PDA

View Full Version : franzen vonk 3

fast mf
02-12-2014, 03:13 PM
This is marty franzen talked to steve vonk couple weeks ago he just got his new motor in and is looking forward to some street racing this summer I told him he didnt have to look far the camero is ready for revenge have a new mopar that might give him a good run also cum on weather I cant wait for some racing its only been a decade ya know

steve
02-13-2014, 05:52 PM
10/10 sentence structure.

derek072887
02-13-2014, 06:46 PM
welcome? post up some pics of the cars, I see you have a couple big cube blown cars

FiFdYnUtZ
02-13-2014, 07:21 PM
Wtf did he say, and who is steve?

Deimos
02-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Maybe just a couple people trying to troll the site,

Sleepy
02-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Big names from Des Moines. Not that I know either one, just remember hearing about them back in the day. He posted on ds.net and I directed him over here since ds is dead :(

Chase
02-14-2014, 07:50 AM
cum and come are very different words.

Deimos
02-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Maybe he meant it that way

JustinS
02-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Big names from Des Moines. Not that I know either one, just remember hearing about them back in the day. He posted on ds.net and I directed him over here since ds is dead :(

No idea why they keep paying hosting fees for ds.net...... place is a ghost town.

red 95
02-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Wtf did he say, and who is steve?

Steves car is Ratzilla

fast mf
02-16-2014, 04:09 PM
Looking forward to some good street racing this summer I know of a few real fast cars lookin to come out and play this. I had the camero out this fall first run on new motor bent a valve maybe to many cocktails or wrong cam design. My motor is at machine shop now getting redone with new Jessel valve train then on to the dyno I will post dyno numbers when done thinking I can hook 1350 we will see

Deimos
02-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Looking forward to some good street racing this summer I know of a few real fast cars lookin to come out and play this. I had the camero out this fall first run on new motor bent a valve maybe to many cocktails or wrong cam design. My motor is at machine shop now getting redone with new Jessel valve train then on to the dyno I will post dyno numbers when done thinking I can hook 1350 we will see

Got ride pics?

fast mf
02-16-2014, 06:59 PM

Deimos
02-16-2014, 07:03 PM
BEA... Utiful!!!

fast mf
02-16-2014, 07:14 PM
Thanks just bought my camero back this fall from a friend who was building the motor and puttin the car back together I was dealing on the roadrunner incase we wasnt going to come to terms but as soon as he fired the engine for the first time I bought it back the next day called the roadrunner guy told him I was no longer interested in car he called back two days latter and dropped the price so low I couldnt resist so if anyone is looking the roadrunner is for sale

Deimos
02-16-2014, 07:16 PM
Price? I know a few old duffers looking.

fast mf
02-16-2014, 07:26 PM
$20000 all new neve4 fired pro built aftermarket mopar performance block all roller 871 moonyham sent off to bds dry sump all the best parts over 24 in motor alone new paint and backhalf chassy by t and w race cars all rust free would make someone a wicked race car or street killer

AutoMods
02-16-2014, 11:59 PM

wow, looks like those mean business

RedRocketZ28
02-17-2014, 08:07 AM
As a fellow CamAro owner, please spell it correctly. Nice car though!

sparkles
02-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Marty Franzen. There's a name that hasn't been around for a while. There was a tinner from Wycoff on my job this week and your name got brought up. All I know is this summer is going to be interesting if half of the things that people say are gonna happen actually do.

fast mf
02-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Ya I have high hopes for this summer I haven't paid much attention but I have been told the street race scene has been gone for a long time. I know some friends with some really fast cars that are ready for some action. I would love to see some racing like the old days , ya never have ya ask twice to get me to race. On this site I see a bunch of supposed 5sec mustangs I wonder if any will show up for race day I love smoking mustangs

Scott
02-21-2014, 06:58 AM
Ya I have high hopes for this summer I haven't paid much attention but I have been told the street race scene has been gone for a long time. I know some friends with some really fast cars that are ready for some action. I would love to see some racing like the old days , ya never have ya ask twice to get me to race. On this site I see a bunch of supposed 5sec mustangs I wonder if any will show up for race day I love smoking mustangs

The fast guys around here race the 10.5 tire series at Cedar Falls and Eddyville right in your backyard.. I have a mustang with a little pump gas 351 in it, but being your running huge steam roller tires on a back half car with a blown big block Im not sure thats a fair race.. how much is it worth for you to find out?

fast mf
02-21-2014, 09:11 AM
Hey scott thats what im talkin about way to step up I just like to street race and would love the chance to race ya for fun or money just wana keep it friendly but I will run ya for as much as ya want to but ya might want to ask around the camaro is no slouch

Scott
02-21-2014, 09:21 AM
Hey scott thats what im talkin about way to step up I just like to street race and would love the chance to race ya for fun or money just wana keep it friendly but I will run ya for as much as ya want to but ya might want to ask around the camaro is no slouch

Only thing Im worried about is your tires, Im sitting on 28x10.5's or 275 DOT street radials. Id be willing to throw down some blind $$ at the track but the street is a different story, going to have a hard time finding a race with those steam rollers on the back. All the old school pro-street cars like that dont show up anymore. Small tires is about all you find around here

fast mf
02-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Ya I used to take the car out of state to find street races raced in topeka and chicago you will probably see me at eddyville a few friday nights but cage isnt certified so they let me run a few times usually but I get my thrills on a good street race thars what I have the car set up for and there will big some big tire cars out this summer I know of a hand full dont know if you know vonk with ratzilla or not but we usally draw a good crowd ya need to come watch bring your car lets bring some street racing back to des moines

snickerlicker
02-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Big HP needs to come out of retirement for this.

StreetSweeper
02-21-2014, 10:23 AM
I'll take everything in drag racing from your promod !

fast mf
02-21-2014, 10:24 AM
Vonk hasnt had a challenge in over ten years since our last race our engine builder al parker built a street car for this summer 600 inch alum motor in a 67 nova should be wicked fast my buddy brian just bought a pro charger for his 427 cobra and another buddy chad just put together a blown small block monza then theres franks blown corvett he told me hes going with mechanical injection this year and I know of a few others we just need to find some good spots to run and keep the imports away

Scott
02-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Vonk hasnt had a challenge in over ten years since our last race our engine builder al parker built a street car for this summer 600 inch alum motor in a 67 nova should be wicked fast my buddy brian just bought a pro charger for his 427 cobra and another buddy chad just put together a blown small block monza then theres franks blown corvett he told me hes going with mechanical injection this year and I know of a few others we just need to find some good spots to run and keep the imports away

Come spring time Im sure you can find some races, Im definitely not putting in street jets and hauling that far for a quick street race for free

snickerlicker
02-21-2014, 11:38 AM
I'll take everything in drag racing from your promod !

Truth!

JacobS
02-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Big HP needs to come out of retirement for this.
i second this.