PDA

View Full Version : Protochicken $400

sparkles
04-21-2013, 09:21 PM
That's right. 1994 Protege LX. AN LX I TELL YOU!

Not real sure on the mileage because I don't feel like going outside and looking right now. It's somewhere about 150k
Manual transmission

The good:
new ball joints
new sway bar links
3 new, I say 3 new tires. That's right, the 4th one wasn't flat yet.
4 new Monroe shocks, because all 4 WERE bad.
gets about 32mpg
Mechanically, this car has never given me a problem. It's been very reliable for me and has treated me well the 4 years I've had it.

The bad:
I live on the north side by Union Park. Therefor, I deal with people that like to drive up and down the road by the park that like to break out peoples windows. So, currently, it doesn't have windows on the driver's side. It's all cleaned out and vacuumed up, but it's rocking plastic for windows right at the moment. I'm going to look for some this week, but if I fix it, I'm going to want more money
The battery. It's old. It's tired. It's junk. Nuff said.
Lastly, let's not kid ourselves. At $400, we're not talking about a beauty queen here. If you're wanting something that turns heads and makes sure your Friday nights aren't spent alone, look elsewhere. If you're looking for something that is reliable, gets decent mileage, and will get you from here to there in relative comfort and doesn't cost much, then look no further. Your search is over after a battery and a couple windows.

Sunny Z
04-24-2013, 09:22 PM
guess you don't want to sell it?

sparkles
04-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Currently, my brother is supposed to pick it up this weekend when he gets paid, but you know how those things can go. I'll let you know if that falls through.

Deimos
04-25-2013, 04:38 PM
If he doesnt I will swap the exhaust with mine and sell it for ya