PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Jeep Wrangler YJ USA EDITION 4.2 litre V6 3k obo

SaNdMaNsSi
07-02-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm finally getting around to selling my Wrangler that I haven't driven in a couple of years. I would like 3k for it. It's a great vehicle, just has rust in the usual places. I have a bunch of construction going on on my property this year, so it's better that I just move some toys out. I'll list the goods and bads...If anyone wants to come take a look, PM me. I live on the SW side of CR.

Bad: brights dont work. I cleaned the terminals years ago and one worked, then stopped again....regular lights work just fine

Good: Last owner replaced the clutch and exhaust system which was about 5,000 miles ago. In the last 6 years I've only put 5k on it, but done a lot of work to it as I keep all of my stuff in the best condition. I put in a new radiator. The electric choke didn't work, so I installed a new one. The rear frame was rusty, so I put a new one under it. I put mud tires on it 2 years ago. I installed a Weber carb and bypassed all emissions...it runs and idles so smooth you wouldn't know it had a carb. I broke a vacuum line while working under the jeep so I had to replace the entire 4wd actuator...apparently the lines themselves can't be replaced. All new brakes when I bought it. I'm sure there's more, those are just the things I can think of. This also has the factory optioned subwoofer enclosure behind the rear seats with a JL 8 installed.

I hate trying to figure out how to upload pics, so please pm me your number if you want any, or come take a look if you're nearby.

Drifte
07-02-2013, 09:26 AM
That sounds fun, want a Mountainater?!

SaNdMaNsSi
07-02-2013, 09:29 AM
That sounds fun, want a Mountainater?!

I'm trying to downsize toys! Not get more!

Drifte
07-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Me too haha. Always wanted a jeep, still cant justify the purchase. New ones are so overpriced. O/T but nets you a free bump, whos' pouring your concrete? If I can get a parking pad added, I dont need to get rid of the old mountaineer.

SaNdMaNsSi
07-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Me too haha. Always wanted a jeep, still cant justify the purchase. New ones are so overpriced. O/T but nets you a free bump, whos' pouring your concrete? If I can get a parking pad added, I dont need to get rid of the old mountaineer.

I'm doing all of the actual work, but I'm getting the concrete from Kings...They are charging 115 a yard right now, but if you say, "I'll pay 105 a yard" they apparently accept. Saved me 50 bucks last weekend, and when I pour my basement in my garage, it'll save at least twice that.