PDA

View Full Version : Dyno days at Karl Performance with Bob Kurgan tuning

Vitoman
12-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Okay, I just got off the phone with Bob. He is willing to come tune really any time you guys are interested. Im thinking late March or Early april if everyone is willing. He would like to do a 2 day event, Friday and Saturday, so it would really work out great for the guys who are willing to come on Friday to fill that day and we can Work on Saturday from there. Here is how it breaks down-

He would like to see about 12 cars between the two days. Pricing starts at $400 to Bob plus the dyno time to Karl Performance. So for example, if its a basic pulley, CAI tune on a '03 Cobra you will pay Bob $400 and if we have 6 guys per day you will split the dyno day rental ($695) between the 6 guys which would come out to $125 per person with tax. So if thats about what needs done you will have $525 in the deal between Bob and Karl Performance for a custom Kurgan tune and dyno time. You pay us for the dyno, you pay Bob for the tuning. If its a more involved setup you potentially would pay more to Bob for the tune, but Ive worked with him tons of times and set up dyno days with him as well and he is always reasonable. He can tune any stand alone on any make so if you want him to do something other than a Mustang with SCT it can be done.

So at this point I would like to compile a list of who would be willing to come and when. TENATIVE dates are-
March 29, 39
April 5, 6
April 12, 13
April 19, 20

If we can compile a list of when you can make it, what you have and what you are looking to do I will forward it to Bob. Also, if we cannot get al least 12 cars we will have to move dates to later on thru the summer, which a lot of it is filling up quickly for Bob and Karl Performance both. If you have any questions feel free to email me or call me here at the shop, 515-963-7197. This is always a good time and I hope everyone can be a part of it. Thanks!
Ryan Vitiritto

snickerlicker
12-14-2012, 10:50 AM
BK in the house! People need to take advantage of this.

c_mart_28
12-14-2012, 02:34 PM
When my car was on a Kurgan tune it ran beautifully. Well worth the investment, guys!

sharpie
12-14-2012, 03:37 PM
You already know I'm in. As soon as I get the car finished I'll be up there getting a read on my current pump gas tune if it looks good and makes good power I'm thinking I'll have him do a race gas tune!!

allgo
12-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Bob Kurgan is one of the best tuners around guys if any of you need your car tuned I recomend him...he has been my tuner for the last 12 years...the best thing about bob to is once he tunes your junk he is a phone call away to help you...

he does have a big fucking pumpkin head though..lol

allgo
12-14-2012, 07:40 PM
vito you should put in on the qcaaf board...

FiFdYnUtZ
12-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Will he have time to do a more extensive/comprehensive turbo tune for $400?

FiFdYnUtZ
12-16-2012, 08:51 AM
vito you should put in on the qcaaf board...

Definitely should post this there

K-ville
12-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Hpw much is dyno time at karls minus kurgan? Ill supply my tuner.

Vitoman
12-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Fifdy, right now I have a few cars lined up that might require a little more than a basic tune, so there is still time for him to do it. If we need to get an exact you can either email me, r.vitiritto@karlperformance or Bob with the details on your setup and we can quote you a price.

Jake, the dyno time is $695 a day or $100 an hour. Let me know if you want to set something up.

Thanks for the recommendation of the other site guys. I will sign on there and post it up.

Deimos
12-17-2012, 06:47 PM
So does he do blow through tune?

Vitoman
12-18-2012, 09:50 AM
So does he do blow through tune?

Bob would not but our staff certainly can. We have a very good carb tech on hand with a ton of experience. Give me a call and we can talk it over if your interested.
Ryan
DIRECT- 515-963-7197
SHOP- 888-771-5574

Deimos
03-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Bob would not but our staff certainly can. We have a very good carb tech on hand with a ton of experience. Give me a call and we can talk it over if your interested.
Ryan
DIRECT- 515-963-7197
SHOP- 888-771-5574

Cool cool I will call when its closer. Heads cam and carb are still out. But carb is csu built quick fuel carb with dual needle and seats set up for e85.