PDA

View Full Version : Carson for President

SledgeWS6
02-11-2013, 08:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA

I think this is a message America needs to hear.

sparkles
02-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Too long.

Sleepy
02-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Listened to it while working. Great speach, love how Michelle claps at the speach yet her husband is aiding in the destruction of what the speach is about.

I concur Carson for Prez.

SledgeWS6
02-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Too long.

Worth your time.

Listened to it while working. Great speach, love how Michelle claps at the speach yet her husband is aiding in the destruction of what the speach is about.

I concur Carson for Prez.

Its awesome he totally ripped barry without him even knowing it at first. Haha.

Batwood
02-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Vote McGovern.

sparkles
02-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Don't blame me, I voted for the american.

lenny
02-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Guys like him need to be in government. Guys like him never will be. This country hasn't gotten bad enough for those with the ability to succeed to stand up and re-gain control.
-Dan

AutoMods
02-22-2013, 04:40 PM
i stopped watching.....far too much mixture of church and state

SledgeWS6
02-22-2013, 06:11 PM

Christ is King!

AutoMods
02-22-2013, 06:26 PM
This great nation was founded on freedom of religion. History shows what happens when a country or government tries to force a certain religion on its people. I'll gladly listen to quotes from the bible at church but not when talking politics.

AutoMods
02-22-2013, 06:31 PM
my last name is Dao, so i have to support Daoism . google it

Daoism or 道教 (d*o ji*o) is one of China’s major religions indigenous to the country. The primary belief is in learning and practicing “The Way” (Dao) which is the ultimate truth to the universe.
Also known as Taoism, Daoism traces its roots to 6th Century BC Chinese philosopher Laozi wrote the iconic book Dao De Jing on the tenets of the Dao.

86svo9L
02-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Tao De Jing is a great book. Highly recommended.

sparkles
02-23-2013, 07:29 AM

As far as I'm concerned, there needs to be more. We've become so PC and immoral, it's nauseating. When people seem to have the opinion that the government should pay for someone's birth control and that killing unborn children is ok, there's something that's totally wrong with society.

It's not just a right vs left, republican vs democrat thing either. Both sides are guilty of a lot of the same things, and to me, the 2 party system is nothing more than a facade to make the general public think that there's a difference between the two and that their votes actually make a difference in the outcome of where this country is going. When people start doing some actual investigating into who their voting for is when there will be a change. When people actually take into account that when you vote for president, you're not voting for that person and that you're actually voting for the people running that person (ie: Goldman Sachs), there might actually be a shift towards prosperity.

Call me stupid, but I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility. I don't think that other's should have to pay for my poor choices and lifestyle. I also believe that the government should not be a crutch for those unwilling to do for themselves. This includes welfare recipients as well as other countries that hate us. I find it ridiculous the amount of money spent on foreign countries with little to no results for no other reason than special interests, while there are actual needs and justification to have that money and resources used on OUR country first.

sparkles
02-23-2013, 07:34 AM
I'll gladly listen to quotes from the bible at church but not when talking politics.
Not just to point out that that's hypocritical, but I don't see where anyone is trying shove a certain religion down the American people's throats. Don't get confused into thinking that people wanting morals and family values is the same as the wanting you to be a Christian.

86svo9L
02-23-2013, 08:02 AM
As far as I'm concerned, there needs to be more. We've become so PC and immoral, it's nauseating. When people seem to have the opinion that the government should pay for someone's birth control and that killing unborn children is ok, there's something that's totally wrong with society.

It's not just a right vs left, republican vs democrat thing either. Both sides are guilty of a lot of the same things, and to me, the 2 party system is nothing more than a facade to make the general public think that there's a difference between the two and that their votes actually make a difference in the outcome of where this country is going. When people start doing some actual investigating into who their voting for is when there will be a change. When people actually take into account that when you vote for president, you're not voting for that person and that you're actually voting for the people running that person (ie: Goldman Sachs), there might actually be a shift towards prosperity.

Call me stupid, but I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility. I don't think that other's should have to pay for my poor choices and lifestyle. I also believe that the government should not be a crutch for those unwilling to do for themselves. This includes welfare recipients as well as other countries that hate us. I find it ridiculous the amount of money spent on foreign countries with little to no results for no other reason than special interests, while there are actual needs and justification to have that money and resources used on OUR country first.

I agree.

Sleepy
02-23-2013, 08:06 AM
Sparkles summed up completely how I feel.

SaNdMaNsSi
02-23-2013, 10:42 AM
So...you're okay with the morals and ethics of the Bible while in a church setting...but not in politics? Sounds hypocritical...

Do you also only believe what a doctor tells you while in his office, yet when you get home you throw away his orders?

Do you only believe the mechanic while you're at the tire store?

The list goes on and on.

If you aren't taking anything home with you after leaving a lesson of any kind, you obviously aren't grasping the concepts....religion or otherwise.

AutoMods
02-23-2013, 12:46 PM
not being a hypocrite I go to church to learn about Christianity. the bible is a great historical book regardless of religion. I believe it contains a mixture of accurate historical accounts as well as inaccuracies also. I also go to church also to let my children learn about Christianity so they are educated enough to make their own life choices. I won't shelter them from learning about other religions, evolution, athiesm, etc. I've studied many religions in college. that doesn't mean i want our president making laws based on one religions book.

speaking of hypocrites, this site has some big defenders of the 2nd amendment but are we now trying to throw the first amendment under the bus .... "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

I originally just skipped around in the video. Now that i've watched more of the video, he doesn't really reference the bible as much as i thought, his opening statements and some more during the last 1/3rd of it. but it was a good speech overall. i just get cautious when someone involved with politics brings up their religion too much

SaNdMaNsSi
02-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Well, when the first protects the second, instead of the second protecting the first, I'll argue a little harder for it. I haven't seen a single post arguing against your first amendment rights, or commenting upon limiting them in any way. Apples to oranges.

AutoMods
02-23-2013, 01:07 PM

As far as I'm concerned, there needs to be more.

^ here is what I'm talking about sandman. more mixture of church and state would mean weakening the first amendment

SaNdMaNsSi
02-23-2013, 01:13 PM
^ here is what I'm talking about sandman. more mixture of church and state would mean weakening the first amendment

I'm pretty sure what he meant was more morality rather than interjecting more church into the government...

sparkles
02-23-2013, 02:10 PM
^Thank you

Like I said before, you're confusing moral values for religion. While most would say being religious means having morals, a moral person doesn't necessarily have to be religious. Kinda like, not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslim.

I find it very interesting you attend church yet are implying you don't believe anything. May I ask what denomination you consider yourself or what type of church you attend if you don't consider yourself affiliated with any one type? I'm really not trying to rip you apart here. Believe it or not, I'm trying to walk on eggshells with this subject, but man, I'm just really confused if you're being serious.

SledgeWS6
02-23-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm pretty sure what he meant was more morality rather than interjecting more church into the government...

Agreed and I agree with what sparkles said. I found nothing in this video interjecting more religion into government outside of increased morals. Now, pure speculation is an argument of the fool rather than seeing t he message beyond the medium he interjected. He is in fact a priest, one who practices in the medical field...of course the language of his message will be as such.. His message was simple: Fairness is not pure financial equality as your liberal counterparts will point out. Fairness is each person paying their dues at an equal rate, but that shpuld not result in an equal outcome. I could quote the video, but I think its just best you actually listen to the message instead of damning it to hog wash just because you tasted thr slightest hint of religion.

AutoMods
02-23-2013, 03:35 PM
sounds like you guys all agree about separation of church and state . not sure why i was quoted in post 13. i said seperation of church and state not seperation of morals and state. but i'm glad its been cleared up now

AutoMods
02-23-2013, 04:27 PM
He is in fact a priest, one who practices in the medical field...of course the language of his message will be as such..

wait a second, he is a christian priest? and you would like him to be president. I would think that would be a conflict of interest. surely a christian priest would start pushing laws based on the bible which would break the first amendment.

SledgeWS6
02-23-2013, 05:44 PM
wait a second, he is a christian priest? and you would like him to be president. I would think that would be a conflict of interest. surely a christian priest would start pushing laws based on the bible which would break the first amendment.

Man...with all this conclusion jumping, Im surprised you need other forms of exercise! ;)

Just messing, but back to the point: I guess if a priest in office scares you, any Christian should. I know many people who are more serious about their religion than their respective priests. We can go back and fourth all day, but his ideas are good and classically conservative nonetheless...regardless of his religious undertones.

sparkles
02-23-2013, 08:28 PM
: Fairness is not pure financial equality as your liberal counterparts will point out. Fairness is each person paying their dues at an equal rate, but that shpuld not result in an equal outcome. I could quote the video, but I think its just best you actually listen to the message instead of damning it to hog wash just because you tasted thr slightest hint of religion.
Life, liberty, and the PURSUIT of happiness. Not the guarantee of it.

That's the wonderful thing about having 3 branches of government. The executive branch doesn't make laws.