PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Honda CRX Si, T28 turbo ZC - $4200

RandomHero
04-24-2013, 11:28 AM
Posting this for a friend....

Car is located in Milwaukee, WI

"For sale is my 1991 Honda CRX Si, Tahitian Green Pearl. Purchased in '99, and was a daily driver for 6+ years. Relocated from out east and brought it back, no towing or problems-testament to its' reliability and care. Can now be registered with "hobby" type plates, w/o the need for emissions.

Specs; body, under 170K, engine ZC swapped in at about 135K with ZC ECU. ZC trans with a JUN chromoly flywheel, street/strip ACT clutch. ZC has had all gaskets, (minus head gasket) changed prior to install, all OEM. T28 Ball Bearing turbo pulls hard, feeling like an "all motor".

Dyno'ed at 162 hp at the wheels, only running 6 lbs of boost and more so rich, and premium fuel. Not beat or ever taken to track. A/C system removed to make room for turbo and front mount intercooler. Sunroof serviced by Honda in '05 and works great. Recaro seats do not have any tears, but can feel loss of some padding. Full interior, including locking rear storage, and folding shelf in one piece, (eBay had some of those parts recently that added up to quite a bit, over $400+). Other parts include, B&M short throw, Momo steering wheel and hub, HKS blow-off valve, projector lights, Optima battery mounted in rear, DC Sports exhaust, Tokico struts and Eibach springs.

Does not "need" anything to run, but currently does not have a radio or rear speakers installed, (very minor). Had an alarm system installed, and will need to be removed.

Typical Honda rust was fiberglassed in '02 and just starting to come back, probably about the size of a quarter and not even noticeable until pointed out. Top of car has peeling of clear coat due to east coast heat and sun. Only has two of the original Si wheels.

Price is firm at $4200 as this car is becoming rare in this condition, and mechanically does not require anything to own for the next few years. I do not need to "get rid of it", so I will not entertain the ideas of a trade, swap, service, low-ball offer. You can find a beat up shell for $800-$1000, buy a motor for $800-$1200, transmission for $400, seats for $400, interior compartments for $400, etc, etc....this car is a blast to drive and consistently gets compliments when I take it out."

Link to Craigslist Page
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/3762688669.html

Let me know if you or may know someone who is interested.