tune. Blew out spark at anything over six pounds. Need to change and gap the plugs and I can turn it up to the 15lbs that I had planned. On six pounds of boost I made 501whp and 496 Trq. Not a bad day or a bad number for "low boost".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlRJJ8UM-Zc

86svo9L
05-12-2014, 08:34 AM
That is too bad about the spark blow out. But those are some damn good numbers for the boost you are running!

Sleepy
05-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Car sounds great! The good news is you know the issue and it's a simple fix. Even 500whp has to be a whole lot of fun.

JacobS
05-12-2014, 10:54 AM
ryan better step up his game

slow ride
05-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Going to need a trans swap ;)

Phish
05-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Actually, I already did the trans swap. The driveline is now a PTC converter, Rossler built powerglide, and a chromoly driveshaft from the DSS along with 3.15 gears out back

Scott
05-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Actually, I already did the trans swap. The driveline is now a PTC converter, Rossler built powerglide, and a chromoly driveshaft from the DSS along with 3.15 gears out back

3.15 and a powerglide, you might not need 2nd gear at the track.

slow ride
05-12-2014, 11:45 AM
No No I was talking about Ryan haha. Car looks great man!

Phish
05-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Thanks guys. Its a blast on just six pounds. The turbo comes on crazy quick and the long gears of the glide makes the car feels like it
.pulls on forever.

oVa-Boost
05-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Nice to see that lq4 doing good for ya nice #s

Sunny Z
05-13-2014, 07:34 AM
I can attest. We rolled around for a little bit, and even on the 4# the car was making, I'd easily say it was mid 10's. Going to be a runner for sure.

AutoMods
05-13-2014, 08:45 AM
congrats. I'd like to see where that comp turbo maxes out. go back to the dyno @ 25psi :aargh4:

Phish
05-13-2014, 09:25 AM
You provide the parts to build the motor and I will provide the chasis and turbo for the 25PSI test :-) When I gave Josey a ride, I could not figure out whey it was only building 4lbs. However, it still felt decent. Last night I got the boost lined out, now its a consistent 6-7lbs. I also got my headlights fixed as well. For some reason when trying to go out the night after the car got tuned, my lights would not turn on. I traced it down to a wire that was broken off at the relay for the lights. All good to go now on that front as well. Ryan stated that he thought the car would do somewhere in the ball park of 750 whp when I turned it up to 15lbs. I can see it somewhere around there. I am not sure I will make it that high, but just a tick over 700whp should be achievable. Tonight I will pick up the new plugs. Hope fully I can get them swapped out in a couple hours. From there its figuring out why the voltage is low throughout the car. The next step would be turn up the controller and do some email tuning. This thing is going to be outrageous on 15lbs. Should be enough to get me in the top 15 of the fastest cars on this site (top 40 list) I believe.

Drifte
05-13-2014, 12:48 PM
Is it just a lack of grounds after the swap? Congrats on the dyno numbers too.

derek072887
05-13-2014, 01:06 PM
You provide the parts to build the motor and I will provide the chasis and turbo for the 25PSI test :-) When I gave Josey a ride, I could not figure out whey it was only building 4lbs. However, it still felt decent. Last night I got the boost lined out, now its a consistent 6-7lbs. I also got my headlights fixed as well. For some reason when trying to go out the night after the car got tuned, my lights would not turn on. I traced it down to a wire that was broken off at the relay for the lights. All good to go now on that front as well. Ryan stated that he thought the car would do somewhere in the ball park of 750 whp when I turned it up to 15lbs. I can see it somewhere around there. I am not sure I will make it that high, but just a tick over 700whp should be achievable. Tonight I will pick up the new plugs. Hope fully I can get them swapped out in a couple hours. From there its figuring out why the voltage is low throughout the car. The next step would be turn up the controller and do some email tuning. This thing is going to be outrageous on 15lbs. Should be enough to get me in the top 15 of the fastest cars on this site (top 40 list) I believe.

what do you use to datalog to do the email tuning?

Phish
05-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Honestly, it could be many things. I think its the actual Alt though. I remember it producing excellent voltage. Then to help out Brandi I took mine off and let her use it to trouble shoot. She offered to buy me a new one if I just let her keep mine installed. We did that, I went to parts store and picked up a new alt and ever since I installed it its always put out around 12.7. The old one I would see 14.1 or 13.7 usually. I never thought anything of it and just let it be. I know the alts were exactly the same though. I bought both new for a 2000 chvy 1500. However, I am going to try to see if its a grounding issue first. then maybe check out the wiring to the alt. Make sure the resister is still good in the wiring and all that jazz. lastly I will buy a new alt and see if that does it. Might try trouble shooting it with Brandi's if she will let me ;-)

Phish
05-13-2014, 01:08 PM
We use HP Tuners to tune with. I am licensed to Andy's cable. So he comes over and I let him and Ryan hash it all out.