PDA

View Full Version : Tristate Raceway Exciting Changes

skipdownstairs
02-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Just got off the phone this morning with Bill Cassil At Tristate Raceway, it's official sometime in March the track will ground and surfaced. Accommodating the new surface, Reed Kuhlman (Track Owner) is building a special new drag like they use on National event tracks to prep the track.

Im pretty sure after this this place will be called House Of Hook!

AutoMods
02-06-2014, 09:42 AM
Any idea on when the track will be ready?

skipdownstairs
02-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Tri-State's Race season will be on a normal schedule and should be up soon along with our Iowa Outlaw Small Tire Shootout dates. We will be having 3 races this year for sure and two of those dates will be at Tristate Raceway. One in early June one towards the end of September and tentative on the 3rd race day which could be at Cedarfalls Raceway. We thought having our third Outlaw race along with the forums race day was a great success last season and we should try to plan to have it on the same day. Nice getting everyone together!!

JacobS
02-06-2014, 01:37 PM
are they grinding off the old rubber, or the actual concrete surface?

skipdownstairs
02-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Removing the rubber is called scraping. They are grinding the concrete surface the current concrete surface texture is to ruff

JacobS
02-06-2014, 01:51 PM
oh ok, sweet! glad to hear they are actually doing something with that track.

Snoclo
02-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Its good there wanting to stay ahead of the surface issue. Always wondered why they don't try to promote that track more. Also lights, big expense I know, if they promote it though.

93stang5oh
02-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Its good there wanting to stay ahead of the surface issue. Always wondered why they don't try to promote that track more. Also lights, big expense I know, if they promote it though.

I believe the owner promised the local community that he would not put up lights or have night racing, nothing really to do with expense.

StreetSweeper
02-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Reed has plenty of money, he don't need to promote or have night races. I have actually heard the " This shit don't need to be going on at night comment before" lol That place is just a hobby for a Drag racing lover.

Snoclo
02-07-2014, 02:41 PM
That's a shame, always liked nite races better. At this point all I can be is envious of those that have $$$$$$$ to have a hobby dragstrip, potentially the nicest in the Midwest aside from Topeka.
Reed has plenty of money, he don't need to promote or have night races. I have actually heard the " This shit don't need to be going on at night comment before" lol That place is just a hobby for a Drag racing lover.