PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a rifle?

sLoWnStEaDy
03-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Seeing if anyone is interested in my M1917...? I'd either take cash or trade it for a decent carry weapon, either .40 or .45

My rifle is an EddyStone (EnField) 1917, bolt action, "Sporter" stock, stock has been plasti-dipped as I am not a fan of the wood grain look. Even more so once I added the scope, it just looked wrong. Scope is a BSA 4-16 X 40 with an illuminated "mil-dot" reticle. Has the 5" shade on it in the pics but that can be removed if you want. the bi-pod is a cheap barrel mount that I only use for pictures/cleaning purposes. I would NOT actually use it when firing. #1. because it is cheap and #2 because barrel mount bi-pods kinda defeat the purpose of a free floating barrel and, IMO, will cause some ugly grouping... Will come with a nice hard case as well.

Weight: 9 lb. 3 oz. (mine is lighter with the sporter stock)
Length: 3'-9.125"
Barrel length: 26.0 in
Cartridge: .30-06 Springfield (7.62x63mm)
Action: Modified Mauser turn bolt
Muzzle velocity: 2,800 ft/s (853 m/s)
Effective range: 600 yd (549 m)
Maximum range: 5,500 yd
Feed system: 6-round magazine, 5-round clip fed reloading

FiFdYnUtZ
03-13-2013, 08:02 PM
How much cash

sLoWnStEaDy
03-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Since you're a returning customer, LOL... $550 for everything.

Also, the gun wasn't modified to mount the scope, I found a couple smaller rails and modified them to fit the gun. I always modify the parts, not the guns. I mean, it has a sporter stock but that was on when I bought it and I like that look MUUUUCH better than the giant factory stock. I bought this gun from Sportsman Outfitters too, so it was completely serviced right before I bought it. I've put maybe 40-60 rounds through it since purchased. Scope isn't completely dialed in. I was actually working on it the day you bought my shotgun and that monsoon didn't allow it.

I've also got a Bushnell SportView 3-9x38 scope I can throw into the package and make it $600. That scope will also come with some "tilt away" scope mounts. that was the scope I originally had on it. Didn't like the shiny scope with the matte finish stock though.

85XR7Project
03-13-2013, 09:10 PM
If I had the fundage I'd be all over this like stink on shit. I've wanted a P17 for years, nothing says badass more than the American version of THE BEST bolt action system of WWII. This rifle should prove to be pretty darn accurate.

FiFdYnUtZ
03-13-2013, 10:28 PM
I have a buddy I'm going to show this to, hopefully if he wants it I don't have to swim to.you to get it again lol

sLoWnStEaDy
03-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Pending trade at the moment but cash is always king... ;)

SaNdMaNsSi
03-18-2013, 11:33 AM
You can always trade/sell me that tec-9, so during the zombie apocalypse I can go Akimbo....

sLoWnStEaDy
03-18-2013, 11:51 AM
This is the only firearm I have... See, I went deep sea fishing with all of my firearms and accidentally dropped them all into the ocean. ;) Just happened to forget this one at home so, it survived

SaNdMaNsSi
03-18-2013, 12:47 PM
I trade hookers and blow.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-18-2013, 12:49 PM
This is the only firearm I have... See, I went deep sea fishing with all of my firearms and accidentally dropped them all into the ocean. ;) Just happened to forget this one at home so, it survived

...Probably the same boat weighed down with all of mine, but judging from our recent incline into utopia, I wouldn't worry. We apparently don't need guns in the USA anymore unless we are police or active duty. Someone will protect us.

sLoWnStEaDy
03-18-2013, 05:41 PM
“When the gunman realizes that nobody else is armed, he will lay down his weapons and turn himself in... that's just human nature."
See, we're all safe... faulty logic will save us all. Hahaha

As for the rifle, it is gone.