PDA

View Full Version : Nappin' on the Job

SledgeWS6
02-07-2014, 08:12 AM
I'll just leave this here:
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Man-Claims-Photo-Shows-Sleeping-Anamosa-Officer-244154221.html

Domestic Disturbance
02-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Not as big of a deal as people want it to be. cops have been taking naps since forever. they usually alternate shifts so if someone needs a power nap, posting up isn't a big deal unless its for way too long

SledgeWS6
02-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Not as big of a deal as people want it to be. cops have been taking naps since forever. they usually alternate shifts so if someone needs a power nap, posting up isn't a big deal unless its for way too long

My understanding is it was taken at 4:30am, an hour before his shift ended. That wouldn't have been lunch. He was also out for quite some time, hidden between buildings.

AutoMods
02-09-2014, 10:39 AM

it may be a bit blown up. just depends on the circumstances. its worse if he was hiding. did he have someone cover him? has he done it more then once? how long? etc

my wife works overnight at the hospital and sometimes someone just can't stay awake or doesn't feel the best and someone will cover for them for an hour or two and they will go take a nap.

from what i understand its pretty common at john deere for people to sneak away and nap on the clock. some people to it every day. i would put an end to it if i was in charge though.

derek072887
02-09-2014, 12:12 PM
it may be a bit blown up. just depends on the circumstances. its worse if he was hiding. did he have someone cover him? has he done it more then once? how long? etc

my wife works overnight at the hospital and sometimes someone just can't stay awake or doesn't feel the best and someone will cover for them for an hour or two and they will go take a nap.

from what i understand its pretty common at john deere for people to sneak away and nap on the clock. some people to it every day. i would put an end to it if i was in charge though.

i'm gonna need an hour nap time added to my daily schedule, on the clock of course

Domestic Disturbance
02-09-2014, 11:07 PM
Still rather this than a tired grumpy cop possibly lacking clarity. Obviously if he sleeps a couple hours every shift that would be an issue

Fiero
02-10-2014, 04:54 PM
A cop told me that a lot of the newer guys get stuck working crazy hours. He had about 4 hours left on an 18 hour shift at 4 am when he told me this...

skipdownstairs
02-12-2014, 07:50 AM
hate to be the guy that found him sleeping lol

Snoclo
02-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Don't know how many of you have worked 2nd or 3rd shift? 12 hour shifts for many consecutive days, naps should not be scrutinized over health & safety. Not sure what the guy that turned in video was hoping to really gain from it, public service?, got 1 on da' man?