PDA

View Full Version : Wtb: Car $200

Chase
07-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Yes, thats what I said.

I want to buy a car for 200$.

I plan on using it for a demo durby, so as long as this thing can move under its own power and stop.

Let me know if you have/know of anything.

SaNdMaNsSi
07-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Unfortunately, a Demo car is probably still going to cost you 500 bucks. Just about any car is worth 3-450 bucks in salvage, and if you remove the cat, battery, alternator, starter, aluminum/copper radiator/condenser, and if it has aluminum rims, you're looking at a minimum of 600 in salvage.... Your only bet really would be to find someone that has a car with bill of sale only that they can't take to salvage without the title (which might mean stolen)....Around here, everyone seems to know about salvage, so you might have a hard time...

Chase
07-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Im aware.

$200 is a starting point. I'm making it obvious that I am not looking for much.

Deimos
07-12-2012, 06:13 AM
if you find one let me know.

SaNdMaNsSi
07-12-2012, 09:09 AM
if you find one let me know.

We do have them from time to time, but we end up crushing them because we get a decent amount of money for a car. If people are really interested in the future, I can let you guys know. For awhile there we had a dirt track racer from CR buying our imports and racing them. I called him on a honda accord about 9 months ago, and he never returned my call so we crushed it. We just don't want anyone buying a junk car from us and then try to put it on the road, so we don't sell to the general public. However, in his case, since we are directly tied into the DOT, we are able to make titles and made a junking certificate in his name and just stated on there that the civic he bought could never be licensed for the road and that's how we sold that one. If people are really serious, I have no problem PMing interested parties when that stuff comes up.

Xjeffs
07-24-2012, 08:47 PM
I might have something for you. Super rusty 88 Cougar xr7. Goes and stops. I want to keep some cosmetics, seats and rims, but any fox seat and four bolt rims would fit. I'm in Waterloo. PM if interested.