PDA

View Full Version : WTF, Dodge?

sLoWnStEaDy
07-28-2012, 09:26 PM
might just be me... The "Charger" sucked, the "Challenger" was good but now it looks like they're bringing back the "Dart" name. Looked ugly as fuck and i seen 40MPG at the end.

I don'r like when manufacturers do this shit. Like the Dusters that were actually "Acclaims". The dart was a bad ass car back in the day (IMO) and i dont like them making it an economy car now. I got excited when I heard the commercial, then I seen it.... :(

sparkles
07-28-2012, 09:38 PM
might just be me... The "Charger" sucked
You're must be freakin high. My mom had one of these bad boys. 57 Bel Air before that.

Joking aside, I know what you're talking about. I wish Detroit would come up with something fresh.

sLoWnStEaDy
07-28-2012, 10:06 PM
LOL, I meant the new charger, but those sucked too!

Seriously, they have: Spirit, Aries, Entrepid, Dynasty, Stratus and I am sure MANY more lame ass car names they could "bring back". Not sure what there current line-up is but bringing back these "muscle cars names" and making them little fuckin fru fru cars is dumb to me.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-dodge-dart-first-drive-review

85XR7Project
07-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Dodge has had it hard for many years. With Fiat at the wheel there will be more freedom. The Caliber needed replacement and they needed a strong name, Dodge obviously is good at digging up old names because they chose the Dart. I'm eager to see a Dart SRT4! As for the Challenger, there is rumors that it will be replaced by a sportier Cuda under the SRT badge (not Dodge). Quite honestly it's nice to see Dodge pulling it's shit together with a great financial backing such as Fiat. The new Viper is absolutely badass looking, almost looks European with American power. The Charger is still a little soggy around the edges but the newer ones look MUCH better than the orig 4 door ones. I wish they had continued to make the Magnum (another name dug up and ruined IMO) because I loved those things. What they need to do is kill that shitty ass Journey and use the money for something much more interesting that a queer ass crossover.

But then what do I know? I "get all my info from the Internet or whatever"...

Xjeffs
07-28-2012, 10:30 PM
New Charger looks great! Charger of the last six years was AWFUL!!

Clinical
07-28-2012, 11:19 PM
i like the new dart personally, the rally turbo version already looks pretty good from a performance standpoint - really excited to see the dart srt4

AutoMods
07-29-2012, 05:57 PM
I also don't think they should have named a sub-compact car the dart. dodge has a lot of issues

sparkles
07-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Yeah, they probably should have just thrown a bunch of random letters and numbers at it.

Sleepy
07-30-2012, 06:02 AM
There is quite the chatter in the neon community about the new dart. According to others(to be taken with a grain of salt) is that tech's are being taught the car will be on three drivetrain plat forms, fwd and later to be rwd or awd.

Very interested to see what the SRT model will come out as.

AutoMods
07-30-2012, 08:57 AM
rwd 2.4 turbo would be sweet

Sleepy
07-30-2012, 10:58 AM
That is what the old dodge razor prototype was. Granted it was ugly as sin.

If the SRT Dart is a 2.4 world engine with a rwd set up I would be quite interested.

The one thing I wish my car was, would be rwd.

BGjohnson
08-01-2012, 04:14 PM
It will be a flunk, not outsell or outperform anything in it's class, people not knowing any better will be the only ones buying them. Economy people will be into 41mpg. I hope I eat my words, pretty sure I won't.

Sleepy
08-01-2012, 04:47 PM
You mean a flunk like the caliber and the chrysler 200.

Or the fiat 500 for that fact. FUUUUUUUU Pos :(

AutoMods
08-01-2012, 04:50 PM
the srt4 actually is fast for its price. with their poor resale value, you get a lot for little price.

i test drove the 2005 wrx 2.0 vs the 2005 srt4 and 2005 legacy gt 2.5 all brand new. ended up buying the legacy but the srt4 felt the fastest .

slow ride
08-01-2012, 05:16 PM
You need to fix that legacy up some ;)