PDA

View Full Version : 2013 IAF Street Car Shootout ?

Pages : 1 [2]

SledgeWS6
08-22-2013, 06:10 AM
Only things that are going to be allowed are Chevy Cruzes or Pewter Silverados

Can my cobalt enter?....oh wait, its a manual.

83s10v8
08-22-2013, 06:42 AM
What track is this gunna be at? I'll come watch.. trucks to slow to race. but ill be there to watch!

Batwood
08-22-2013, 06:48 AM
What exactly are you implying by that? Are you referring to a class car or a 10.5 car? Because majority of stock suspension street cars sit on a 10.5 inch tire these days just want you to clear that up.

A class car. A fast car. Most are 8 second cars or faster. Joe Blow in his 10 second street car isn't gonna keep up so well lol.

OldSkoolRCR
08-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Brian there are alot of "Joe Blow" mid/bottom 8s street cars. You know what they say Fastest car dont always WIN!

derek072887
08-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Brian there are alot of "Joe Blow" mid/bottom 8s street cars. You know what they say Fastest car dont always WIN!

Not in iowa

K-ville
08-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Not in iowa
Maybe not that you know of or see but there are plenty of them they just don't come out to play for allot of reasons. I think most feel there isn't much worth coming out over.

K-ville
08-22-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm not trying to hate on a guy for trying to put on am event I'm just saying the cage rule doesn't make sense to me. If you have a slow car then a heads up event isn't the way to go! Make and index or a bracket if your scared of faster cars.

And anyone else notice the only people backing up this event are the front runners for winning it? Weird huh

K-ville
08-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Double post*

skipdownstairs
08-22-2013, 09:35 AM
They go to car shows or they don't have the cages to contend with NHRA saftey requirements or don't want to put cages in their cars but they are 8 second cars.

K-ville is right there are a lot more of those cars around than you think.

AutoMods
08-22-2013, 09:56 AM
My cars a streetcar with the safety stuff to support what its capable of.

i think this pretty much sums it up. your basically saying that you built a cage to run quicker then 8.50s and your also saying your car is capable of running those times. So you would not be a good candidate to race with a class of 10-12 second cars. i think the cage rule is working perfectly in this scenario.

The Street Car Shootout does not define what a street car is. its just a name for a race for a group of people, for fun. we didn't want to call it the slow people shootout. the 10.5 points races and Andy and Mikes small tire shootout is designed for your car, and they need more racers so you should sign up as those guys have been working hard to promote those events and gathering sponsors.

derek072887
08-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Maybe not that you know of or see but there are plenty of them they just don't come out to play for allot of reasons. I think most feel there isn't much worth coming out over.

Should have specified, Not in Iowa that actually come out and compete in events.

AutoMods
08-22-2013, 10:10 AM
And anyone else notice the only people backing up this event are the front runners for winning it? Weird huh

there has been over 20 racers for each of the last two years, cars in the 10's 11's 12's 13's 14's 15's ET's so no its not just front runners. I participated back a few years ago when Rob was in charge, my car only ran high 11's and the winners were running 10's, just to get out and have some fun with other racers.

derek072887
08-22-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm not trying to hate on a guy for trying to put on am event I'm just saying the cage rule doesn't make sense to me. If you have a slow car then a heads up event isn't the way to go! Make and index or a bracket if your scared of faster cars.

You. Cant. Even. Compete, even if the cage rules were lifted, your car isn't finished, try again in 2015

K-ville
08-22-2013, 10:28 AM
i think this pretty much sums it up. your basically saying that you built a cage to run quicker then 8.50s and your also saying your car is capable of running those times. So you would not be a good candidate to race with a class of 10-12 second cars. i think the cage rule is working perfectly in this scenario.

The Street Car Shootout does not define what a street car is. its just a name for a race for a group of people, for fun. we didn't want to call it the slow people shootout. the 10.5 points races and Andy and Mikes small tire shootout is designed for your car, and they need more racers so you should sign up as those guys have been working hard to promote those events and gathering sponsors.

My cage was overkill just to make sure it doesn't have to be done again! I bet I make less HP than some legal cars!!!!

derek072887
08-22-2013, 10:32 AM
My cage was overkill just to make sure it doesn't have to be done again! I bet I make less HP than some legal cars!!!!

Hp is just a number, right Scotty K?

You stated your car IS CAPABLE of needing that cage, not that it COULD BE....

K-ville
08-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Hp is just a number, right Scotty K?

You stated your car IS CAPABLE of needing that cage, not that it COULD BE....

Yeah with another motor setup my car is capable of going father than 8.50 you don't know shit about my car stop acting like you do! The things that aren't done on my car are like chassis cert and shit like that.

K-ville
08-22-2013, 10:43 AM
there has been over 20 racers for each of the last two years, cars in the 10's 11's 12's 13's 14's 15's ET's so no its not just front runners. I participated back a few years ago when Rob was in charge, my car only ran high 11's and the winners were running 10's, just to get out and have some fun with other racers.
Top runners are the only ones backing you up on here

AutoMods
08-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Yeah with another motor setup my car is capable of going father than 8.50 you don't know shit about my car stop acting like you do! The things that aren't done on my car are like chassis cert and shit like that.

just bring it up next year if you'd like to enter. i personally don't care, it will be up to the other auto class participants.

K-ville
08-22-2013, 10:59 AM
just bring it up next year if you'd like to enter. i personally don't care, it will be up to the other auto class participants.

I could race this year! I'm not asking you to let me in I'm saying the rule is stupid good god man do I need to draw a picture?! Lol

AutoMods
08-22-2013, 11:20 AM
I could race this year! I'm not asking you to let me in I'm saying the rule is stupid good god man do I need to draw a picture?! Lol

i thought you said your car won't be done. go ahead and register for the event and pay your $20 to let me know your serious. i'll give you a refund if others decide against it. no refunds for no shows though.

Scott
08-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Hey it is what it is, a good excuse for me to drink at the track and help my dad out since he likes to go beat up his car on this track day. I do honestly enjoy it. but I also do believe this is basically the only forum representing OUR area here near CR, and you put on a "Street car race" put your forum name on it and then all the impressive fast street cars in the area on this forum arent allowed to represent. The people being excluded are the hardcore enthusiast's with the most impressive cars in the area IMO. Some more fat to chew on there lol

FiFdYnUtZ
08-22-2013, 11:47 AM
If the cage rule doesnt make sense then why does KOTS use that rule for jr and gangster classes? Its to weed out the race cars and keep the event competitive, how does that not make sense to you who in their right mind would want a cage like that in a car that sees more street time than track time? Those things are about as convenient and comfortable as a beer can in your ass

derek072887
08-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Hey it is what it is, a good excuse for me to drink at the track and help my dad out since he likes to go beat up his car on this track day. I do honestly enjoy it. but I also do believe this is basically the only forum representing OUR area here near CR, and you put on a "Street car race" put your forum name on it and then all the impressive fast street cars in the area on this forum arent allowed to represent. The people being excluded are the hardcore enthusiast's with the most impressive cars in the area IMO. Some more fat to chew on there lol

Those cars are class legal, are actually competitive in their classes, and have many dedicated track days throughout the year. We are trying to put together an event for the average car owner.

Plus how many of them will come out with such a small pay out? there's a load of fat to chew on right back at ya ;)

If you want to represent there lots of IowaAutoForums.com stickers you can put on your car! :D

FiFdYnUtZ
08-22-2013, 11:49 AM
The outlaw shooutout is the same day, thats where the race cars enter, although chitown, is gunna send everyone home broke I hear

skipdownstairs
08-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Tyler why did you put a beer can in your ass

AutoMods
08-22-2013, 11:54 AM

we'll see if we can come up with another class next year for a faster group. you thinking just no rules or some kind of looser ruled "street car" class.

skipdownstairs
08-22-2013, 12:00 PM
I say if you want a class for more streetable cars make them all run a 8.5 tire. Mike and I have talked about it and we could side it with our main events next season no cages quicker than 8.50 or something. I will be starting a thread for discussion shortly

Drifte
08-22-2013, 12:55 PM
I cant really understand the complaints. Originally this was the manual car shoot out, to get more people involved auto cars were added. More people, more cars, so more rules had to be made. Its a small event, basically put together by one person. It sounds like everyone wants to be able to join, which will require some more classes, and probably more rules. If for some reason this doesn't cater exactly to your needs to make you competitive in a class, make up your own event, and buy yourself some trophies.

This is a fun and friendly get together. Some people want it to be something else, its not, get over it. The idea of another event for the really fast cars in the area sounds awesome, I'd love to see that happen.

OldSkoolRCR
08-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Just Lovin this shit!!!!!

Newgen
08-22-2013, 01:08 PM
i thought you said your car won't be done. go ahead and register for the event and pay your $20 to let me know your serious. i'll give you a refund if others decide against it. no refunds for no shows though.

No complaints here.

skipdownstairs
08-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Gna be a good day I can smell the rubber burning already mmmmmmmmmm

93stang5oh
08-22-2013, 02:13 PM
So I don't have to read through the whole thread again..........when is it?

skipdownstairs
08-22-2013, 02:15 PM
October 5th

93stang5oh
08-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Damn you didn't need to yell at me Andy! :)

skipdownstairs
08-22-2013, 02:38 PM
lol

StreetSweeper
08-22-2013, 02:50 PM
A class car. A fast car. Most are 8 second cars or faster. Joe Blow in his 10 second street car isn't gonna keep up so well lol.

Ok I just wanted to clarify. Most cars with a "TIRE" in general are sitting on a 10.5 inch.

K-ville
08-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Never asked for my car to be let in... never asked for a rule change... never asked to make the event into anything different than planned... just said its a stupid rule and I stand by that statement still.

derek072887
08-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Never asked for my car to be let in... never asked for a rule change... never asked to make the event into anything different than planned... just said its a stupid rule and I stand by that statement still.

You spend way to much of your time complaining about something you supposedly don't even want to be a part of... You havn't posted on this forum for a few weeks and you come on here and choose to bitch about this.... go back into hiding and crying about your car not being done on Facebook or go over to yellowbullet and tell the KOTS guys their rule is dumb hahaha I'd join just to see them tear you apart.

K-ville
08-22-2013, 03:32 PM
You spend way to much of your time complaining about something you supposedly don't even want to be a part of... You havn't posted on this forum for a few weeks and you come on here and choose to bitch about this.... go back into hiding and crying about your car not being done on Facebook or go over to yellowbullet and tell the KOTS guys their rule is dumb hahaha I'd join just to see them tear you apart.

just because your under ryans desk trying to work your way to the top doesnt mean you need to take your agression out on me. its an open forum ill post what i want when I want about whatever i want. so how about you stop being a troll and move on to the my little pony forums where you can actually contribute. and speaking of facebook do me a big favor and stop friend requesting me.. after three times i figured you would take the hint. My car runs drives makes good power and is coming together great so you can back off that also.

sparkles
08-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Tyler why did you put a beer can in your ass
Took the words right outta my mouth.

I personally fit into the category of a person that caged a car to stiffen it up to handle better, and my crap is slow. Not to the extent it has a full halo and whatnot, but it's not the typical 6 point roll bar. I will say that before the swingout kit, I hated even getting it out of the garage. Now it gets driven around quite a bit.

derek072887
08-22-2013, 03:42 PM
just because your under ryans desk trying to work your way to the top doesnt mean you need to take your agression out on me. its an open forum ill post what i want when I want about whatever i want. so how about you stop being a troll and move on to the my little pony forums where you can actually contribute. and speaking of facebook do me a big favor and stop friend requesting me.. after three times i figured you would take the hint. My car runs drives makes good power and is coming together great so you can back off that also.

Aggression? where?
Troll? where? You are stating your opinion on a rule in an event you don't even want to compete in
Speaking of contributing on a forum... have you ever?
As far as facebook I find it funny you won't add me after (2) friend requests, the second time I even forgot I had sent the first HA

glad to hear the car is coming together (finally) we will see all kinds of video's of you driving it to the grocery store and to work and then to the track where you will be competitive in 10.5 (LOL) and then drive home.

K-ville
08-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Aggression? where?
Troll? where? You are stating your opinion on a rule in an event you don't even want to compete in
Speaking of contributing on a forum... have you ever?
As far as facebook I find it funny you won't add me after (2) friend requests, the second time I even forgot I had sent the first HA

glad to hear the car is coming together (finally) we will see all kinds of video's of you driving it to the grocery store and to work and then to the track where you will be competitive in 10.5 (LOL) and then drive home.

your such a douche lol i drive my car almost everynight after work trying to iron out all the kinks of a new car. ill drive it on the regular once i get it all ironed out and ill race 10.5 and be one of the slower cars but still have ablast doing it! i dont have to win to justify doing it. i just want to so im going to.

K-ville
08-22-2013, 04:10 PM
If the cage rule doesnt make sense then why does KOTS use that rule for jr and gangster classes? Its to weed out the race cars and keep the event competitive, how does that not make sense to you who in their right mind would want a cage like that in a car that sees more street time than track time? Those things are about as convenient and comfortable as a beer can in your ass

i forgot to comment on this. the fact another group uses the same stupid rule doesnt change anything for me... its not a big deal just my opinion. and for my cage to each their own i want to haul ass and cruise and to go fast i have to have a cage so i went all out in one shot on it while it was tore apart so i never have to do it again. Id really like to do dragweek with it someday when its faster.

FiFdYnUtZ
08-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Beer can was a one time thing, I swear...I see your point of going big while your in there doing the cage but I just find it pointless and overkill for a street car, especially if the car wont be capable of sub 8.50 passes for a while, kind of like scotty t rockin the chute

K-ville
08-22-2013, 06:58 PM
Beer can was a one time thing, I swear...I see your point of going big while your in there doing the cage but I just find it pointless and overkill for a street car, especially if the car wont be capable of sub 8.50 passes for a while, kind of like scotty t rockin the chute
Not to say that you don't know what your talking about because I honestly wouldn't know but by your statement I'm guessing you have never full caged a car.. we did mini tubs through the floor subs and a 8.50 cage all at once and about 90% through it I was like this blows and I'm going to have to do custom interior anyway why not go all out once and be done. Maybe not the brightest and I hate myself for it everytime I have to do something under the dash but oh well its done looks kool and if the unfortunate day hits at the track I need it I'll be as safe as I can be.

K-ville
08-22-2013, 07:05 PM
And I don't know what my car will run either... some think it will run past the 8.50s but I don't think it will. But ya never know till ya do it.

FiFdYnUtZ
08-22-2013, 09:12 PM
I understand the concept of trying to down play my cage experience to deviate from the point, but whether you think its stupid or not, street cars generally dont need hooped cages, pretty easy line to draw if you think about this event and the ideology behind iy

AutoMods
08-22-2013, 10:27 PM
just curious but are swing outs allowed below 8.50's ?

K-ville
08-23-2013, 04:52 AM
I understand the concept of trying to down play my cage experience to deviate from the point, but whether you think its stupid or not, street cars generally dont need hooped cages, pretty easy line to draw if you think about this event and the ideology behind iy
What did I down play?.. and I didn't I explained exactly why I did none how I did. Please feel free to tell me about your cage experience. When you have a car that actually needs something like a 8.50 cert or faster it might clear up for you a little. Bottom line my car my choice and its a 25.5 street car!

K-ville
08-23-2013, 05:00 AM
I don't have swings.. I'm not sure about the rules behind them.

K-ville
08-23-2013, 05:11 AM
Bottom line its not my race I'm not competing I don't fit in the rules and I think there son why is stupid. That's all no need to fight me for days attempting to prove me wrong. The event is what it is and I hope you guys have a good time that are racing!! I may even come up and watch.

FiFdYnUtZ
08-23-2013, 07:04 AM
Im sick of this argument, if your car is a street car, feel free to drive it to cr and race me on the street next year, ill make it worth the trip

Sunny Z
08-23-2013, 07:24 AM
Just read like the last 4 pages of this thread. Cliff notes : " I don't want to compete in your event, but i'd like to complain about it". SMH. Go somewhere else.

derek072887
08-23-2013, 07:26 AM
Bottom line its not my race I'm not competing I don't fit in the rules and I think there son why is stupid. That's all no need to fight me for days attempting to prove me wrong. The event is what it is and I hope you guys have a good time that are racing!! I may even come up and watch.

Fighting for days? You bring this stupid shit up every year....

K-ville
08-23-2013, 07:38 AM
Im sick of this argument, if your car is a street car, feel free to drive it to cr and race me on the street next year, ill make it worth the trip

Typical.. I'm sure this can happen sometime.

K-ville
08-23-2013, 07:38 AM
Just read like the last 4 pages of this thread. Cliff notes : " I don't want to compete in your event, but i'd like to complain about it". SMH. Go somewhere else.
Nah I'll do what I want thanks for the input though.

snickerlicker
08-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Im sick of this argument, if your car is a street car, feel free to drive it to cr and race me on the street NEXT year, ill make it worth the trip

:261:

Sunny Z
08-23-2013, 08:05 AM
Nah I'll do what I want thanks for the input though.

Easy there keyboard warrior.

K-ville
08-23-2013, 08:07 AM
Easy there keyboard warrior.

Easy? ... I said thanks and everything! Haha

FiFdYnUtZ
08-23-2013, 08:28 AM
:261:

He said his car wont even be ready in october, im assuming next year should work....typical or not, if you have a street car that needs a hoop itbshould be easy money, you know ill show up

Scott
08-23-2013, 09:16 AM

No, for the 25.5 cert "7.50 et for MOST cars" the doors are required to have a x brace which generally means you should have a removable steering wheel to get out of the car fast or if your upside down.

StreetSweeper
08-23-2013, 11:46 AM
NHRA rules allow swing outs for cars running 8.50s or slower so with that being said you guys will be able to run them your entire life!

allgo
08-23-2013, 12:42 PM
NHRA rules allow swing outs for cars running 8.50s or slower so with that being said you guys will be able to run them your entire life!

Might be the funniest post of the year by you george...

AutoMods
08-23-2013, 12:49 PM
street car for life yooooo . on my lunch break today

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yYBJfcaDIXQ/UhetEU_a-PI/AAAAAAAACuw/Zy9RHCN6U_w/w650-h488-no/photo.jpg

FiFdYnUtZ
08-23-2013, 02:18 PM
What kind of mpg you getting?

sparkles
08-23-2013, 02:46 PM
What kind of mpg you getting?

:biggrin:

OldSkoolRCR
09-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Ryan, how about we do first round calls out in the Auto and Stick class this year as they do in KOTS, for those who want to call someone out, and 2nd round on run it off a ladder or how ever you do it?

AutoMods
09-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Ryan, how about we do first round calls out in the Auto and Stick class this year as they do in KOTS, for those who want to call someone out, and 2nd round on run it off a ladder or how ever you do it?

just curious but what would you do if the other racer does not accept the call out. also if the fastest guys are calling each other out in the first round and eliminating each other, the semi-finals and finals may not have the fastest cars.

last year we used sportsman seeding, so with 16 racers, instead of number 1 racing number 16. #1 would race a mid pack guy like #8 seed. another nice thing is the cfr computer does all the work with the seeding and printouts

http://importevolution.com/temp/shootout_2012/IAF%20manual%20bracket.jpg

StreetSweeper
09-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Person being called out would have the right to decline the call out. It's just something they do at a lot of the hat draw type shootouts. You don't have to do it but sometimes its cool and makes things interesting and you can knock out a grudge race all at the same time. Its not like IF you get called out you "HAVE" to except but is cool when people do.

StreetSweeper
09-08-2013, 08:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe15MMTGSV8