PDA

View Full Version : New guy out in DM

slow_boy
10-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Hey everyone what's goin on? Just now figuring out this site even existed lol. From Indy just south of Des Moines, and love to rock the odd ball gm's no one else ever waists the time or money to build lol.
Got an 06 cobalt ss as my dd that I turbo swapped and put the f40 6 speed into, and about to go e85 with it but I just got my other engine back so it'll have to wait a lil longer. My big build is a 00 grand prix Gtp that I'm also turbo swapping but going with a full engine/trans rebuild looking for some big #'s and setting it up for the strip/street... anyone on here ever go downtown dm to "socialize" on the weekends?

derek072887
10-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Welcome, there were a few GTP/Regal guys on here previously (batwood and fifdy) they have both moved to different platforms now but still on the site. Batwood's regal was actually twin charged for a short time.

slow_boy
10-03-2013, 01:16 PM
I thought about the whole twin charging thing but that just seems nightmarish to me tuning wise lol. Any clue what they was doing for #'s? I'm going for 600+ on e85 and a 6766.. prolly not many cobalt guys on here either is there? Seems like jus allot of good ol v8 guys (which is what I prolly shoulda built instead lol)

CiviC_boY
10-03-2013, 05:39 PM
I thought about the whole twin charging thing but that just seems nightmarish to me tuning wise lol. Any clue what they was doing for #'s? I'm going for 600+ on e85 and a 6766.. prolly not many cobalt guys on here either is there? Seems like jus allot of good ol v8 guys (which is what I prolly shoulda built instead lol)

Batwood made 311 to the wheels then went twin charge but could never get it tuned the tranny wouldn't hold and a bad pcm wouldn't allow for a good tune.. i belive.

AutoMods
10-03-2013, 05:53 PM
i don't see how twin charging would make the tuning harder. your computer, map sensor and iat (speed density) and wideband doesn't give two shits if the air is compressed by turbo, supercharger, leaf blower or all 3 put together

but i can see sizing stuff properly, routing and pressure control possibly being a pita

Newgen
10-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Hey fellow dmer. I live on the south side. I use to live in Norwalk. Welcome a board!

slow_boy
10-03-2013, 10:36 PM
yea from what I'm understanding (my theory anyways idk if right or not but hey) is that the eaton m90 that we have on gtp's isn't like a centrifugal supercharger. It don't actually gather the air compress it and shove down and in, it's extremely inefficient and just acts like a big huge retarded fan that's hotter than holy crap and spins up to about 10,000+rpm so when you shoot the compressed cooled air(specially higher up in rpms) past the maf and then hitting the hot retarded fan like supercharger it just spins threw the rotor pack and makes pressure/turbulence issues and messes everything up. Plus everyone I've talked to/seen said it really inhibits the turbo from doin 100% specially up top....

your not by any chance the same supra running around downtown on the weekends are ya? lol

Needless to say the trans went bad in my gtp to about a year and a half ago and that's what sparked this big build lol. I was playing with/building the cobalt too so it got put on hold for a bit, but I jus got the cobalt dyno tuned a lil while ago (362whp 321tq) and she's running strong still so its time to finish my prix lol

Newgen
10-04-2013, 12:36 AM
yea from what I'm understanding (my theory anyways idk if right or not but hey) is that the eaton m90 that we have on gtp's isn't like a centrifugal supercharger. It don't actually gather the air compress it and shove down and in, it's extremely inefficient and just acts like a big huge retarded fan that's hotter than holy crap and spins up to about 10,000+rpm so when you shoot the compressed cooled air(specially higher up in rpms) past the maf and then hitting the hot retarded fan like supercharger it just spins threw the rotor pack and makes pressure/turbulence issues and messes everything up. Plus everyone I've talked to/seen said it really inhibits the turbo from doin 100% specially up top....

your not by any chance the same supra running around downtown on the weekends are ya? lol

Needless to say the trans went bad in my gtp to about a year and a half ago and that's what sparked this big build lol. I was playing with/building the cobalt too so it got put on hold for a bit, but I jus got the cobalt dyno tuned a lil while ago (362whp 321tq) and she's running strong still so its time to finish my prix lol

Theres two of us that look similar. I'm one of them though. My buddies car is Super White. Mines Pearl White.

Sunny Z
10-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Theres two of us that look similar. I'm one of them though. My buddies car is Super White. Mines Pearl White.

Don't church it up Matt, they're both white. :D

Newgen has the big wing. He's compensating for something.

Newgen
10-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Don't church it up Matt, they're both white. :D

Newgen has the big wing. He's compensating for something.

Compensating for all the power I don't have :) lol.

You'd he surprised the amount of people say they have me racing on video. I watch it and its grants car. Makes me laugh.

slow_boy
10-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Would one of those videos be the one where flames shoot out the exhaust? Lol, I've herd some crazy numbers about one of ya but not sure on any truth of it cuz lots of people jus talk without knowing down there... I'm the LOUD boosted black cobalt down there all the time usually with the Orange 350z..

Newgen
10-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Would one of those videos be the one where flames shoot out the exhaust? Lol, I've herd some crazy numbers about one of ya but not sure on any truth of it cuz lots of people jus talk without knowing down there... I'm the LOUD boosted black cobalt down there all the time usually with the Orange 350z..

My car has in the past. I'm not setup on launch control currently. The car doesn't need it. That's probably grants car. Not sure whats considered crazy power. My car has an auto behind it so its going to make funny numbers depending on if the converter locks. It runs decent tho.

slow_boy
10-04-2013, 05:21 PM
I think last I herd was a little over 600whp

Newgen
10-04-2013, 06:32 PM
I think last I herd was a little over 600whp
Its possible. I haven't had it on the dyno yet. Should be taking it before winter

h22apwrd94
10-05-2013, 07:23 PM
I think he may be talking about the recent video of Sean's car on the dyno.

Newgen
10-06-2013, 01:00 AM
I think he may be talking about the recent video of Sean's car on the dyno.
Theres some rumors about what my car makes for power that have been floating around. I've heard anywhere from 600whp to high 700whp lol. I have no idea how they got started.

h22apwrd94
10-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Theres some rumors about what my car makes for power that have been floating around. I've heard anywhere from 600whp to high 700whp lol. I have no idea how they got started.
It is just a stock block, stock turbo, 7M. Can't be that much. :147:

Newgen
10-06-2013, 02:56 PM
It is just a stock block, stock turbo, 7M. Can't be that much. :147:

Just one really bad BHG lol.

1badheadgasket
10-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Would one of those videos be the one where flames shoot out the exhaust?

Lol I missed a gear. ;)

Everyone was nutting all over that video and race, but it was shameful missing that gear. It launched super hard that run tho. Hardest it has launched so far.

Batwood
10-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Batwood made 311 to the wheels then went twin charge but could never get it tuned the tranny wouldn't hold and a bad pcm wouldn't allow for a good tune.. i belive.

Yeah I made 311whp with xp cam and ic. The retards at zzp tuned the carand it actually went slower than before the ic. I figure it made 350whp or so after I got it set up. Then everything went to hell because I wanted to go fast.

Stutz
10-07-2013, 06:45 PM

Here is my junk gtp race car. Welcome to the site