PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1972 Street monster....Quarter mile in 5.1.......

SaNdMaNsSi
02-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Days....

1972 Honda CT70 3 speed. Technically it's a 1 owner bike, I bought it from the original owner and have never driven it. I have 6 of these, and starting to part with them 1 by 1 with the least sentimental first. It sat in a farmer's barn for a little more than a decade before I got it. I cleaned the carb, and replaced the stator assembly. Someone before me tried to be a mechanic and broke a hole in the side of the stator plate trying to remove it, thinking that the reason it wasn't getting spark was the charging system...it was actually 3 broken wires that a mouse had chewed through on the wiring harness. So, I put in a new stator and fixed the harness. At the same time I updated the throttle to a more reliable one that doesn't get stuck after sitting. It needs a brake lever and cable on the left side, but other than that, it's good to go. Any questions, I'd be happy to answer.

COMES WITH A TITLE
1,000 and you could be riding dirty.

Also, the pic shows right after I installed the new throttle. I think I have a handgrip for the throttle, but not sure. If I do, I'll put it on.

SaNdMaNsSi
02-11-2013, 11:26 AM
http://www.iowaautoforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1077&stc=1&d=1360607139