PDA

View Full Version : GM Tech II Info

Batwood
07-24-2013, 06:49 AM
Is anybody out there familiar with the GM Tech II scanners as far as SPS subscription and updating?

We have the scanner, but its only updated to 2009 so far. I'm curious what it would cost to get it up to date.

Also, we don't have an SPS subscription at all. As far as I knew, you had to pay for the subscription and pay for each "download" or reprogram for every module you do. Is this correct?
I want to get a better idea of what these things cost before we dive in and pay a grand or so to get this scanner set up.

Yesterday I put a power window/door lock switch in an 07 Tahoe. It turns out it has to be reprogrammed to even work AND you need the SPS download. Pretty crazy when you can't even put a simple switch in anymore.

derek072887
07-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Off topic but

It turns out it has to be reprogrammed to even work AND you need the SPS download. Pretty crazy when you can't even put a simple switch in anymore.

Good thing you don't have to deal with german cars too much, specifically Audi, just about everything is coded together haha

8204Cobra
08-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Im looking into this scanner myself, to replace my otc genesis, a friend that has a shop showed it too me and it seems pretty capable scanner, and I guess AdvanceAuto is peddling them cheap right now to try and get them into the hands of the auto techs..... http://www.auteltech.com/autelcms/Automotive%20Diagnostic&%20Analysi/341.jhtml

Batwood
08-02-2013, 07:35 AM
The link you posted wasnt a Tech 2. I can't see what yours looks like though.
I'm just curious on updating costs and programming costs with sps.

Deimos
08-02-2013, 07:03 PM
I will message ya