PDA

View Full Version : My Gt

BCUZ2V
10-06-2013, 07:40 PM
I traded a old truck for my mustang a few years ago. It was my daily for a while in Missouri. Its still ugly because i dont paint and never got around to throwing money for paint. I soon realized that well 2v are junk but i love mustangs and i like a challenge to make it not fast but faster. It came with a bbk cold air and that was it. Bone stock ran a 15.2 in the quater. I first started by throwing some ngk 6's because i had plans for nitrous. Well 4.10s came next and with that i got really interested in throwing parts at it. I tore the front end off and started doing a full pi swap. Heads, cams, and new intake. While my heads were off i put long tubes on and under drive pulleys. Added all new timing parts, new gaskets etc that comes with tearing the front apart. New radiator, coolant tank, thermo, fans, hoses, blah. After getting all the together, took way too long, i did a shift kit, new u joints, upper and lower rear control arms, lowering springs, new struts and shocks. drove to get exhaust on, had my old exhaust guy build me a new off road x pipe, 2.5 pipe to slp loudmouth 1's and dumped. I got bored and bought a use spray kit and installed that. took out back seat to be in reach of bottle. I haven't sprayed it yet because i moved here and haven't gotten around to bring it here. I did run without it and ran a 13.7, why so slow well it comes to find out i blew a vacuum line before i got to the line. so i could keep it running and could take off at the rpm i wanted too. I believe i have a low 13 car out of the upgrades. The car has been through weld draglites, real cobras, gt500 replicas, and now on some weld wheel i got for cheap. I wanted to put fr500 wheels on it one day. I believe that's it for that car.

86svo9L
10-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a decent setup. Should hit low 13's when in good tune.

Any other plans for it other than to use the nitrous?

Makes me miss my old SN, lol.

BCUZ2V
10-06-2013, 08:22 PM
If i dont sell it in Missouri, i want to make it auto cross car. But thats just a dream plan. I miss it a lot but I think the Iowa police patrols may not like it.

86svo9L
10-06-2013, 08:24 PM
They aren't bad really. There are a lot of fast cars running around. Just so long as your not driving like an idiot they leave well enough alone, unless they are bored of course, lol.

BCUZ2V
10-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Thats what i was hearing. Where are you located at? I am interested in getting out and meeting people. I not a home body and its almost time to close the car season.

watman02
10-06-2013, 08:31 PM
are you running stock cams? what stall are you running

BCUZ2V
10-06-2013, 08:33 PM
are you running stock cams? what stall are you running

Stock pi cams and it has a bama tune that i havent fine tuned yet. Stock stall, stock trans, just shift kit.