PDA

View Full Version : Acquired an Injector Flow bench

AutoMods
07-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Been looking for a good deal on one of these for a while now. Finally got one and its been pretty interesting playing around with it. Mainly going to use it to flow match injector sets we sell. Will be nice to use it to clean the e85 out of the rx7's injectors for winter storage too.

http://importevolution.com/temp/asnu/ansu1.jpg

Threw a set of used injectors Dustin got on ebay onto the flow bench. One had slightly weird spray pattern and some dripping so here it is being ultrasonically cleaned.

http://importevolution.com/temp/asnu/asnu_clean.jpg

AutoMods
07-10-2012, 10:56 PM
I've had time to flow test 3 styles of injectors so far . Surprisingly they don't match very well from the factory. I thought they would be within 3 % from the factory. I've even seen other sellers claim they are great and within 1% straight from the manufacturer and don't need matching. These vendors must not have a flow bench.

Siemens Deka 80lb tall injectors , dynamically flow tested 40 injectors, variance was above the average mark 5% and below the average mark 5% . Leaving you with a possible 10% difference if you got a lower flowing one and one higher flowing one!!!!
Siemens Deka 60lb pico injectors, same result as above
Siemens Deka 60lb tall injectors, these had a bit tighter tolerances on the 32 I tested. But still + and - 4% from the average mark. Very possible to get a set with 8% variance!

8 to 10 percent is not acceptable in my opinion for performance cars. So I'd recommend matching sets for anyone who wants to get the most out of their tune.

I will test some bosch injectors soon.

sparkles
07-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Have you had time to test any of the 42lb Bosch ones I bought from you? I may bring mine up to you to have you clean them out before winter storage time comes.

AutoMods
07-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Have you had time to test any of the 42lb Bosch ones I bought from you? I may bring mine up to you to have you clean them out before winter storage time comes.

Not yet but we sell a lot of those bosch 42lb'ers so they will be tested soon. I'm guessing bosch will have tighter tolerances but that's just a guess, also a smaller injector is probably easier to keep precise.

Sleepy
07-11-2012, 04:26 PM
I was kind of worried about this when I bought mine. For the shear fact you did not have a flow bench.

What would be the cost to have 4 run through to get an idea of where they are sitting?

slow ride
07-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Are you going to group them in tighter groups and keep track of each, etc? I'll take a fatty for number 7 please :)

AutoMods
07-11-2012, 04:41 PM
I was kind of worried about this when I bought mine. For the shear fact you did not have a flow bench.

What would be the cost to have 4 run through to get an idea of where they are sitting?

Well if it makes you feel better, most people don't buy flow matched and they don't blow their cars up. And most shops don't own flow benches. I still offer standard sets unchecked and charge extra for flow matched sets.

do you run e85? if so I can clean them for you during the winter and check the flow.

AutoMods
07-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Are you going to group them in tighter groups and keep track of each, etc? I'll take a fatty for number 7 please :)

yea i group them but only give those out to people who pay extra. its fairly time consuming to load them, flow and match them. also takes more inventory to be able to group them.

yea i actually did do that, I put some richer injectors in my ls1 cylinder 7 and 8 :)

Sleepy
07-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Hah yes, not to worried. I am sure the neon would not notice one way or another.

Yes, running e80(err..e70). However I will get in touch with you in the fall to get them out to you to check and clean them for the winter.

Well if it makes you feel better, most people don't buy flow matched and they don't blow their cars up. And most shops don't own flow benches. I still offer standard sets unchecked and charge extra for flow matched sets.

do you run e85? if so I can clean them for you during the winter and check the flow.

OldSkoolRCR
07-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Very nice purchase Ryan...

allgo
07-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Thats awsome....

JustinS
07-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Either those are some very fancy garage blinds or you set that up in your bedroom, your wife must be pissed!!!!!!!

slow ride
07-11-2012, 06:30 PM
I had my red tops cleaned and flowed on my old heads cam 383 setup. Put the larger ones in back like stated above. Those would have been bosch type and the variation was not as bad as some of those numbers. I'd have to look on the home pc to see if I can find the sheet.