PDA

View Full Version : 358 cu.new sbf kuntz long block

allgo
09-21-2013, 08:21 AM
358 cu kuntz motor extra sets of high port heads ported to match intake, very high dollar build. I have flow sheet for heads, $10,500. This is for a boosted car, bolt on turbo or blower and go VERY VERY fast..

StreetSweeper
09-21-2013, 09:58 PM
:headbang:

Scott
09-23-2013, 07:14 AM
EddyB this is all you man!!

allgo
09-23-2013, 08:02 AM
EddyB this is all you man!!

We tried to tell him..

Scott
09-23-2013, 09:49 AM
We tried to tell him..

not very often you get a opportunity like this, staring him right in the face too. plug and play! maybe a blower swap too

allgo
09-23-2013, 10:19 AM
thats what we tried to tell him..he is what ever blower he picks away from a 7,8,9 second car..ls guys are stupid..lol

Scott
09-23-2013, 10:25 AM
thats what we tried to tell him..he is what ever blower he picks away from a 7,8,9 second car..ls guys are stupid..lol

hahaaa awesome!

This is a good deal, 2 sets of heads cover most of that cost anyway

derek072887
09-23-2013, 10:26 AM
$10.5k plus the price of the blower to run 9's? I think that can be done ALOTTTTT cheaper with an LS motor....

Scott
09-23-2013, 10:33 AM
$10.5k plus the price of the blower to run 9's? I think that can be done ALOTTTTT cheaper with an LS motor....

and Im sure that LS engine will be able to handle 9000+rpm and 2000+ hp over and over again just like this engine?

derek072887
09-23-2013, 10:35 AM
and Im sure that LS engine will be able to handle 9000+rpm and 2000+ hp over and over again just like this engine?

Maybe not but that LS could run 9's all day with way less HP and way less rpm, with no issues. just seems like overkill for EddyB's street car.

AutoMods
09-23-2013, 10:37 AM
even this guy can run 9's with an ls motor

http://automods.com/temp/iaf/junkyard_motor.jpg

eddy b WILL NOT be satisfied with 9's though

Scott
09-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Maybe not but that LS could run 9's all day with way less HP and way less rpm, with no issues. just seems like overkill for EddyB's street car.

Sorry to fuck up your thread allgo, but the fact this engine is a direct replacement for Eddy B saves alot of money already, no need to buy exhaust, trans, mounts, what the hell ever else the ls guys need to swap. Sell the spare heads and his old engine then he has a rock fucking solid power plant that could crank out 7 second timeslips with class, not a crossbred LS mustang blowing rods out in the burnout box.. Not mention he would be done with it in a weekend! No offense to anyone, just sayin

snickerlicker
09-23-2013, 10:52 AM

Hell that engine would probably run 9's without a power adder. If you read it right he said depending on how fast you wanted to go and what blower/turbo you wanted to run, you could go 7's. Or you could go as slow as most LS engine swap cars and run 9's...

derek072887
09-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Hell that engine would probably run 9's without a power adder. If you read it right he said depending on how fast you wanted to go and what blower/turbo you wanted to run, you could go 7's. Or you could go as slow as most LS engine swap cars and run 9's...

actually I think I read it right, he said "he is what ever blower he picks away from a 7,8,9 second car" not "If you read it right he said depending on how fast you wanted to go and what blower/turbo you wanted to run, you could go 7's" lol but either way according to EddyB he isn't putting in a funny car cage so that limits him to an 8.50 anyway. We all know its much cheaper to run that time with an LS especially a sprayed LS

im out, GLWS Allgo

snickerlicker
09-23-2013, 11:21 AM
actually I think I read it right, he said "he is what ever blower he picks away from a 7,8,9 second car" not "If you read it right he said depending on how fast you wanted to go and what blower/turbo you wanted to run, you could go 7's" lol but either way according to EddyB he isn't putting in a funny car cage so that limits him to an 8.50 anyway. We all know its much cheaper to run that time with an LS especially a sprayed LS

im out, GLWS Allgo

Cheaper to to run what time? 7's, 8's, 9's? And yes he said WHATEVER blower he chooses away from being a 7,8, or 9 second car. How is that different from what me saying DEPENDING on what blower you choose? It's not....You throw an s-trim on it you go mid 9's. You throw a gear driven centrifugal and go deep 7's... Take off the LS shades, they are clouding your mind.

StreetSweeper
09-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Sorry to fuck up your thread allgo, but the fact this engine is a direct replacement for Eddy B saves alot of money already, no need to buy exhaust, trans, mounts, what the hell ever else the ls guys need to swap. Sell the spare heads and his old engine then he has a rock fucking solid power plant that could crank out 7 second timeslips with class, not a crossbred LS mustang blowing rods out in the burnout box.. Not mention he would be done with it in a weekend! No offense to anyone, just sayin
LOL, Your about to see a budget swampfox run better then 9s and still have my rods left in the block at the end of the run!

Scott
09-23-2013, 12:19 PM
LOL, Your about to see a budget swampfox run better then 9s and still have my rods left in the block at the end of the run!

I guess what I mean is that this engine is a whole different level, its to the point where the name on the engine doesnt mean anything, chevy, ford, mopar, whatever.. The power level its built for would turn any stock block/crank/rods into scrap no matter what it is. If Eddy bought this, Eddy wouldnt need to buy another engine, probably ever

allgo
09-23-2013, 12:50 PM

ed already has the blower dipshit..this thing will make more power than the almighty ls motor hands down, you could put a fucking a trim blower on this motor and go 9s..

derek072887
09-23-2013, 01:04 PM
ed already has the blower dipshit..this thing will make more power than the almighty ls motor hands down, you could put a fucking a trim blower on this motor and go 9s..

you are right he does have the blower already, he can drop 3k and have a bad ass LS motor buy different brackets for the blower and run 9's.... doesn't really matter what a motor can make for power or run in the quarter mile if the car can't do it without getting kicked out of the track.... It just doesn't seem like a good idea for someone only looking to run mid 8's to spend 10.5k (although im sure you would hook him up) on a motor. But what do I know, you spent 10.5k or more on a motor and didn't even use it

allgo
09-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Ive spent alot more on less for sure..lol BIG POWER COMES AT A HIGH PRICE..I know you dont understand that cause to you big power is 200HP baby..

allgo
09-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Jesus I cant believe I am arguing with a guy who never has raced or owned anything fast..

derek072887
09-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Jesus I cant believe I am arguing with a guy who never has raced or owned anything fast..

:D im not sure why you are arguing either, im just stating that this particular motor will probably be a "little" over kill for the goals that EddyB has made public, that being said the general public probably has NO IDEA what EddyB truly has planned with his car.

Scott
09-23-2013, 01:30 PM
you are right he does have the blower already, he can drop 3k and have a bad ass LS motor buy different brackets for the blower and run 9's.... doesn't really matter what a motor can make for power or run in the quarter mile if the car can't do it without getting kicked out of the track.... It just doesn't seem like a good idea for someone only looking to run mid 8's to spend 10.5k (although im sure you would hook him up) on a motor. But what do I know, you spent 10.5k or more on a motor and didn't even use it

Only trying to run mid-8's!? Once you guys get a car to run mid 8's I guarentee you would be happy as hell to do it with that amount of money.

derek072887
09-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Only trying to run mid-8's!? Once you guys get a car to run mid 8's I guarentee you would be happy as hell to do it with that amount of money.

i said "only" just due to the fact this motor is capable of so much faster. not saying 8's is easy by any means

sparkles
09-23-2013, 06:35 PM
How many LS motors do you have experience with swapping Derek?

SLVR7
09-23-2013, 06:56 PM
Or you could just go rotary, no heads, valve train, pistons, rods, or other parts to fly out of the block. Amatuers :la: