PDA

View Full Version : Free Mauricio

AutoMods
01-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Thought I would relay a couple messages in case anyone missed it

Hey everybody some of you may or may not know, but Mauricio Campos has been locked up since New Years Eve. He's going to need a lawyer if he even wants a fighting chance to get out. We are asking for $20 donations from each of Mauricio's friends. Of course, ANY amount would be GREATLY appreciated. All donations WILL go directly to getting Mauricio a lawyer asap.

Donations may be sent online via PayPal to: Savanna.Charleston@gmail.com

We really need a big push with this fundraiser if we even want a fighting chance at getting him out or keeping him here in the states for that matter. I know none of us wants to see our friend deported or even stuck in jail!

Thanks in advance for anything you can do to help! Even dropping off just $10 or sending it through PayPal would be super helpful at this point.

Thanks again.

Savanna Charleston (https://www.facebook.com/honeyluv)

Just to let people know what's going on with Mauricio he had court on 1/16/2014 and was denied bond by an immigration judge. His next court date is 2/03/14 at which time he will need to be represented by an attorney to request his release by bond if an attorney is not there to represent Mauricio at that time the court will take it as him waiving his right and will keep him locked up for the duration of his deportation hearings . As of today Monday I'm helping his mom Lillian set up a deposit for an attorney some of the money being used for the attorney was gathered at the previous benefit at La cantina. I've talked to Mauricio and he's in good spirits but just wants to get out as you can imagine. But he wants to thank everybody for their friendship and their support the rest of the money raised will go toward the rest of the attorney fees and towards his bond to release him if you have any questions feel free to inbox me and his mom thanks you all and appreciates all your doing. God Bless. Please keep Mauricio and his family in your prayers at this time. Thank you

StreetSweeper
01-22-2014, 11:52 AM
This is crap. They need to let the Damn SORTARECIAN OUT! So what if he got a little drunk and drove, we have all done it. at least he has a job and is a upstanding person.

FiFdYnUtZ
01-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Upstanding person but apparently not an upstanding CITIZEN lol

stangvortech
01-22-2014, 07:46 PM
i was at la cantia that night and donated. hope it all works out for him.

SledgeWS6
01-22-2014, 09:18 PM
I hope it all works out for him, such a fun dude to be around. Damn shame about the circumstances.

civicex_1134
01-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Fun fact..... Bieber was recently arrested for drag racing and DUI. Hes NOT a us citizen, and is only here on visa. Anyway, they were threatening to have him deported. But lawyers stepped up and pointed at the immigration law and it reads that the only way one can get deported is if the crime involves an act of violence and/or holds at least a 1 year sentence.

Scott
01-24-2014, 06:26 AM
What does he have to do to be a actual citizen? Im assuming just throwing money at a lawyer to help him in court cant get him there

SledgeWS6
01-24-2014, 07:19 AM
Fun fact..... Bieber was recently arrested for drag racing and DUI. Hes NOT a us citizen, and is only here on visa.

It's still up to the judge's discretion. One could easily argue based on the circumstances his actions could have endangered others, IE: Reckless Driving. While the first DUI is a misdemeanor, this is Iowa, not Florida. On the surface, our tolerance towards such circumstances are not nearly as loose as that state.

I don't know the exact facts of this case nor do I want to imply anything, but on the surface, it seems something else may be going on if bond was denied in the initial hearing. I hope it all turns out for Maurico. He is one heck of a guy who I enjoy talking with greatly and always hope I run into when I'm in town.

Edit: Justin Bieber didn't have drag racing charges, that was merely here-say. According to his court appearance, he was driving with an expired license.

Domestic Disturbance
01-28-2014, 12:13 AM
i was at la cantia that night and donated. hope it all works out for him.

did I miss something? I saw an event but didn't realized and came and went already. Super bummer though