View Full Version : 1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo

sLoWnStEaDy
01-05-2014, 09:54 AM
1996*
Jeep
Grand Cherokee Laredo
4.0 inline 6 cylinder
automatic transmission
selectable Four Wheel Drive (2wd, part-time 4wd, full-time 4wd, 4-Lo)
120k miles on drivetrain
275k on chassis (it's really clean)
Power locks w/keyless entry
power windows
power seat
cd player
anti-lock brakes (fully functional, no issues)
3" lift
new +3" length shocks
31" tires on nice aluminum wheels
Tow package

Gave it a quick tune-up and oil change about 1k miles ago. I put 100-300 miles on it a week and it's never given me any issues. It does have some little "issues" such as the rear hatch shocks are shot, passenger front window glass needs glued back to the track deal... speakers are crap, has some little home audio speakers in the back. LOL

It's listed on CL for $1600, I'll cut the BS and just tell you $1200 is my bottom dollar.

AutoMods
01-05-2014, 11:28 AM
have the lug nuts all been torqued ?

sLoWnStEaDy
01-05-2014, 11:51 AM
LOL... I check them daily now. Apparently I pissed off someone's boyfriend, after that, I had a couple tires slashed and windows broken. That's all been dealt with now though so, no worries.

I'd like to try and keep this thread clean if we could, business only. ;-)

sLoWnStEaDy
01-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Well this happened today and then it sold a few hours later. Apparently broken Jeeps are more desirable...?

AutoMods
01-06-2014, 02:41 PM
someone come and haul that away in this cold?

sLoWnStEaDy
01-06-2014, 02:48 PM
It still runs and drives exactly as it did before... no idea what happened, I was cruising down to Iowa City at 70mph~ and started getting a BAD vibration so I pulled over to check it out. The front shaft u-joint was a little wobbly but I said screw it and took off again. Got to about 40mph, big thunk, vibration was gone and everything seemed fine. Then I seen that.

Still got a grand out of it so I cant complain, saves me $150 for a t-case and a couple hours of work so, im happy. Now I habe to put a trans in my silverado and an engine in my Blazer though. LOL Blazer build is about to start and once that's done, I can get my to my personal turbo LS build that will probably never be more than a roller and a drivetrain sitting in my garage.

derek072887
01-06-2014, 03:11 PM
that will probably never be more than a roller and a drivetrain sitting in my garage.

well whats new?

sLoWnStEaDy
01-06-2014, 03:25 PM
LOL it's a turbo LS just stting there this time. ;-)

I've actually been doing quite well!! In the last few years, I've finished all but two projects. The Mach One (total Bondo queen, wasn't worth it) and my International S-120 patina rod because it was a project me and my ex were doing and when we split, I got rid of it. That literally just needed a drive shaft made and the brakes finished up. Drivetrain made it's way into a Torino over in the QC's though so, it lives on. The truck is actually a flower bed/lawn decoration for some rich old ladies entry way at her giant ass house in the country. :'(

It's easy for you to finish your "projects" when your project is washing someone else's car or watching a third person tune someone else's car. :-D

sparkles
01-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Oh Snap!

Snowman
01-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Glad I waited a day or two. I literally pulled the cash out of my bank today in anticipation of calling you about this tonight. This would have gone to my Daughter, so I'm kinda glad I waited.

Glad you got it sold though!

sLoWnStEaDy
01-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I'm VERY happy it happened before I sold it!! Although I usually give a week warranty type of deal, they buy the parts and I do the labor for free on anything other than normal wear/tear. I always worry about something like this happening shortly after a sale, never know what kind of crazy someone is until they shown up at your house. LOL

AutoMods
01-06-2014, 09:58 PM
This would have gone to my Daughter, so I'm kinda glad I waited.

is your daughter a mechanic or like walking when its 20 below ?

Snowman
01-07-2014, 12:08 AM
is your daughter a mechanic or like walking when its 20 below ?

I don't understand what you're getting at here.

AutoMods
01-07-2014, 03:46 PM
I don't understand what you're getting at here.

slownsteady's shit is going to break down on you is what i'm getting at. just joking though.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-07-2014, 07:21 PM
I appreciate the "Just Joking" part, I was wondering where that was going ^-^... I can take shit, and I definitely do but I'm insanely honest, cautious and particular about the vehicles I sell. Furthermore, anything I post on HERE, is exactly as described!! ;-) Hell, I gave the guy $600 for something that costs $150 and takes maybe 2-3 hours to replace.