PDA

View Full Version : Chassis Dyno Here in Iowa City

51_Plymouth
03-31-2013, 06:14 PM
I generally detest commercials placed in forums. However, I know a lot of auto enhausists don't know I run a Chassis Dyno and Tuning Shop here in Iowa City off I-80. I tune fuel injected as well as carburated engines. I have most tuning software as well as complete jet kits for carburators.
For more info check out: www.dynomikepowertuning.com as well as www.youtube.com/DynoMikePowerTuning.
Call my shop at 319-594-0150 for more info.
If anyone is interested I can summarize and outline a few interesting cars/project that I have tuned as well as some of the problems I've solved. By the way, I have a several degrees in electrical engineering and electronics and problem solving is my passion.

Thanks for listening.

Mike

Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport
03-31-2013, 09:39 PM
What brand dyno? Would I be able to bring my car there and tune it myself? What's the hp limit? Going to be ready around late april let me know.

51_Plymouth
04-01-2013, 06:54 AM
What brand dyno? Would I be able to bring my car there and tune it myself? What's the hp limit? Going to be ready around late april let me know.

My chassis dyno is a Mustang 500 dyno (for two wheel cars). It's a dyno designed specifically for tuning. I can tune 900 hp at up to 191 mph all day long with sprints up to 2,000 hp. It can record up to 16 channels of data while tuning as well as hp, torque, road speed, O2 readings....etc

I also support and encourage the owners to tune their own car. We can run the dyno, help you record data, you can drive it and/or tune it.

We've tuned everything from 19hp ATV to 800 hp drag cars.

We don't do diesels - that gets to crazy.

Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport
04-01-2013, 07:03 AM
sounds good, ill give you a call today.

MoncefA33
04-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Awesome, glad its a Mustang dyno.

AutoMods
04-01-2013, 08:43 AM
nice

Guch
04-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Guys- Mike is a great guy with a ton of knowledge. His equipment and background is esprecially helpful when diagnosing an electrical issue or verifying a problem before sending a component off. I think most of us have sent an electrical item off to just have it sent back with "no problem found". Mike was able to help us out and provide supporting data verifying a failed injector driver that would noid light fine, but fail under load. Thanks Mike!

Deimos
04-27-2013, 05:27 PM
You tune blow through carbs?

51_Plymouth
04-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Yup. we tune EFI, Carbs (naturally aspirated, blow thru) turbos, screw type compressors as well as hair dryer types.
main this is measuring the AFR, boost, timing, and making sure adequate fuel is getting to the carb.

8204Cobra
04-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Would you have the ability to tune a TBI setup on my 90 chevy truck?

I'd like to add a set of vortec heads and a little cam to go from 120 rwhp to 130rwhp! :headbang:

redriderjf87
10-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Hi Mike, just stumbled upon this site/thread and your site (just sent you an email), I am looking to clean up the pig rich email tune on my Mustang, do you work with SCT handhelds?

Thanks, Justin.

Btw, greetings everyone and sorry for bumping this thread :)