PDA

View Full Version : Was watching KCRG earlier....

JustinS
08-20-2012, 09:17 PM
They were doing a story on wind energy layoffs and a black vette with polished wheels sped out of the parking lot behind the reporter. Was that you Ricky?

:drive:

AutoMods
08-20-2012, 09:42 PM
his corvette is for sale on craigslist now

...............jk

JustinS
08-20-2012, 09:48 PM
I just hope he didn't work there and lose his job.

DustinsDuster
08-21-2012, 03:18 AM
Ricky did work at Clipper; last i knew he still did. hope everything's alright. one thing i love about my job is job security. beer is one of the last things people will give up in a shit economy.

Drifte
08-21-2012, 06:37 AM
He still works there, they just happen to film during lunch hour when everyone was leaving...more dramatic that way probably.

SaNdMaNsSi
08-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Wait wait wait....I thought all of the tv and radio ads said that Obama was creating jobs in the wind sector, and that if we elected Romney people would be losing their jobs....so.....did I fall asleep and wake up post November elections!? I thought Obama was just here a week ago talking to wind energy sector people about the jobs he was creating for them....

Deimos
08-21-2012, 09:48 AM
Wait wait wait....I thought all of the tv and radio ads said that Obama was creating jobs in the wind sector, and that if we elected Romney people would be losing their jobs....so.....did I fall asleep and wake up post November elections!? I thought Obama was just here a week ago talking to wind energy sector people about the jobs he was creating for them....

If you remember correctly clipper hasnt been doing so hot. In 08 they were doing a freeze on jobs. Apparently from my understanding is Obama tried to help them out but congress or somebody shot it down. Lol I have tried getting a job there a couple times. A flunky I went to tech school with works there and one of my buddies is a higher up there. Hope all is well for Ricky.

Ricky
08-21-2012, 10:29 AM
That was me leaving the parking lot yesterday. I had just said goodbye to a lot of good friends and didn't see the camera untill it was in my face. I saw a small hole in traffic and took off.

A lot of good people lost there job yesterday and it was not an easy day. My car is not on Craigs list or for sale at this point as I am still employed untill November 30th where at that time my position will be eliminated. I have a few options and time to figure things out unlike most of my friends.

As for why Clipper had more lay offs, Clipper was sold to a private equity company that only wants to go one direction with the company and for the changes to be made we knew a lay off was coming.

85XR7Project
08-21-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm sorry to hear that man, there are a good amount of machine shop jobs out here but that doesn't help you over there. I hope everything works out for those whom got laid off already.

AutoMods
08-21-2012, 10:45 AM
I was joking about craigslist. but yea its not really funny. sorry to hear about the company and your friends.

Ricky
08-21-2012, 11:52 AM
I have a few options and I have time to figure things out. Hope I can keep the vett but life is funny and there will always be another one. I will keep you guys posted on what I do.

JustinS
08-21-2012, 12:54 PM
That sucks man, you'll find something else I'm sure. If you have to sell off a few toys then so be it, there will always be other cars and bikes.

Keep your head up.

Jappbox
08-21-2012, 08:02 PM
This does suck, As for the Obama thing, he threw alot of Stimulas money into wind energy and things that I do for work but that has now run out and without another push or some other big 3rd party trying to pick up the Tab (wont happen) on things these companys wont servive. They think thier is lay offs now just wait till the Government pulls the plug on alot of "government assisted" programs and companys. It will get bad, Clipper was doing good past late 2008-2011 with stimulas in full effect with American Energy. My Work has had the same situation, lucly I stayed small and have a good track record and continue to do work but now drive a lot more to locations that need me. I know for a fact 100's of jobs in Iowa, and 1000's nationwide were lost in the Weatherization program when Our stimulas program dead line ran out in May. But we did do #1 in jobs and over 1,000,000 Homes were insulated with the program, saving $40,000,000 in Energy savings for Americans the first year alone. You wont see that talked about in the Negative ads.

Jappbox
08-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Sorry for my little rant, it just sucks that good things like Wind Energy get cut or dont get looked at. I wish they would invest more time and money in these kind of jobs than Banks and wall street, but they are all freaking messed up on that hill in Washinton. I hope you get you keep your job Eric.

SledgeWS6
08-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Its a shame localized business has to shut down. That being said, macro economics tells us a true free market will provide the most efficent source of energy. At this time, oil continues to be that source based on our current technological limits. The stimulous also dictated things be done certain ways, following certain proceedures. History tells us the most innovation comes from the private sector, until some rich bastard decides he wants to pursue alternative energy, in a serious manner, we won't have any significant strides.

SaNdMaNsSi
08-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Its a shame localized business has to shut down. That being said, macro economics tells us a true free market will provide the most efficent source of energy. At this time, oil continues to be that source based on our current technological limits. The stimulous also dictated things be done certain ways, following certain proceedures. History tells us the most innovation comes from the private sector, until some rich bastard decides he wants to pursue alternative energy, in a serious manner, we won't have any significant strides.

All of this to a "T."

AutoMods
08-22-2012, 12:37 PM

this is pretty much true. although by dumping money into renewable energy, they are hoping to discover better ways to make energy. investors aren't willing to take the risks sometimes. Look what happened with solydra .

when gas prices get even higher, the alternative energy's will naturally start becoming more competitive