PDA

View Full Version : Winter plans anybody?

JacobS
12-02-2013, 02:19 PM
i know other people have mods theyre doing this winter besides eddyb, so whats everyone doing? any sweet spoilers or body kits this year? haha

Xboosted23X
12-02-2013, 05:07 PM
I'm planning on rebuilding the trans, fixing the clutch issue for sure. Adding a oil cooler and running brake ducts. I'm thinking about doing a home brew aero to help with down force. I would like to do a wire tuck but I really hate wiring. Maybe some other things also.

86svo9L
12-02-2013, 05:25 PM
I am "Modding" my basement over the winter. Convinced my Dad to help me build a Wet Bar for Christmas.

Tiling about 7ft out from the end wall then building the wet bar on top of the tile. Carpet should be getting installed here in the next week or so for the other 1100 sq ft.

Phish
12-02-2013, 06:00 PM
The Rx7 is in pieces. It got a wire tuck in the engine bay and is getting a turbo kit fabbed up and installed along with swapping Top ends. I have a stock bottom LQ4 still but now it has a LS3 topend along with a Comp Turbo CT43 8079 turbo. Top end is on now, new catch can is installed. Working on building a new fan shroud to fit the new radiator setup. Quite the large project but progress is being made. Somewhat recent pic of the progress.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee44/Phish806/1127131459a_zps26ec35d7.jpg (http://s232.photobucket.com/user/Phish806/media/1127131459a_zps26ec35d7.jpg.html)

86svo9L
12-02-2013, 06:07 PM
The Rx7 is in pieces. It got a wire tuck in the engine bay and is getting a turbo kit fabbed up and installed along with swapping Top ends. I have a stock bottom LQ4 still but now it has a LS3 topend along with a Comp Turbo CT43 8079 turbo. Top end is on now, new catch can is installed. Working on building a new fan shroud to fit the new radiator setup. Quite the large project but progress is being made. Somewhat recent pic of the progress.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee44/Phish806/1127131459a_zps26ec35d7.jpg (http://s232.photobucket.com/user/Phish806/media/1127131459a_zps26ec35d7.jpg.html)

That looks awesome! Your car should really move out after that is all done!

Phish
12-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the compliment. Its all the little stuff thats killing me. I had to get a new radiator so the outlet and inlet were in the right position. The fans didn't fit so i had to make a new shroud. Installed the catch can. Couldnt figure out a way i liked it with using the stock coil brackets so now i am making new brackets for the coils which will be in the same location just oriented differntly. Changing up the way some things are mounted, mounting the intercooler and getting it mounted.... all this and i still need to build the actual turbo kit. I just hope it all works out in the end and looks/functions well.

AutoMods
12-02-2013, 07:52 PM
phish , who is building the turbo kit?

Phish
12-02-2013, 08:01 PM
I plan on fabbing it up. Nothing to crazy just a stock manifold style hot side. Just went with a CX Racing intercooler. it shouldnt be difficult really. However i dont think i will be able to have a stok manifold and a downpipe going down my passanger side and still be able to keep the lines for the heater core. I am somewhat cramped for space in that area and those two lines may need to go

JustinS
12-02-2013, 08:47 PM
i know other people have mods theyre doing this winter besides eddyb, so whats everyone doing? any sweet spoilers or body kits this year? haha

I'm going to steal your 5.3 and put it in my heep

AutoMods
12-02-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm going to steal your 5.3 and put it in my heep

wat u got?

JustaGT
12-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Pretty minor stuff for me. Different lower pulley to up the boost a bit, JLT intake, and possibly have kurgan tune it in the spring. Other than that my only plans are to have some stuff painted and focus on cleaning the car up a bit.

BCUZ2V
12-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Hopefully get the slow 2v up here to break something so i can do bigger and better things.. Or just sell it and start a new project.. like to do a g body ls swap car.

AutoMods
12-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Pretty minor stuff for me. Different lower pulley to up the boost a bit, JLT intake, and possibly have kurgan tune it in the spring. Other than that my only plans are to have some stuff painted and focus on cleaning the car up a bit.

how many mod motor guys tune their own stuff?

seems like 1/3 of the LS guys do their own tuning but around here seems like everyone uses kurgan for their mod motors

StreetSweeper
12-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Im working on a few things. I would upload pics but for some reason the up loader is being gay and it wont let me place photobucket links.

JustaGT
12-03-2013, 05:59 AM

seems like 1/3 of the LS guys do their own tuning but around here seems like everyone uses kurgan
Im not sure to be honest. Currently my car is tuned by the previous owner and a friend of his out of Dallas, TX who seems to do pretty decent job. I wouldn't mind diving in and learning how to do it myself but I have no where near enough knowledge on tuning and it's tough to beat someone like kurgan who has a great rep. for mod motor tuning

Sunny Z
12-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Not much for me either :33:. New motor, building a terbeaux kit, building new motor mounts, new transmission mount, new frame rails, new diff cradle, a cage, new seats and harnesses, insulation / carpet / headliner, and potentially a spray bar for the transmission. :drive:

It will be a miracle if I get it all done!

skipdownstairs
12-03-2013, 08:08 AM
25.5 cage in the Stang and a power glide. Me lose 25 lbs

AutoMods
12-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Not much for me either :33:. New motor, building a terbeaux kit, building new motor mounts, new transmission mount, new frame rails, new diff cradle, a cage, new seats and harnesses, insulation / carpet / headliner, and potentially a spray bar for the transmission. :drive:

It will be a miracle if I get it all done!

doesn't sound fun. my turbo kit, roll bar, solid rear and forged motor were all done in separate seasons and i still got burned out

90 notch
12-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Switching over to stock suspension so we can fit the 10.5 rules....A lot of work but it will be worth it...Tune it up some more and try and go 5.00's.Steve and Lorenzo.:17:lol

FiFdYnUtZ
12-03-2013, 08:59 AM
I bought a fresh set of plugs and a new tire...gunna see if the stocker will eat for another season

Sunny Z
12-03-2013, 09:32 AM
doesn't sound fun. my turbo kit, roll bar, solid rear and forged motor were all done in separate seasons and i still got burned out

Yeah, I had considered just taking up knitting or something instead.

Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport
12-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Getting motor on the dyno and hope we come out alive! Lol
:biggthumpup:

AutoMods
12-03-2013, 11:22 AM
I need to upgrade to a 10 point cage and parachute, nhra license and anti roll bar, line lock, 2 step, bigger downpipe and mess with suspension . I'm not looking forward to doing any of it. might just relax and street drive it next year.

Scott
12-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Mustang needs new cam profile, re-ring, hone, bearings, soften combustion chambers, chassis cert, renew license. and on the circle car it needs at least new front stub, 2 sets of tires to start off, full set of rims, 4 new spare fenders, new paint job, sponsors.. motorcycle needs new bars, maybe a cam swap in that as well. Take apart the wifes motorcycle and do some custom paint on that. Then I need to find a new project car to keep me busy, I also would love to get a snowmobile and a ice fishing shack!

StreetSweeper
12-03-2013, 11:52 AM
I need to upgrade to a 10 point cage and parachute, nhra license and anti roll bar, line lock, 2 step, bigger downpipe and mess with suspension . I'm not looking forward to doing any of it. might just relax and street drive it next year.

Why would you upgrade to 10pt,and gt a NHRA liscense when you only track it a couple times a year. A lot of wasted money IMO. Not to mention tracks are all IHRA in 14

RedRocketZ28
12-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Bigger turblow, new hotside for the turblow, new downpipe for the turblow, different cam, same stock bottom end junkyard motor, might spend the money on a torque arm, and add another 340 fuel pump. Should be enough to destroy the trans or motor.

snickerlicker
12-03-2013, 05:27 PM
My plans are to drive my car around in the nice 70 degree winter weather down here.

DustinsDuster
12-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Probably not a lot to actually buy for the truck, i'd like to get it tuned right and just up the boost a bit. I realized it really falls on its face around 5-5500rpm, right when it should really be waking up. Going to make sure the ignition and can timing are on, and go from there. I already got the rear narrowed with 4.88 gears, I might get some shims to get the pinion angle right on. Also toying with the idea of swapping to 2" lowering blocks on the back instead of 3", but after picking up Rob's rims, even the 28x9's should fit inside the wheel well.

Like I said, most everything I need is bought; now I just want to make it all work better together.

Aside from the truck, i'd like to get the pushbar mounted and rear windows tinted on the cop car, and now that the in floor heating in my garage is running, i'd like to finish mudding/painting the ceiling, and get the floors coated in epoxy.

c_mart_28
12-04-2013, 11:47 AM
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Going turbo myself.

JacobS
12-04-2013, 01:47 PM
looking forward to seeing that^

83s10v8
12-04-2013, 02:42 PM
im doin a lil something ;)

Clinical
12-04-2013, 02:58 PM
My plan is to keep being an idiot and riding my motorbikes through the winter, and hope one of them sells. If that happens then it's time to go DSM shopping, which I feel like finding a decent priced 1g dsm these days is 20x harder than it was 3-5 years ago.

McKeever
12-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Probably not a lot to actually buy for the truck, i'd like to get it tuned right and just up the boost a bit. I realized it really falls on its face around 5-5500rpm, right when it should really be waking up. Going to make sure the ignition and can timing are on, and go from there. I already got the rear narrowed with 4.88 gears, I might get some shims to get the pinion angle right on. Also toying with the idea of swapping to 2" lowering blocks on the back instead of 3", but after picking up Rob's rims, even the 28x9's should fit inside the wheel well.

Like I said, most everything I need is bought; now I just want to make it all work better together.

Aside from the truck, i'd like to get the pushbar mounted and rear windows tinted on the cop car, and now that the in floor heating in my garage is running, i'd like to finish mudding/painting the ceiling, and get the floors coated in epoxy.

I have some 2" angled lowering blocks I can sell you. pm me if you want them.

JustaGT
12-04-2013, 06:04 PM
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Going turbo myself.
Looking forward to seeing it next year!

Batwood and I may be the only supercharged cobras left... unless he too is going to the dark side :drive:

AutoMods
12-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Looking forward to seeing it next year!

Batwood and I may be the only supercharged cobras left... unless he too is going to the dark side :drive:

I sold something to a guy named Derek last week, he bought Casey's 3.4 lysholm and he also bought and fixed up batwood's old aluminator motor.

And Ben, '8204cobra' on here, has a new supercharger to install also, not sure if i'm allowed to spill the beans. both CR guys

StreetSweeper
12-04-2013, 11:23 PM
I sold something to a guy named Derek last week, he bought Casey's 3.4 lysholm and he also bought and fixed up batwood's old aluminator motor.

And Ben, '8204cobra' on here, has a new supercharger to install also, not sure if i'm allowed to spill the beans. both CR guys

^^ hopefully its a secret and they have money left to gamble when there installed!

FiFdYnUtZ
12-05-2013, 09:23 AM
You mean to tell me that derek is going to try and back his big fuckin mouth up next year?

derek072887
12-05-2013, 10:35 AM
I guess you will have to wait and see...

DustinsDuster
12-06-2013, 06:58 AM
I forgot, I also got a pigtail wiring kit for my T56, gonna wire up the backup lights and try to connect the Trans' VSS to the DSM ECU to hopefully be able to use the launch control and maybe even 2 step on the truck. Here's to trying to make incompatible things work!

93stang5oh
12-06-2013, 08:44 AM
New drag radials, new door actuators and switches, fix surging and rich running issue (done), get heat back in the car (done), and probably get the toothbrush out. :)

strokedlxnotch
12-08-2013, 12:39 PM
my plans are to stay warm this winter lol....ha ha ..I hope to finish up doing my 9" swap and mini tub...

Drifte
12-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Lots of awesome winter plans. Aside from home renovations, I think Trevor and I plan to do a 4" fender well intake on the SS, which also means a custom windshield washer tank to build. I'd like to put e-fans, my vette servo, and re-tune. Depending on money, maybe do a e-cutout before summer hits. Need to order some couplers from Ryan still too.

healthier news, back in the gym. Makes winter a lot more bearable!

But tonight, watching fast 6.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k27/drifte/temporary_zpsa9d7c604.jpg

AutoMods
12-10-2013, 09:55 AM
colton, how does the ss get around in the snow? i could see it having some wider performance oriented tires not being the best for snow.

Drifte
12-10-2013, 10:08 AM
colton, how does the ss get around in the snow? i could see it having some wider performance oriented tires not being the best for snow.
yea, 275's on it I do notice it doesnt get around as well as the Mountaineer. The mountaineer is a full time awd closer to 50/50. The trailblazer is heavily rear biased, and really steps out fast before transferring power to the front. I picked up a set of LTZ wheels with 245/60/18's. But I didnt like the way they handled at all, so putting them back up for sale. I have a blast in it though, going to take some getting used to the slight delay in power transfer. Stability control seems to increase stopping distances, but grabs the brakes hard in any attempt to drift. So thats typically left off.

I thought the ss would do better, so Briannas actually driving the Mountaineer which has tons more traction in the snow with its beefy tires and is very predictable.

Clinical
12-10-2013, 10:20 AM
All you people in your fancy AWD/4x4 vehicles

I'm just up here doing my thing
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1425401_10201961244286448_4320944_o.jpg

AutoMods
12-10-2013, 10:34 AM

is that really your daily driver ? kinda cool. but man that is dangerous, not just with your own driving but your also putting you life in the hands of other women drivers out there that can't drive in the snow.

I've driven my motorcross bike down the highway in the snow and ice and even though the tires are knobby, it really sucked. but i've seen ice racing with studded bike tires and they hook awesome.

Drifte
12-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Yea, its not so much your own skills to worry about. Its a lot of fun to ride in the snow, but people are unpredictable. Or if anything, predictably bad drivers. Dont want to end up like my brother, can have any amount of skills. Not always a way out.

Clinical
12-10-2013, 11:31 AM
is that really your daily driver ? kinda cool. but man that is dangerous, not just with your own driving but your also putting you life in the hands of other women drivers out there that can't drive in the snow.

I've driven my motorcross bike down the highway in the snow and ice and even though the tires are knobby, it really sucked. but i've seen ice racing with studded bike tires and they hook awesome.
It pretty much is. I do have my mazda up here but I'm somewhat addicted to UNI's motorcycle parking.
I ride as long as it isn't just insanely bitter cold, yesterday morning for example it was -21 when I left for class so I took my car for the first time in at least a few weeks. Otherwise I ride the bike.

No doubt I've had more than a fair share of close calls. Even managed to get flipped off by some bitch in a CRV last week because my bike is loud as fuck with no baffles and I pulled up right next to her and key popped it about 5 times after she almost lane changed into me then while texting and driving kept drifting into my lane.

The joys of biking.

The DRZ is definitely a lot better though than the ZZR I rode through last winter was
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et6HD6tsKdo

derek072887
12-10-2013, 11:56 AM
It pretty much is. I do have my mazda up here but I'm somewhat addicted to UNI's motorcycle parking.
I ride as long as it isn't just insanely bitter cold, yesterday morning for example it was -21 when I left for class so I took my car for the first time in at least a few weeks. Otherwise I ride the bike.

No doubt I've had more than a fair share of close calls. Even managed to get flipped off by some bitch in a CRV last week because my bike is loud as fuck with no baffles and I pulled up right next to her and key popped it about 5 times after she almost lane changed into me then while texting and driving kept drifting into my lane.

The joys of biking.

The DRZ is definitely a lot better though than the ZZR I rode through last winter was
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et6HD6tsKdo

This may be rude but that is just plain stupid

Drifte
12-10-2013, 12:00 PM
I rode the r6 on a cold day with a little snow on the ground. IDK if its the view, but you look pretty wobbly, then you were braking in the corner with some slush. Looks like your asking for it!

I'd like to get a dirtbike out in the snow again, pretty fun. Somewhere I have a picture of my back yard riddled with loops and stripes from riding around one afternoon in an inch of snow.

Clinical
12-10-2013, 01:02 PM
This may be rude but that is just plain stupid
probably, but people have done worse things
I enjoy riding way too much to let my bikes sit all through winter

Drifte

I rode the r6 on a cold day with a little snow on the ground. IDK if its the view, but you look pretty wobbly, then you were braking in the corner with some slush. Looks like your asking for it!

I'd like to get a dirtbike out in the snow again, pretty fun. Somewhere I have a picture of my back yard riddled with loops and stripes from riding around one afternoon in an inch of snow.
Might be the view, I actually had a lot less trouble riding the ZZR through the winter that I thought I would but still I feel much more at home with the DRZ

Fiero
12-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Driving my car an collecting parts for my series 2 3.8 swap this summer!

JustinS
12-10-2013, 05:55 PM
yea, 275's on it I do notice it doesnt get around as well as the Mountaineer. The mountaineer is a full time awd closer to 50/50. The trailblazer is heavily rear biased, and really steps out fast before transferring power to the front. I picked up a set of LTZ wheels with 245/60/18's. But I didnt like the way they handled at all, so putting them back up for sale. I have a blast in it though, going to take some getting used to the slight delay in power transfer. Stability control seems to increase stopping distances, but grabs the brakes hard in any attempt to drift. So thats typically left off.

I thought the ss would do better, so Briannas actually driving the Mountaineer which has tons more traction in the snow with its beefy tires and is very predictable.

What tire brand/model do you have? Step up to a winter tire or even an all-season or M/T for the winter and I bet you'd feel a lot better about it.

I'm doing more suspension this winter...and attempting to get stuck somewhere, but it hasn't happened yet.

AutoMods
12-10-2013, 07:54 PM

if i recall, the SS has a true AWD system vs the other base trailblazer, envoy, rainier, saab 9-7x have a wannabe cheap awd system that only engages after a slip.

i was driving down the interstate sunday night and there were several cars in the ditch but for the most part you could drive carefully and be ok. i was driving very conservatively and my "awd" rainier all the sudden lost traction and got sideways at 55mph going uphill. was a bit scary for a second. I think it kicked out just because it was powering the rear wheels. our subaru awd would never have done that.

you can feel the front wheels click and lock in on the Rainier when it slips. its a little clunky and jerky and just not ideal. i was playing a bit in our subaru legacy gt tonight and its awd is just on another level.

JustinS
12-10-2013, 08:16 PM
if i recall, the SS has a true AWD system vs the other base trailblazer, envoy, rainier, saab 9-7x have a wannabe cheap awd system that only engages after a slip.

i was driving down the interstate sunday night and there were several cars in the ditch but for the most part you could drive carefully and be ok. i was driving very conservatively and my "awd" rainier all the sudden lost traction and got sideways at 55mph going uphill. was a bit scary for a second. I think it kicked out just because it was powering the rear wheels. our subaru awd would never have done that.

you can feel the front wheels click and lock in on the Rainier when it slips. its a little clunky and jerky and just not ideal. i was playing a bit in our subaru legacy gt tonight and its awd is just on another level.

I had to travel on Monday for work and the motor-pool car was a Magnum. As the car spun around on me I was cursing the dumbass whoever approved purchasing RWD rental cars in Iowa. If it was a personal car I wouldn't mind....but I don't really feel like explaining why I wrecked a company car at 6am on a Monday morning to the boss.

Drifte
12-11-2013, 08:31 AM
I believe the SS highly rwd biased and adds to the front as needed. It doesnt do the CLUNK and front engages. The auto 4x4 explorers do that and its absolutely terrifying. You go from 100% rwd and if your sliding out you treat it as a rwd drift. Then BANG, fronts engaged and your headed full speed to the apex. And in most cases, that apex is a curb, ditch or light pole.

I know my tires arent great for snow, but Im also being extremely needy. I dont "need" to be able to do 0-60 in 6 seconds, or stop instantly like its a dry road. On the SS right now is Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires. Very good on dry pavement.

AutoMods
12-11-2013, 11:22 AM
I had to travel on Monday for work and the motor-pool car was a Magnum. As the car spun around on me I was cursing the dumbass whoever approved purchasing RWD rental cars in Iowa. If it was a personal car I wouldn't mind....but I don't really feel like explaining why I wrecked a company car at 6am on a Monday morning to the boss.

only way i'd do a rwd sporty car is with dedicated winter tires.

Drifte
12-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Met up last night with a couple lifting buddies. Most ridiculous arm day, ever. Went to jump start a friend today and almost didnt manage to get my hood up. If we can keep that up it will be a productive winter.

Batwood
12-12-2013, 08:19 PM

Tim Barth in Rockford.... Modular Power House. Him and Kurgan basically switched places from Illinois to down south. Tim is the absolute shit unless you want inflated dyno numbers. I'd recommend him to anybody.

My plans have so far included a bottle of E85 stabilizer and a new keyless entry battery. I'd like to get a tubular k-member, control arms, coil overs etc... and a battery re-locate, but its all optional. The fact that I couldn't drive the car to its fullest extent last year really put a damper on my modding plans. Best 60' on a clean pass was a 1.7. I got too caught up in IAF racing to really try and see what my slicks would do the only time I got to use them. I'll probably drop some weight up front and get a shift light and try to get the launch down better. 10.7 on a 1.7 is a joke.

Fiero
12-12-2013, 10:06 PM
only way i'd do a rwd sporty car is with dedicated winter tires.
I drive my mid engine rwd Fiero all winter. I'm pretty sure I have all season's on it. I just have to be a lot more careful when it comes to turning and stopping, but it isn't too bad once you're used to it.

derek072887
12-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Buy a vehicle, with a V8, put some nitrous on it and run it for a year. Turbo hopefully the following winter

Domestic Disturbance
12-14-2013, 12:23 PM
I've got a whole laundry list of things I'd like to get done. EFI live and a lot of maintainence parts for the truck, and possibly an exhaust. Finish tearing apart the SS. I doubt I'll touch the cadillac though but at least I have an engine for it.

As for the honda, coilovers are next. Within the next year I would ideally like to have a GSR or at least a b16 swap in it. Nothing crazy, no turbo or silly monster cams. Just something fun and realiable; thank you sherrmans hatch pre-turbo. Maybe after that get some sway bars, maybe a different set of wheels with a little more traction in mind and have a little go cart. At the end of the day just a nice little clean daily that still would have AC (for some reason swapping an engine in a honda usually merits the reason to dump AC, power steering, etc, for that 200hp race car status). Then a roof rack, type r wing at 90 degrees, ccw classics, slammed on the ground, stretching sidewalls like a baws, litter the whole thing in stickers about v8s and jdm lifestyle, and the loudest exhaust I can find... haha alright that part is bullshit. Its my inner domestic fighting this import urge.

As for riding a bike year round, especially on campus, the words irresponsible and wreckless definitely come to mind (coming from something with zero winter bike experience mind you). Its a free country but that just seems a little excessive. The possibility of someone taking your life whether you are concerned or not really doesn't justify the ordeal it would put the counterpart through, whether it was necessarily their fault or not. Accidents are possible even for the most experienced drivers. Sorry I just had to vent that.

SledgeWS6
12-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Continue to accumulate parts, do nothing with them. I did buy a set of wheels for my cobalt that will be going on in the spring though! I'm either working, or cleaning my house. Other times are spent being a social. No time for Trans Am.

Drifte
12-16-2013, 09:37 AM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1425401_10201961244286448_4320944_o.jpg

dirt bike drifting aftermath

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/155312_616979446799_1298834_n.jpg

JustaGT
12-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Tim Barth in Rockford.... Modular Power House. Him and Kurgan basically switched places from Illinois to down south. Tim is the absolute shit unless you want inflated dyno numbers. I'd recommend him to anybody.

My plans have so far included a bottle of E85 stabilizer and a new keyless entry battery. I'd like to get a tubular k-member, control arms, coil overs etc... and a battery re-locate, but its all optional. The fact that I couldn't drive the car to its fullest extent last year really put a damper on my modding plans. Best 60' on a clean pass was a 1.7. I got too caught up in IAF racing to really try and see what my slicks would do the only time I got to use them. I'll probably drop some weight up front and get a shift light and try to get the launch down better. 10.7 on a 1.7 is a joke.

Ill definitely keep him in mind, thanks! Dyno numbers don't matter to me, its just a number IMO. The tune that is on it is pretty conservative so mostly just looking to get something for nights out or the track where I can push it a little on a tad more boost. From the data logs before I put it away I think I could slap the pulley on a run with it as it sits but I'd feel much safer having someone that knows a lot more about tuning take control. hahaha

Clinical
12-16-2013, 02:18 PM
dirt bike drifting aftermath

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/155312_616979446799_1298834_n.jpg

I need to find some decent places up here to play.
The most I do is hop random curbs and ride stairs. I've had a few offroad adventures back when it was nicer but I'm not sure the places I was riding was entirely legal.

GoPro'd a cold as hell 2 up ride like an hour last Friday. Most of the snow was gone by this point on the roads though it's back now.
Gotta love Russian girls who aren't afraid of our cold!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE7UxkWNWxA

Drifte
12-16-2013, 02:53 PM
I saw that vid on my youtube, and was like, What girl willingly gets on a bike when its cold outside?! Then I saw it was your upload too.

JustaGT
12-20-2013, 08:29 PM
First small winter project complete. Time to move into cleaning the engine bay and the very few actual mods I have planned. Needless to say I am glad the exhaust portion is over...

watman02
12-22-2013, 08:49 PM

seems like 1/3 of the LS guys do their own tuning but around here seems like everyone uses kurgan for their mod motors

I tune my own cars the mach with sct and the Camaro with hptuners.

slo4cyl
01-29-2014, 11:23 PM
gGuess I'll come out of hibernation, recently found out y my car wouldn't run. Getting that taken care of plus a couple more goodies and let her eat in 2014!1670

Clinical
01-29-2014, 11:34 PM
gGuess I'll come out of hibernation, recently found out y my car wouldn't run. Getting that taken care of plus a couple more goodies and let her eat in 2014!1670
still holding true to the whole "pulling your entire car apart every winter" thing I see haha

My goal is to just finally get every issue ironed out of my car so that I can finally put a little money into the whole 'performance' thing and to switch it to E85. It's ready but I'm not quite ready yet, what with this nasty cold I'm pretty sure my car won't like starting on e85 in the mornings.

slo4cyl
01-30-2014, 12:07 AM
still holding true to the whole "pulling your entire car apart every winter" thing I see haha

Not really, I didn't tear it apart last season or bother to start it and that's y I was having the issue I did. Top 2 rings on each piston were seized. Finally got them to move, so a quick hone and rings and bearings should be good as new

sLoWnStEaDy
02-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Nothing anyone here would really be interested in, working on the Blazer. Doing a solid axle swap, throwing some D60's under it... rear disk brake conversion, 54"/60" leaf springs, 36"-38" tires, snorkel, exhaust stacks out the hood, winch, rock sliders, stereo, etc...

JustinS
02-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Nothing anyone here would really be interested in, working on the Blazer. Doing a solid axle swap, throwing some D60's under it... rear disk brake conversion, 54"/60" leaf springs, 36"-38" tires, snorkel, exhaust stacks out the hood, winch, rock sliders, stereo, etc...

I'm interested. Pics.

sLoWnStEaDy
02-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Not a lot to show at this moment. Just yanking the old stuff out and prepping the new axles. I haven't done a build on here in a couple years, Imight throw one up for this. My step-dad bought this brand new off the showroom floor, gave it to my mom a few years back and then I bought it off her for scrap price. I've been driving it on and off for 10 years, I've done all the work on it for just as long. Almost died in it at least twice, lots of memories in this vehicle so it's going to be a lifer.

Been using it for fishing/hunting/off-roading but decided i wanted to do more with it. I'm HOPING to have it done this spring so I can take it to Mudfest/Trucks Gone Wild down in Louisiana but I'm not sure if that will happen. And if it does, I'll definitely be the cheapest/smallest tire rig there! HaHaHa I'm going either way, just dont know if I'll be taking a vehicle.

Anywaaaays... I'll try to start taking more pics but I'm pretty horrible at stopping and taking pics...