PDA

View Full Version : evo x at karls

AutoMods
02-16-2013, 10:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_hqVkix6Xo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_hqVkix6Xo

Phish
02-16-2013, 11:16 PM
Turned out to be a pretty good time. pretty sweet car. made for a pretty long day as well. Was there from 9:30 to about 2-2:30. Good times here in the midwest

JacobS
02-16-2013, 11:57 PM
so sick

BGjohnson
02-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Wish I could have made it! Looked fun.

slow ride
02-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Doesn't seem like it was quite at peak yet. Lots of jam on that turbo.

CROWN
02-17-2013, 10:09 PM
was stopping at 8.2k. Good to rev to 9.5k he didn't want to push it that high so just messed with a little more boost to get the record. Still had a lot left to go if wanted.

TbTalon94
02-18-2013, 06:54 AM
He has a bigger hotside for the turbo as well so more power/torque could be made. Remember it's a twin scroll housing so the "big" a/r numbers aren't the same as single scroll. A single scroll 1.02 housing would be WAYY to big for a 2.0L.

Impressive numbers, no one has mentioned this yet but it's also on stock ecu...which is impressive on it's own.

Xboosted23X
02-18-2013, 07:59 AM
I would of thought he would of had his tuner fly in. But I guess it worked out ok, pry just took a little longer than normal.

Phish
02-18-2013, 08:22 AM
It started off pretty awesome when Chase forgot to bring his laptop. However, Clint saved the day. But yeah, there was a little down time between tunes being loaded onto the car, but not as much as one woudl expect. Plus it worked out well since it gave the car time to cool down. Plus there was phone contact between clint,chase, and the tuner as well so its not like it was just emails back and forth. All in all it worked out pretty well

Drifte
02-18-2013, 09:46 AM
what does one do to have a nice evo 10, and a Porsche for a tow vehicle?

RedRocketZ28
02-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Have loaded parents apparently. He was getting a lot of shit about that on FB.

derek072887
02-18-2013, 10:14 AM
haters gonna hate.

Phish
02-18-2013, 10:16 AM
He has loaded parents yes, but at the same time he sells ins. Just like his "loaded" father. His dad was number one sales person last quarter and Chase was number two in sales right behind him. .... Thats what i hear anyway.

Deimos
02-18-2013, 10:21 AM
those 1320 peeps look like trolls

RedRocketZ28
02-18-2013, 10:34 AM
haters gonna hate.

I was in no way hating. I could care less how the car was built. Some people don't have the know how, skill, time, etc. to build their own car. Is it more rewarding to build your car in your own garage? Yes, it is. If I could afford to have my Lambo sent to UGR you bet your ass I would do it. Oh wait, I don't own a Lambo.

He has loaded parents yes, but at the same time he sells ins. Just like his "loaded" father. His dad was number one sales person last quarter and Chase was number two in sales right behind him. .... Thats what i hear anyway.

Yeah, I heard he worked for his Dad in the insurance field. Some people are lucky enough to be born into those opportunities. Nothing wrong with that unless they act like a complete douche because they have money. I did not get that vibe from anyone that was there though. My buddy was actually asking Chase questions about his car and he seemed to be a real down to earth dude.

Phish
02-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Yeah he comes off as a real prick if you watch the videos and jsut go by what was said on the internet. However if you get a little time to actually talk to the guy he is not that bad. Just out to have a good time but loves to stir the shit up on the internet. Take that interview about half way through the dyno day. A few of us were standing around talking by his car and as soon as Kyle flipped on the camera he changed to kinda the cockey shit stirrer and did that little run down of what was next and how things were going. Once the camera was shut off it was back to a normal good ol guy. I found it kinda comical.

Phish
02-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Now that i think of it, its kinda like i am. I talk alot of shit to alot of people when it comes to thier cars. When it comes down to it though, i give credit where credit is due and its just to get a rise out of people and get some good races and rivelries going (andy can agree with me on this one. I have been a dick to him a time or two about his car my car and my friends cars trying to get races going. He ususally calls me on my shit though lol) When it comes down to it, i have no problem with anyone really. Just tying to get people to come out and acutally get some racing done weather its the track or street.

RedRocketZ28
02-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Yeah I noticed that in the video too. I was hoping he was going to stick around and run Jordan. I would have gotten the car out to stretch its legs a bit as well.

Phish
02-18-2013, 11:41 AM
We talked about a run between the two when it was getting backed off the dyno. Both decided it was not a good idea for thier own reasons. However i see it going down at this years "Mini Cash Days" whenever it goes down.

Scott
02-18-2013, 11:47 AM
thats a whole lotta video for dyno pulls! He should roll race Jesse

RedRocketZ28
02-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Now that i think of it, its kinda like i am. I talk alot of shit to alot of people when it comes to thier cars. When it comes down to it though, i give credit where credit is due and its just to get a rise out of people and get some good races and rivelries going (andy can agree with me on this one. I have been a dick to him a time or two about his car my car and my friends cars trying to get races going. He ususally calls me on my shit though lol) When it comes down to it, i have no problem with anyone really. Just tying to get people to come out and acutally get some racing done weather its the track or street.

Yes, you do like to try and stir some shit up. I usually don't get too upset about internet talk. It would be different if someone were to run their mouth in person. That doesn't go over well usually.

My take on it is just run your car. If you get beat, you get beat. If you win, you win. At the end of the day it's all in good fun. No reason to act like a bad ass. I have more important things in my life to worry about than how fast my car is.

We talked about a run between the two when it was getting backed off the dyno. Both decided it was not a good idea for thier own reasons. However i see it going down at this years "Mini Cash Days" whenever it goes down.

Yeah, probably best as it was in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday.

Scott
02-18-2013, 12:01 PM
He does look and sound like a doucher, I'd race him

Phish
02-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Jordan starts working at Karl's next Monday. He believed it would be a bad deal if the right peopel found out they he took a car out that just left there dyno to go do pulls. Which i dont blame him there.

slow ride
02-18-2013, 12:27 PM
It's a ton of power on a 6466 for sure. Sounds like a t4 also, but I'd say it makes great midrange power for being a 2.0l. Must be that MIVEC kickin in :) Clint, what was the torque numbers just for shits? I'd guess around 550-600wtq?

JacobS
02-18-2013, 02:58 PM
thats a whole lotta video for dyno pulls! He should roll race Jesse

i think its the best dyno video ive seen to date...funny commentary makes every video great haha

Phish
02-18-2013, 03:21 PM
If i remember correctly it was around 580 Tq.

Deimos
02-18-2013, 06:38 PM
It's a ton of power on a 6466 for sure. Sounds like a t4 also, but I'd say it makes great midrange power for being a 2.0l. Must be that MIVEC kickin in :) Clint, what was the torque numbers just for shits? I'd guess around 550-600wtq?

Maybe there is hope for us after sll

AutoMods
02-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Maybe there is hope for us after sll

hope your twins can make as much power as his smaller single :boobies:

sparkles
02-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Whoa whoa whoa. Jordan is gonna work at Karl's?

Phish
02-18-2013, 08:36 PM
yep.. Slingin parts for Ryan

sparkles
02-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Wow. Cool. Who's running Ziebart then?

BGjohnson
02-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Good for him!

JacobS
02-18-2013, 10:01 PM
and jordan is...sharpie? with the turbo cobra?

Phish
02-19-2013, 06:02 AM
Yes Sharpie... They sold Ziebart months ago.

SledgeWS6
02-19-2013, 06:57 AM
Lookin'/sounding good! I was just at Karl's yesterday. I could probably spend a whole day there easily.