PDA

View Full Version : Brake Rotor Powdercoat?

Doom
12-11-2012, 11:00 AM
So... I had considered a BBK upgrade but it won't play nice with my winter wheels and frankly, at $2500 it's just not worth it on this particular car. Instead I bought some slotted rotors, braided lines, ceramic pads, etc... Part of my push to replace the OEM parts is that the stock components are ridiculously prone to rust and the hats are a mess after only one year. With my summer wheels being so open faced, much of the hat rust is visible; so I ended up getting some EBC blackdashes:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6043/48348946141037058282081.jpg

These shipped direct from EBC and maybe I'm too picky but I'm not fond of all the scratches and the rust they'll bring. I'm sure if I returned them I'd get more of the same. Would powdercoating the rotors (except for the pad path) be the way to go or would you just rusto them and call it a day? Triangles of the hat are visible between my lugs/spokes as are the sides.

TbTalon94
12-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Just rustoleum or plastidip them. That should be a zinc coating, but with shipping/packing the rotors hitting eachother it can scratch pretty easily.

Doom
12-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks. They actually ship individually in their own boxes but it looks like the rotors are mounted to a machine that does the slotting. I can't imagine much care goes into moving them on and off of it.

Domestic Disturbance
12-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Some rustoleum paint and you'll be fine