PDA

View Full Version : Crusty old cam only tt vette banging gears.

slow ride
05-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Vette forum guy. He was running a stock longblock with valve springs till he had the cam bolts back out. He caught it in time and threw in the cam he had laying around. It's decent for a tt 6 speed vette as most make the auto swap way before this.

http://youtu.be/gTclZbexR-I

AutoMods
05-06-2013, 06:05 PM
60 foot?

slow ride
05-06-2013, 07:25 PM
I think it was a 1.57, but this was a track rental so prep was probably good. Car doesn't have a cage or any of the other stuff to run on a regular day. Stock rear, trans with a brace and a DSS CF torque tube driveshaft. He is running an aluminum flywheel/RXT combo for clutch. It's far from the best, but it's a lot of power on a stock 5.7 aluminum block.

BGjohnson
05-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Those turbos spool instantly, he had a really launch technique too.

AutoMods
05-06-2013, 09:57 PM
better than i've done. but i kinda frown on those that sit at the light. you need to launch under the pressure of the lights not under your own leisure :)

slow ride
05-06-2013, 10:05 PM
It's a standard ttix turbo kit so in todays turbo speak it's a 5762 in a .82 t3 5 bolt housing (one with the spot for an internal gate). He has been working on driving it for quite some time. ET to mph ratio isn't all that hot, but looking at the car it's not really set up well for launching since it's so low.

Scott
05-07-2013, 07:30 AM
better than i've done. but i kinda frown on those that sit at the light. you need to launch under the pressure of the lights not under your own leisure :)

yep good luck doing that back to back racing heads up on a pro-tree trying to go rounds.. BUT its not built for that so why worry about it right?