PDA

View Full Version : Grudge Shootout Cordova Sept.22 3k to Win 10.5 tire ANY REAR SUSP!

StreetSweeper
09-09-2013, 11:17 PM
For those of you that don't frequent Chi- Town check it out. http://www.chitownracing.com/forums/showthread.php?210051-*****(((((-grudge-shoot-out)))))*****-sept-22nd

Scott
09-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Sounds like meltdown with a different name? Whats grudge about it?

StreetSweeper
09-10-2013, 09:24 AM
What's grudge about meltdown? Clocks off ding dong! Don't hate that this is in your back yard and you will be watching that 3k fly. Away from the bleachers haha

StreetSweeper
09-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Seems to me if I was a IA 10.5 racer I wouldn't care what they called it or weather the clocks mounted upside down. Same travel costs 18 times the normal payout. Mhhhhmmmm I know where I would be.

Scott
09-10-2013, 09:37 AM
What's grudge about meltdown? Clocks off ding dong! Don't hate that this is in your back yard and you will be watching that 3k fly. Away from the bleachers haha

Yeah I guess I didnt think about the clocks off thing making it a grudge event, I thought grudge racing is where you argue with people to race for money and beg for car lengths.

I guess I just see it as a small tire clocks off race with no real affiliation to actual grudge racing.

Im not sure how they expect to get past tech out there, it would be great if there was a track close to us that would allow cars to run at least 1/8th mile without having to pay out the nose for funny car cages, NHRA certs, and all that BS. I mean shit the fastest they will go in the 1/8th is less than 150, mostly under 140

Scott
09-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Seems to me if I was a IA 10.5 racer I wouldn't care what they called it or weather the clocks mounted upside down. Same travel costs 18 times the normal payout. Mhhhhmmmm I know where I would be.

yeah I agree, shit I traveled all the way to fucking morroco to race on a crap track without a ambulance just for a underdog shot at 10,000 bucks... Dont have to preach to me Georgey I've been there

StreetSweeper
09-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Yeah I guess I didnt think about the clocks off thing making it a grudge event, I thought grudge racing is where you argue with people to race for money and beg for car lengths.

I guess I just see it as a small tire clocks off race with no real affiliation to actual grudge racing.

Im not sure how they expect to get past tech out there, it would be great if there was a track close to us that would allow cars to run at least 1/8th mile without having to pay out the nose for funny car cages, NHRA certs, and all that BS. I mean shit the fastest they will go in the 1/8th is less than 150, mostly under 140

Somebody's getting 3k call it what you want!

Scott
09-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Somebody's getting 3k call it what you want!

If they can get 12 cars to compete anyway, I think the 10.5 guys would have a chance since the tech at Cordova will beat down the chi town cars

StreetSweeper
09-10-2013, 10:16 AM
If they can get 12 cars to compete anyway, I think the 10.5 guys would have a chance since the tech at Cordova will beat down the chi town cars

I doubt they had any thoughts of Iowa cars joining. I now this rental/shootout was pretty decent last year. If any Iowa cars go it will just be fuel to the fire.

skipdownstairs
09-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Iowa True 10.5 at Eddyville is Sept. 21st. Wife will kill me if I start heading that direction instead of home after the race, hope I'm not to busted up to race the next day ;)

MILRACN
09-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Andy, Make her a deal. If you win saturday, you are allowed to race sunday:biglaugh:

Snoclo
09-12-2013, 07:49 PM
better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for for Permission