PDA

View Full Version : well here it is, the future!!

2.2shelby
02-20-2013, 12:14 AM
grabbed this from another forum and figured 'share... you know make my first couple of post productive... enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bch5B23_pu0

TbTalon94
02-20-2013, 06:32 AM
Awesome technology. It's just like Direct Injection. Not apples to apples, but making things super efficient and more compact. I'm sure someone has thought of this idea before, just didn't know how to implement it without adding a huge air tank and compressor and all that stuff, or making the solenoids electronic which would make the failure rate higher.

Imagine the control in tuning with this technology!

slow ride
02-20-2013, 07:07 AM
It's like VVT, unlimited cam profile for emissions and power, unlimited RPM depending on valve size and weight, lack of valvetrain friction, etc. Really cool., but they didn't get into actuator lift capability. Add this to direct injection and it's a super efficent deal. Still need the larger displacement for early torque and the right sounds though :) The new car looks sweet though.

BGjohnson
02-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Good post!

I've been waiting to see a fully solenoid activated valve. BMW uses a lever system in their bikes to create variable lift, but the valve wasn't actuated by a solenoid. So this vid is really exciting to see them going a step further.
I'm waiting on a non piston type engine or variant to be implemented. Sad how many good designs have been bought out and never used.