PDA

View Full Version : looking for DSM 6bolt Block / 1g AWD transmission

Clinical
12-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Well I don't think I'm going to sell either of my bikes during the winter for what I want so I've sourced a potential 1g shell and might be picking it up soon as I finish my UNI finals.
I'll be needing a block (do not need head but will take a full longblock if I can) and a trans. Don't mind if the block needs rebuilt, but would like the trans to be good since I don't really have money without selling my bikes to send a trans off for a rebuild.

Also if anyone has any leftover DSM parts let me know. I'm just going for a simple setup - mid 12's and I'll be happy for a fun street car.

Anyway, I know its a long shot since the days of the DSMers here are long gone but figured I'd give it a shot.

Xboosted23X
12-09-2013, 10:33 PM
I text Brent for ya. he might have something laying around.

Clinical
12-10-2013, 10:11 AM
I appreciate it, still isn't a sure thing on this shell but if it goes through I just want to have something lined up so I can start working on it over winter break

slo4cyl
12-10-2013, 10:23 AM
I have a 94 awd Trans that worked great in my car before I got my jacks. Let me know if you end up needing it

skipdownstairs
12-10-2013, 01:48 PM
I have a set of crower connecting rods for a 6 bolt and 3 JE 10:1 pistons 150.00 for all of it Have a couple blocks you can have if you buy the rods and pistons ill check tonight if I still have them

Clinical
12-10-2013, 06:45 PM
how much for the trans Brent? I might see about picking that up one way or another even if I get a complete car. I'd like to try my hand at hand-building a DSM trans. Buddy did it so I imagine with enough caution and swearing I could do it.

Definitely will come to you in that case Andy if I get this shell. Not sure i'll use the pistons but I imagine you don't want to bother separating and if the rods are good that's worth $150 enough especially if its coming with the block(s).

skipdownstairs
12-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Yeah its all good stuff have alot of odds and ends dsm stuff you guys can have as well

slo4cyl
12-13-2013, 12:54 PM
how much for the trans Brent? I might see about picking that up one way or another even if I get a complete car. I'd like to try my hand at hand-building a DSM trans. Buddy did it so I imagine with enough caution and swearing I could do it.

$300 and you pick it up fair?

Clinical
12-13-2013, 11:13 PM
sounds good, I'm calling the guy Wednesday to figure out if I'm going to pick it up for sure or not and if so I'll definitely be picking it up