PDA

View Full Version : Another FNG from Chitown

2.2shelby
02-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Hey guys just found out about this site from a buddy on here, Nick12259014257632... lol i think is his S/N... anyways just moved out to the QC area... checkd the site out abit and noticed that this is more of an auto enthusiest site and not so much a grudge racing site, thats cool, i also joined up on QCAAF as well... so ill keep my grudge/street racing BS on there... anyways im pretty sure no one wants to hear about the junk chrysler fwds i have so we wont get into all of that... I'm really stoked about living only a short drive from Cordova since it is one of my favorite tracks around, that and the Midnight Mayham they do over there... oh and btw, my typing and spelling sucks... so please lay off the grammar police :la:

heres a pic of one of my cars, anyone guess what it is???

nick122590
02-19-2013, 05:01 PM
there goes the neighborhood!

sparkles
02-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Turbo Duster?

2.2shelby
02-19-2013, 05:43 PM
nope close, alot of people confuse this car with the Shadow/Duster... this is a little bit bigger...

sparkles
02-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Early Daytona then?

JacobS
02-19-2013, 05:49 PM
i like odd builds so ill bite. what ya got!?

2.2shelby
02-19-2013, 05:51 PM
nope had a Daytona well 2 of them... good guess' tho, its good to see people remember these little fwd turbo chryslers...

here i throw up another little teaser...

haha bonus point if you know what track this is at...

Batwood
02-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Spirit RT?

2.2shelby
02-19-2013, 06:08 PM
damn close, the spirit replaced this car in 1990...

heres a crappy pic i just took of the project car im building... shes sitting outside right now cause i havent had time to clean out and organize the garage to stick her in there...

this ones an 87 Dodge Omni... if all goes well ill have her done and at the track this season... but as of right now its a far cry... this one is getting a 9 second build :D

sparkles
02-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Goes like hell some more?

2.2shelby
02-19-2013, 06:17 PM
haha unfortunately no this Omni isn't a GLHS... thus the reason im building it to GLAMF!!!! we got some guy in the club that do have some real nice GLHS'... we call those the Whitter cars... the shelby dodges that were built by Shelby America... it will be wearing the GLH ground effects... so more of a clone status

AutoMods
02-19-2013, 08:42 PM
88 chrysler unreliable

2.2shelby
02-19-2013, 08:47 PM
it is an 89, it's a dodge not a chrysler, and this is VERY reliable... all of mine have been the most reliable cars i have owned... and if something does crap out, cheap and Extremly easy to fix... blow a head gasket, no big deal change it out... break a timing belt, oh well put a new one on... cost me 50 bucks in fuel to drive to chicago and back... and will run bone stock 12s with turning up the boost and adding some fuel... soo your gues of an 88 chrysler unreliable is COMPLETELY wrong!! lol :kiss:

2.2shelby
02-19-2013, 08:49 PM
haha heck im even driving it daily on the drag radials right now

snickerlicker
02-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Swap an LS Juan in that Lancer already!

slow ride
02-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Turbo FWD back when it wasn't "cool". They were kickin azz with auto transmissions WAY back in the day.

2.2shelby
02-19-2013, 08:58 PM
lol, what and be like every other billy bob out there with a fox body and want to some how go fast??? naa ill stick with chrysler turbo 4 cyl power.. keep it nostalgic

2.2shelby
02-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Turbo FWD back when it wasn't "cool". They were kickin azz with auto transmissions WAY back in the day.

this guys knows!! ill tell ya, they haven't gone away either, we have our little group of aftermarket new high tech parts... or if your a cheap azz like me, you just slap a holset on it with some bigger injectors and a tune.. and bam 11s... most of the guy love their 5 speed car, but I tend to go the auto 3 speed route as well...

snickerlicker
02-20-2013, 06:23 AM
lol, what and be like every other billy bob out there with a fox body and want to some how go fast??? naa ill stick with chrysler turbo 4 cyl power.. keep it nostalgic

It was a joke. This place worships the LS Juan's. As for me I will stick with my SBF power and go fast. I had a buddy back in the late 80's with a GLH turbo with a Mopar performance computer in it, and we put an intercooler on it too. Very quick car, only car in our High School to beat it was another buddies stock 86 LX 5.0. Talk about torque steer, that GLH had it! Yes I'm that old..

85XR7Project
02-20-2013, 06:49 AM
I havent seen Lancer in sooooooooooooooooooooooo long. Neat rides you got man.

I came very close to buying a Spirit R/T back in the day, still kicking myself for missing out.

slow ride
02-20-2013, 06:50 AM
I had a friend in CR in the mid 90's with a Sundance that would cross 380 when he hit it. It was almost as fast as my stockish Plymouth Laser (90' DSM style one), but torque steer was crazy in those things. I always liked the Spirit r/t back in the day and as you can see I'm almost as old of a fuck as Scott :) I'm sure the old school DSM guys remember Gus the Mopar minivan guy? My comment about the auto Mopars was that they were building them fast before all the imports even thought of running the factory autos. Growing up my old neighbor had a Omni GLH that was mint.

Have you ran the car at the track much?

Sleepy
02-20-2013, 07:01 AM
Sweet car. Love the older turbo mopars.

2.2shelby
02-20-2013, 08:29 AM
It was a joke. This place worships the LS Juan's. As for me I will stick with my SBF power and go fast. I had a buddy back in the late 80's with a GLH turbo with a Mopar performance computer in it, and we put an intercooler on it too. Very quick car, only car in our High School to beat it was another buddies stock 86 LX 5.0. Talk about torque steer, that GLH had it! Yes I'm that old..

lol i was joking around as well, its good to hear your fox is still ford powered...like i said, it seem every tom dick or harry is swapping LSx power into everything these cause its an easy route out... the autos don't seem to have as much TS as the 5 speeds do... but that's half the fun of launching these cars, you don't know where their going to end up once the party starts... there's been a handful of times in my Daytona where if they didn't prep the whole length of the track it would break loose at the 1000' foot mark... now that's a hand full!!

2.2shelby
02-20-2013, 08:44 AM
I had a friend in CR in the mid 90's with a Sundance that would cross 380 when he hit it. It was almost as fast as my stockish Plymouth Laser (90' DSM style one), but torque steer was crazy in those things. I always liked the Spirit r/t back in the day and as you can see I'm almost as old of a fuck as Scott :) I'm sure the old school DSM guys remember Gus the Mopar minivan guy? My comment about the auto Mopars was that they were building them fast before all the imports even thought of running the factory autos. Growing up my old neighbor had a Omni GLH that was mint.

Have you ran the car at the track much?

this car hasnt seen much track time, i bought it back in sept got here running well and been DDin this one around... but the few passes it has made were slow but respectful for being a 25year old stock junk parts...

and yeah who can forget the Mini vans... Paul Smith has the woodie side mini that has been all over the midwest, hes from Seneca Il and yeah Gus' as well.... plus who can forget the infamous Relentless racing K car... you know that video "Kcar vs Supra"

and for those of you still scratching your head... yes this is an 89 Dodge Lancer Shelby... they were only made in 88-89... with production number being only 486 for the 2 years... this one is a 2.5L 8V non intercooled with an automatic... the 413 3 speed auto is a direct relative of the torque flight design... a few little back yard tricks will make this trans a contender for sure... the on in the car much to my surprise was build by one of the old time guys who started playing with them in the 80s- and 90s... got lucky with that....

i picked this little gem up for $100 bucks in NJ this past sept... it had been sitting for about a year... got it home, threw a new battery in it and some WD in the cylinders... fired right up!! did an oil change and some fresh gas and been driving ever since... not sure how far im going to go on this one, cause i am enjoying it drivability factor and the fact that 35+ mph is a common thing with it...

2.2shelby
02-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Sweet car. Love the older turbo mopars.

kick azz dude thanks... we sometimes get a bad rp from the Neon guys... alot of them are afraid to admit where they came from...

c_mart_28
02-20-2013, 09:02 AM
I love it.

I had no idea there was a Lancer Shelby. That's awesome.

2.2shelby
02-20-2013, 09:12 AM
I love it.

I had no idea there was a Lancer Shelby. That's awesome.

Thanks dude, yep... In 1987 Mr. Shelby took the dodge lancer and massaged it to his standards much like the glhs and others... No whats goofy is back to the Whitter cars... The 87 was the only ones that were made by shelby america with csx number plates... He made 1000of them in 87 known only as the Shelby Lancer... 5 speed cars got the cloth interiors... Auto got leather... Now 88-89 dodge offered a Shelby package, which in turn is more rare that the previous SL... No real difference... In the 2... They were only available in white and red... Some say there is a fee black ones to have been made... Idk ive never seen one...

Thanks for the warm welcome guys its good to see that these arnt forgotten just yet!!

Sleepy
02-20-2013, 09:27 AM
kick azz dude thanks... we sometimes get a bad rp from the Neon guys... alot of them are afraid to admit where they came from...

This is true, however some of the most knowledgeable guys on the neon forums use to have turbo dodges(or still do).

2.2shelby
02-20-2013, 09:39 AM
^^ and i know most of them ;)... its not so much "neon guys" but the SRT guys... if your on neons.org theres alot of SDAC guys on there... i know BadassPerformance is on there, TurboDave, Shmedley, Dodgeshadowchick MoparMarc and i could rattle off a handful more.. as a matter of fact... the Omni project will be sporting a 2.4L with a Neon 3 speed auto... soooooo if you happen to know where i could find a 2.4L on the cheap...., ill be in the market for one real soon... it dont have to be a turbo motor... just a block and head...

Sleepy
02-20-2013, 11:39 AM
The SRT guys get cranky if you call it a Neon. SRT forums has a bunch of good info however you really have to have your bs glasses on.

I do not have any spare 2.4 parts. The pick and pull down here has them for pretty cheap and is loaded with mid 90s dodges.(Insert pos dodge joke here.)

Speaking of the neon 3 speed, are you building it yourself? I have considered going auto since they break less and overall seem a bit cheaper to build, however don't care to ship one out of state to get it modded.

2.2shelby
02-20-2013, 11:50 AM
there is a guy in dubuque i guess, hes a memeber of SDAC that builds transmissions... altho the hydro 3 speed neon has alot of the "go fast parts" in it already... the bands are welded better, it already has the 5 gear planetary... im pretty sure with the neon trans if you add a few mor clutch pack and a valve body mod... block the accumulator off, it should be ready to go... i believe Turbo action still offers a RMVB for that set up aswell along with a shifter... what we do for our 413 transmission is adapt alot of the neon parts to fit in the case... we cant use the 31TH neon cases on the common block motors cause of the starter location... otherwise they bolt right up... Im sure you know of DCR racing... their trans are top notch... but a heavy hit for $8000... ther is also FWD Performance, TurbosUnleashed in AZ and also Forward Motion... they all offer the trans parts along with Torque convertors... ill get the contact info on the guy in Dubuque for ya... as im going to need him to build me a trans too...

sparkles
02-20-2013, 03:37 PM
35+ mph is a common thing with it...

Phew, thank goodness that got answered.

My mom had a Shelby Charger...It was red...that's all I got. Cool unique car. Welcome.

AutoMods
02-20-2013, 03:50 PM
35+ mph is a common thing with it...

assuming you mean mpg's

:bsflag:

sparkles
02-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Here we go....

2.2shelby
02-20-2013, 03:56 PM
doh, yeah 35 MPG... i do that all the time... you don't think these cars get that kind of fuel mileage?? you got alot to learn there youngster ;)

85XR7Project
02-20-2013, 04:41 PM
http://e90post.com/forums//picture.php?albumid=3925&pictureid=23534

You gotta bear with Ryan, he is special.

2.2shelby
02-20-2013, 04:43 PM
ahh I see now, that explains a lot, thanks for clearing that up!!

derek072887
02-20-2013, 04:59 PM
doh, yeah 35 MPG... i do that all the time... you don't think these cars get that kind of fuel mileage?? you got alot to learn there youngster ;)

id like some proof... even though Ryan does get hounded for always saying something about MPG lol.... how come your 80's car's and get 35mpg but a 20 year newer car cant... speaking of the SRT-4

sparkles
02-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Because cars 20 years ago didn't require half of the safety BS that newer cars are required and therefor weigh less.

2.2shelby
02-20-2013, 05:09 PM
these car were specifically built for fuel Economy ... ok with out going out to my car and gong for a drive and filimg the fancy little computer read out device on my dash.. its 175 mile 1 way to chicago... sooo 350 there and back... i put about 30 miles on it while i was there last weekend... and i spent $50 in gas... and that was throwing 20 in the tank in chicago where gas is about 40-50 more a gallon... it would be better if it was a 5 speed car...

edit, actually come to think of it, i put 41 and some change in the tank, but i had an 1/8th of a tank when i first put gas in... 21 here in Eldridge and 20 in chicago

slow ride
02-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Whats the guy/shop in dubuque? Trans shop down the alley from my parents old place was big into mopar stuff (think they were called trans tech). Could get good fuel milage since the weight is lower on old cars, gearing was right, etc. Turbo torque helps keep the revs down on the highway, something the na 4 banger guys don't know about :) Shit a vette can get over 32 mpg in 6th putzing. My old Talon got close to 30 on the highway with 850 injectors, awd, etc.

derek072887
02-20-2013, 05:18 PM
nvm

2.2shelby
02-20-2013, 06:22 PM
whats the matter, the math skills arn't up to par?? :biglaugh:

2.2shelby
02-20-2013, 06:30 PM
your right!! it is tranz tech... Tim Chappell is his name... 380 E. 30th st.... 563)582-5876

AutoMods
02-20-2013, 06:33 PM
if your a cheap azz like me, you just slap a holset on it with some bigger injectors and a tune.. and bam 11s... most of the guy love their 5 speed car, but I tend to go the auto 3 speed route as well...

have you went 11's on one or a guy you know?

it is an 89, it's a dodge not a chrysler, and this is VERY reliable... all of mine have been the most reliable cars i have owned...

35mpg on an 89 dodge 2.5 liter turbo automatic ??? i'll give you maybe 25mpg and 1 quart of oil a month

little too much bench racing going on here

slow ride
02-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Holy blast from the past in my old stomping grounds. I've driven by that place a couple times when visiting my mom in Dubuque. Thats cool they are still at it after all these years (20+ that I can remember).

your right!! it is tranz tech... Tim Chappell is his name... 380 E. 30th st.... 563)582-5876

2.2shelby
02-20-2013, 06:42 PM
no i have not yet run a holset but know PLENTY of turbo dodges who have run 11s on less... yes ill get 35 MPG on any givin day on the highway and yet again your wrong, it dont burn a drop of oil... anything else you would like to ad mister smarty azz??? i guess you will get your panties in a bunch when i tell you Jacksons 16V 2.2L on a holset make 500+ hp... that runs 11s all day long... on a 1.8 60 foot... have you ever owned one of these cars, built one or even been in one??? i bet you would argue all damn day when i tell you we have plenty of caravans that run 12s even some running 11s at any givin sunday ;)

my 46 trim baby hybrid went mid 12s on a stock 2.5L with a mildly built trans and 60Lb injectors... but i guess thats BS as well right??

kids these days.... this aint a honda my man....

slow ride
02-20-2013, 06:51 PM
All the honda guys are now like WTF did I do to get brought into this ;) Some of the fast forward cars were in the 10's when i started dinking with DSM's in the 90's I'm just not a FWD guy as it's hard to do anything on the street except spin.

2.2shelby
02-20-2013, 06:53 PM
here you hotshot, proof is int the boards at the end of the track... and the shadow is on a 50 trim...
http://www.streetfire.net/video/sdacchicago-invades-import-wars-gld-10409_711017.htm

2.2shelby
02-20-2013, 07:33 PM
All the honda guys are now like WTF did I do to get brought into this ;) Some of the fast forward cars were in the 10's when i started dinking with DSM's in the 90's I'm just not a FWD guy as it's hard to do anything on the street except spin.

yeah aint that the truth... even on drag radials they spin quite easily... they actully had an awd daytona concept back in 89 back behind like a 400 hp set up... why it never went into production is a mystery... i think alot of it had to do with dsm development... their have been guys who have successfully adapted the chrysler minivan awd system to the car but it was soon discovered that any thing more where destroying the rear couplers...

AutoMods
02-21-2013, 12:39 AM
... or if your a cheap azz like me, you just slap a holset on it with some bigger injectors and a tune.. and bam 11s... most of the guy love their 5 speed car, but I tend to go the auto 3 speed route as well...

you ran 12's ? call me old fashion but before I claim something is easy, I have at least done it. eddyb taught me many years ago that posting videos of what other people have done is no good here. its about what have you done, not your forum buddies, not youtube, not your best friend and especially not your step-dad.

i actually have a handful of 11 second timeslips from my 4 banger from about 7 years ago. I wouldn't claim it to be easy nor cheap and I even had awd. let alone fwd

i don't run around saying 9's are easy when my current car has been only 10's. that would be disrespectful to those that have actually done it

I don't have anything against your car and new members are always nice. your just killing me with your triple threat here with reliable, 35+ mpg's and easy 11's on fwd? with your $100, 20 year old dodge. didn't you say you were going to leave the BS over on QCAAF :)

2.2shelby
02-21-2013, 01:18 AM
ok here let me clear it up for you... i said MY car they way it sit right now, bone stock form, shitty little mitsu 13B turbo will start up every day, get me to where i have to go with out any worry of it breaking down... thats reliability.... i have no issue stating that while on the highway, which i clearly stated, my car the same one in question here will get 35+ mpg... again on the highway....(yes your right 25 putsin around town)... now it has been provin by many of other FWD turbo dodge enthusiasts putting a bigger turbo (with the supporting mods of course) ( meaning a bigger intercooler injectors, 3 bar map exhaust ect) can land you in the 11s... i know this cause i've worked on these cars first hand... just because you don't believe it or have never experienced it first hand don't mean it can't happen... just because i'm new to this forum, don't mean im new to all of this partner.. i've been around awhile, and have dealt with skeptics such as yourself on a regular basis... yes i agree running 11s is not an easy task esp for a fwd, but there is always exceptions to the rules...

i never once claimed that i ran a number that i in fact didn't so thats a moot point... you just think im blow'n smoke up your ass cause you have never seen it... well guess what, you may run this site, but your not king shit car guy... yes your org comment struck a nerve with me because you dont know... you never answered my question if you have ever owned one of these, been in one or even seen one run... so to me all your rebuttal is just opinion... i have owned, seen, been in a few and even built them... so untill you get your facts right, STFU already!!... you dont hear me saying blah blah about your LSx swapped RX7... infact i think its pretty cool aswell, even tho there are hundreds if not thousands of people who have done it... i dont care... its guys like you who deny that chrysler was kicking ass with 4 cyl turbos before the whole fad caught on... " no way a K car would ever run 10s" (back in 99 even) "no way a caravan would clip off that LS1 camaro" ive heard it left and right and just laugh... and collect my money after hearing it too... so idk what to tell ya, your stubborn ways wont change... let me finish my current build and for sure i will grab a lane with you... i dont have a problem doing it now, but i know my little shit box will loose... but one day your gonna get whacked by a shitty little Omni and ill have a nice little smile when your handing over your cash...

what a great way for the owner of a site to welcome a new member, thanks Ryan... as of right now I'm gunnin for you sweet cheeks!!

85XR7Project
02-21-2013, 06:15 AM
Told you Ryan AKA Hi Point was special.

Phish
02-21-2013, 06:17 AM
Talking about somthing geting blown out of proportion. From what i just read ryan said to not claim a time just because you have seen it done or worked on a car thats been that time. Only claim what you have previously ran yourself in your own car. Plain and simple. No attack on you or your car. Just some friendly advise.

its hard to take someone serious with all of the bench racing, shit talking, and tryign to live through other peoples cars. Everyone has a freind of a freind who makes power or is fast but you dont see them trying to bench race with thier friends car on an online forum.

JacobS
02-21-2013, 07:34 AM
did someone say honda?

derek072887
02-21-2013, 08:17 AM
What ryan is trying to say is stop talking about other people's cars and tell us about yours... we can all come in here and post links to other peoples cars and claim numbers that others have done with the same set up blah blah blah (i am one of the worst offenders of this just ask anyone on this site)

"It's not how you stand by YOUR car its how you race YOUR car"

RedRocketZ28
02-21-2013, 08:54 AM
"It's not how you stand by YOUR car its how you race YOUR car"

QFT! :drive:

Good old Dom and his inspiring quotes.

2.2shelby
02-21-2013, 09:11 AM
oh i completely understand whats he's say'n.. he said my car is unreliable... which is false. I said its normal for me to get the kind of mileage i get on a daily basis and he said bull shit... i said its not un common for these cars to go 11s on some minor mods... in which jumped all over my ass saying if "I" meaning myself haven't gone that number with my car then i shouldn't make the claim that these cars can run that number... right?? F%$# that.. i've ben around these cars enough to know what it takes to land those kind of numbers... believe me i am a big advocate of run your car not your mouth... for one you will not see me posting any numbers of what any of my cars run... not my style sorry...

the whole time all of this is going on, im laughing my ass off over here, i mean c'mon it winter... what else is there to do than stir the pot...:biggthumpup:

just because he, or whoever else don't believe it don't mean its not true...

snickerlicker
02-21-2013, 09:16 AM
^ most people on here think if it doesn't have an LS Juan in it, it can't be fast. Don't worry you will get used to it. The more you are on here, the less it will bother you.

AutoMods
02-21-2013, 09:20 AM
ok here let me clear it up for you... i said MY car they way it sit right now, bone stock form, shitty little mitsu 13B turbo will start up every day, get me to where i have to go with out any worry of it breaking down... thats reliability.... i have no issue stating that while on the highway, which i clearly stated, my car the same one in question here will get 35+ mpg... again on the highway....(yes your right 25 putsin around town)... now it has been provin by many of other FWD turbo dodge enthusiasts putting a bigger turbo (with the supporting mods of course) ( meaning a bigger intercooler injectors, 3 bar map exhaust ect) can land you in the 11s... i know this cause i've worked on these cars first hand... just because you don't believe it or have never experienced it first hand don't mean it can't happen... just because i'm new to this forum, don't mean im new to all of this partner.. i've been around awhile, and have dealt with skeptics such as yourself on a regular basis... yes i agree running 11s is not an easy task esp for a fwd, but there is always exceptions to the rules...

i never once claimed that i ran a number that i in fact didn't so thats a moot point... you just think im blow'n smoke up your ass cause you have never seen it... well guess what, you may run this site, but your not king shit car guy... yes your org comment struck a nerve with me because you dont know... you never answered my question if you have ever owned one of these, been in one or even seen one run... so to me all your rebuttal is just opinion... i have owned, seen, been in a few and even built them... so untill you get your facts right, STFU already!!... you dont hear me saying blah blah about your LSx swapped RX7... infact i think its pretty cool aswell, even tho there are hundreds if not thousands of people who have done it... i dont care... its guys like you who deny that chrysler was kicking ass with 4 cyl turbos before the whole fad caught on... " no way a K car would ever run 10s" (back in 99 even) "no way a caravan would clip off that LS1 camaro" ive heard it left and right and just laugh... and collect my money after hearing it too... so idk what to tell ya, your stubborn ways wont change... let me finish my current build and for sure i will grab a lane with you... i dont have a problem doing it now, but i know my little shit box will loose... but one day your gonna get whacked by a shitty little Omni and ill have a nice little smile when your handing over your cash...

what a great way for the owner of a site to welcome a new member, thanks Ryan... as of right now I'm gunnin for you sweet cheeks!!

I'm well aware that people have put those cars into the 10's, wouldn't be surprised if you told me 9's. fwd honda's have ran 9's naturally aspirated. I'm just saying its not easy or simple to get a fwd 4 cylinder into the 11's or faster. Your platform is no different, not a secret undiscovered jewel. its been largely forgotten and overshadowed by better platforms of its time like the grand national and fox body mustangs , Starion and soon after the 4g63's .

Told you Ryan AKA Hi Point was special.

you of all people know things are easier said then done, remember your abandoned cougar project? the only car project i've seen you attempt in the last 4 years

2.2shelby
02-21-2013, 09:21 AM
so heres a scenario... guy gos to a shop with his Fbody says i want to run 10... the guy behind the counter is going to tell him what hes going to have to do to run that number... they pull the car in back... do this that and the other, takes it to Speed INC and has it tuned by jim... take the car to the track and the customer bam runs the number... now how did the guy behind the counter know that car with those mods was going to run the number??? cause they have built those cars before... knows what it takes... now just because my Lancer don't run that number right now (mainly cause i dont really want to put any power into this car) doesnt mean i dont know what it take to make these cars run the number...

its the same thing here...

Phish
02-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Thats like saying my car runs 8's but i just dont want to put the money into it right now. Its not how it works my friend. Just because you know what it takes, does not mean you can claim that number untill you actually have the slip to show you have ran it.

FiFdYnUtZ
02-21-2013, 09:23 AM
See, you guys don't need me to help.you beat down the noobs anymore! This would be too easy anyway

2.2shelby
02-21-2013, 09:28 AM
I'm well aware that people have put those cars into the 10's, wouldn't be surprised if you told me 9's. fwd honda's have ran 9's naturally aspirated. I'm just saying its not easy or simple to get a fwd 4 cylinder into the 11's or faster. Your platform is no different, not a secret undiscovered jewel. its been largely forgotten and overshadowed by better platforms of its time like the grand national and fox body mustangs , Starion and soon after the 4g63's .

see heres the deal... yes most 4 cylinders yes you have to do extensive work... forged crank rods pistons.. good flowing head intake and exhaust... see chrysler did that from the factory... aside from the forged pistons... but the stocker cast cant take a beating... see heres another fact you didnt know, these motor from the factory are stroker motors... in which they produce an ungodly amount of torque as opposed to the HP numbers... now we have a whole new ball game here... yes in the 4cyl world that is unheard of... but it happens...

" HP sells cars, Torque wins races..."

Phish
02-21-2013, 09:30 AM
So.... Whats your point again? I must be a little slow so simplifiy this for me.

2.2shelby
02-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Thats like saying my car runs 8's but i just dont want to put the money into it right now. Its not how it works my friend. Just because you know what it takes, does not mean you can claim that number untill you actually have the slip to show you have ran it.

alright here pal... T04B 46 trim with a .63 exhaust side, a good tune and some injectors.. I, me, my daytona went mid 12s... is that better??

derek072887
02-21-2013, 09:37 AM
are you saying you need to rip apart the motor to replace the pistons to run 11's? that makes it not easy right there...
shit you can slap some rod bolts in a B18 slap a turbo on it and some injectors a pump and an E85 tune and run 11's....

2.2shelby
02-21-2013, 09:37 AM
So.... Whats your point again? I must be a little slow so simplifiy this for me.

he asked what makes these motors so special, so i told him they're strokers from the factory with the necessary internal hardware to handle bigger HP numbers... 285 HP and 350 ftlbs is very uncommon for a typical 4cyl nooo can never happen, it a 4cyl they dont do that...

2.2shelby
02-21-2013, 09:43 AM
are you saying you need to rip apart the motor to replace the pistons to run 11's? that makes it not easy right there...
shit you can slap some rod bolts in a B18 slap a turbo on it and some injectors a pump and an E85 tune and run 11's....

nope , keep the motor happy and its not necessary...

Phish
02-21-2013, 09:46 AM
alright here pal... T04B 46 trim with a .63 exhaust side, a good tune and some injectors.. I, me, my daytona went mid 12s... is that better??

Thats alot better. Perfect infact.

he asked what makes these motors so special, so i told him there strokers from the factory with the necessary internal hardware to handle bigger HP numbers... 285 HP and 350 ftlbs is very uncommon for a typical 4cyl nooo can never happen, it a 4cyl they dont do that...

Thats better as well. Since now yoru talking about what a factory parts can handle .. not your freind with a garage found out his setup will run

I think yoru catching on here.

derek072887
02-21-2013, 09:47 AM
aside from the forged pistons... but the stocker cast cant take a beating...
?????

2.2shelby
02-21-2013, 09:49 AM
oh haha thanks for posting the quote... i meant they CAN take a beating... sorry mate...

derek072887
02-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Question... what makes an engine a "stroker" motor to you? I'm assuming the fact that they have a longer stroke than bore? If thats the case I hate to keep talking about honda's (getting rid of mine friday) but they have a longer stroke than bore from the factory as well

2.2shelby
02-21-2013, 09:57 AM
yes that whats classifies a stroker motor....

derek072887
02-21-2013, 09:59 AM
yes that whats classifies a stroker motor....
im just confused i guess... your saying your stroker motor makes an ungodly amount of torque but a honda motor is technically a stroker motor as well but we all know the lack of torque they have...

derek072887
02-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Just did a little reading on the 2.2, never have before and it reminds me alot of the 2.3 SOHC turbo 3 valve/ cylinder motor that mazda and ford used in the late 80's which was also a torque happy car. so it makes sense to me now.

2.2shelby
02-21-2013, 10:04 AM
don't know what to tell ya... they also rev to 8-9-10,000 RPM as ill only take my 2.5L up to about 6K and im done... intake runner length, head port design, VE all play a part in it...

2.2shelby
02-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Just did a little reading on the 2.2, never have before and it reminds me alot of the 2.3 SOHC turbo 3 valve/ cylinder motor that mazda and ford used in the late 80's which was also a torque happy car. so it makes sense to me now.

the 2.5l were more of the torque motors, the 2.2L are known for a bit more high end hp than low end torque... see in 88 chrysler redesigned the motor to use 1 block and make the 2.2L and the 2.5L ... commonly refered to as the common block... they just used different cranks and pistons...

JacobS
02-21-2013, 12:45 PM
so can i count on you to be my "go to mopar guy"?

sparkles
02-21-2013, 08:41 PM
This thread...

AutoMods
02-22-2013, 01:26 PM

i forgot.... welcome to the site . i hope i didn't scare you away already. i normally would wait a while but you called me a smart ass kid so the shit started flying early.

let me finish my current build and for sure i will grab a lane with you... i dont have a problem doing it now, but i know my little shit box will loose... but one day your gonna get whacked by a shitty little Omni and ill have a nice little smile when your handing over your cash...

bring it. is the omni going to be finished this year? what motor? auto or manual ? we have a forum shootout every year at Cedar falls raceway. despite fwd, surprisingly last year Bradley Justis's 11.0 second integra actually managed to be consistent enough to advance 4 rounds to the finals. well he did break an axle but he's the man and fixed it quickly . i'd say his car is an exception to what i've personally seen around here for fwd's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtaRIKh8gW4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtaRIKh8gW4

2.2shelby
02-22-2013, 05:06 PM
well see now... we all can be civil :D no worries man... i get a bit uptight myself when it comes to my little eclectic group of cars... i call everyone kid haha so your just one of the masses... theres a guy on CTR that has been known to call me kid as well even though hes 2 years older..

as far as the omni goes body work is done minus paint, suspension is done "stock suspension car" interior wire harness is done, need to fit a cage along with mocking up the motor and trans... and i gotta get my pass throughs in the fire wall for the IC... still a mile long list but alot of it is tieing up loose ends...

im going 2.4L 16V (SRT motor essentially) with a darrel cox 3 speed auto on a 26" tire... im not going to say what number im shooting for, dont need to start that all up again... lol... im hoping to have it done and ready to go for the first KOTS in June, but right now its a far cry... with this whole move thing really has my sights in other directions... hell i still have everything just thrown in the garage.... need me some organization time... but i just started back up working out here so im jumping on that as much as possible... make money, bang bishes...then work on the car....

oh and btw on a friendly note, i own you a GFYS!!!... i went to go and grab smokes 2 nights ago and wouldn't you know it... my rear cam seal popped out on me... leaving 3 out of my 5 qts of oil sitting on the ground!! wtf!!! didnt hurt anything, turns out the guy who rebuilt the motor used RTV instead of anaerobic sealent to hold it in... chryslers FSM states anaerobic sealant MUST be used!!! what ever... cleaned it up, douched it wiht the goo and good as new-ish

DustinsDuster
03-25-2013, 10:10 AM
is it a Shelby Lancer? only 4 door turbo car i can think of from back then

Sleepy
03-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Just noticed the DCR 3speed. MONEY MONEY :lmao:

2.2shelby
03-25-2013, 02:41 PM
is it a Shelby Lancer? only 4 door turbo car i can think of from back then

yep!! 89 Lancer Shelby