PDA

View Full Version : GM and their BFF China

McKeever
03-16-2013, 05:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

Thoughts?

bonesaw53
03-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Thank you for posting this and giving me lulz for today. China is a huge market for every car manufacture on the globe. Audi, BMW, Ford, VW ect ect are all trying to get in the ever expanding market in china. in just 2011 from Jan-sept 1.89 million units. Your damn right they are going to try to exploit that market share.

Domestic Disturbance
03-17-2013, 08:23 AM
better than the other way around

BGjohnson
03-17-2013, 09:56 AM
It was probably the only way they could keep afloat, plus another market to sell to. If there quality suffers, people will notice and they will get a reputation. So I bet their quality standards haven't changed.

sparkles
03-17-2013, 12:15 PM
This country has notoriously made it very expensive to be marketable here with the high cost of doing business. I find it very laughable that people vote people in that make it tough for businesses to survive, and then turn around and complain when they go elsewhere to somewhere more welcoming to stay afloat. Be careful of what you wish for.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-18-2013, 02:07 PM
This country has notoriously made it very expensive to be marketable here with the high cost of doing business. I find it very laughable that people vote people in that make it tough for businesses to survive, and then turn around and complain when they go elsewhere to somewhere more welcoming to stay afloat. Be careful of what you wish for.

But but but...the EPA is saving trees and keeping fish from living in beer cans.

AutoMods
03-18-2013, 02:44 PM
But but but...the EPA is saving trees and keeping fish from living in beer cans.

my dad was in Vietnam a couple weeks ago and he and my extended family over there have to wear masks when they go outside . partly due to the cheaper/dirtier fuel the country has chosen to use to save money. their water is polluted too. all fun and games until one day your air and water is shit. its was really quite sad for him to see that is homeland has turned to shit over the last 10-15 years.

http://www.tuoitrenews.vn/cmlink/tuoitrenews/features/vietnam-air-pollution-among-the-worst-in-the-world-1.70439

http://www.tuoitrenews.vn/polopoly_fs/1.70442!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/image.jpg

SaNdMaNsSi
03-18-2013, 03:12 PM
my dad was in Vietnam a couple weeks ago and he and my extended family over there have to wear masks when they go outside . partly due to the cheaper/dirtier fuel the country has chosen to use to save money. their water is polluted too. all fun and games until one day your air and water is shit. its was really quite sad for him to see that is homeland has turned to shit over the last 10-15 years.

http://www.tuoitrenews.vn/cmlink/tuoitrenews/features/vietnam-air-pollution-among-the-worst-in-the-world-1.70439

http://www.tuoitrenews.vn/polopoly_fs/1.70442!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/image.jpg

I figured the trolling was coming...my point was that the EPA has gotten ridiculous to the point of destroying our economy. Part of the problem in the asiatic world is population control. We could do 90% of what they are doing over there with hardly the amount of environmental impact. There are too many people and too small a landmass. It's apples to oranges. Sure, pollution is bad. I have no problem with minor regulation. But when the government bans lead solder and my snap-on machines have computer boards built in China, then I'm annoyed. The same amount of pollution is entering the earth and atmosphere, but the money is going somewhere else. That's a shitty way to look at it, but that's a fact. If someone is going to pollute the same amount, I'd rather have the jobs here.

SledgeWS6
03-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Fuck the Kyoto Protocol. Really, again, we're on the wrong forum to be talking anti-pollution. Know your privilege.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Fuck the Kyoto Protocol. Really, again, we're on the wrong forum to be talking anti-pollution. Know your privilege.

I know, I should limit my intelligence. Stupid parents and private schooling.

McKeever
03-18-2013, 06:31 PM
There are definitely a lot of reasons for GM moving operations to China, whether it's the EPA, UAW, or the corporate tax climate. But what rubs me the wrong way is the US tax payer bailing out GM so that they can countinue to invest in NON-American interest. Not to mention the sweetheart tax deal ( http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/23/news/companies/gm_bailout/index.htm ) they continue to get from the government. A business is never to big to fail.

sparkles
03-18-2013, 08:16 PM
What bothers me is the US tax payer bailing out ANYONE.

McKeever
03-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Agreed, but it's already happend. And they should at least do right by it.

Domestic Disturbance
03-18-2013, 09:03 PM
I figured the trolling was coming...my point was that the EPA has gotten ridiculous to the point of destroying our economy. Part of the problem in the asiatic world is population control. We could do 90% of what they are doing over there with hardly the amount of environmental impact. There are too many people and too small a landmass. It's apples to oranges. Sure, pollution is bad. I have no problem with minor regulation. But when the government bans lead solder and my snap-on machines have computer boards built in China, then I'm annoyed. The same amount of pollution is entering the earth and atmosphere, but the money is going somewhere else. That's a shitty way to look at it, but that's a fact. If someone is going to pollute the same amount, I'd rather have the jobs here.

Although I don't agree with your opinion, this entire statement was fine minus the "I figured the trolling was coming". In my eyes, all he did was express his opinion in the same manner you did. You guys are getting wound up a little too tight around here, jeez. Not trying to be a dick man.

sparkles
03-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Asskisser...;)

SaNdMaNsSi
03-18-2013, 10:02 PM
Although I don't agree with your opinion, this entire statement was fine minus the "I figured the trolling was coming". In my eyes, all he did was express his opinion in the same manner you did. You guys are getting wound up a little too tight around here, jeez. Not trying to be a dick man.

I'm about the most laid back guy most people will ever meet. However, it's internet fun to poke cages.

Domestic Disturbance
03-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Asskisser...;)

no thats just pudding on my lip

I'm about the most laid back guy most people will ever meet. However, it's internet fun to poke cages.

I understand man. I could have the completely wrong impression. fuckin internet

SledgeWS6
03-19-2013, 06:52 AM
Not trying to be a dick man.

I'll show you dick. Those weren't my keys rubbing against your leg when we danced at the country bar fool.

snickerlicker
03-19-2013, 08:37 AM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/10sec5oh/edfd93453ceb54aa4c5a7a6e20a97ade.jpg